Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Vandalay View Post
Thanks, Dan and others, for this amazing thread!

I'm wanting to earn my DiaD in the very near future, but am facing a dilemma. My main interest in DiaD would be the perks, but am also hoping that $50k coin-in might lead to future room comps. My main market for gambling will for sure be Vegas, though I live in Southern California.

I would rather earn DiaD where the expected cost is less than Vegas (currently, if my math is right, about $775 unless I wanted to spend 20 hours at the Rio at the $1 single play Bonus Poker machine.) By a weird confluence of circumstances, I may have the opportunity within the next month to earn it either in North Carolina, or Lake Tahoe, or (of course) Southern California. Unusual, because I don't travel much nationally.

BUT. . .if any room comps that may follow in the wake of earning DiaD are market-specific, then I guess I'd really need to earn it in Vegas since that is where I'm really hoping for comps. I understand that DiaD perks and comps are not the same thing, with the latter being based on ADT, etc.. . .but it's my understanding from some folks that being Diamond I might certainly have the avilability of some midweek room comps in Vegas if I earn it there.

Any thoughts from people with more experience at this would be greatly welcome, especially since I need to make my travel plans soon! Thanks!
Keep in mind that you are probably not going to hit a royal while making Diamond, so you need to add about $1000 to the expected loss in that case.

So add that $1000 on to the average loss, and then ask yourself if it's still worth it.

Seven Stars is a bit different because the chance of hitting a royal is much higher, thus bringing you (likely) closer to the theoretical loss.

Room/offer perks in Vegas will vary. But they won't last all that long (probably 6 months), so make sure you redeem them.

Why not play the single 0 roulette machine if someone only wants diamond? 140 on black and red, 8 on 0 it's an expected loss of 1500 ish to hit diamond. I have 1k their credit right now and I'm currently platinum with no clue about video poker. Do you think video poker is better since there's a chance I could come out ahead?