Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A disturbing story from 1991 which I've never told anyone before

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

A disturbing story from 1991 which I've never told anyone before

This story popped into my head tonight. I've literally never told anyone this story. In fact, I had completely forgotten about it for decades until tonight.

The year was 1991. I was 19 years old, single, and calling a party line. I mostly just called it to talk when I was bored, but if a girl happened to be on there who sounded good, I would start a conversation with her, and eventually ask for her phone number if things were going well.

On this particular night, I heard a new voice on the line. Her name was Tara. She said she was 18, and had the best voice I had ever heard. I'm not kidding. I was smart enough by then to know that a voice often doesn't correlate with looks, but Tara's voice was so hot that it was tough to keep that cautionary thought in my head.

Even better, Tara showed instant interest in me. She practically threw herself at me right away. I didn't have to do any work at all with this one. She was instantly interested, and really wanted to talk to me privately.

I called her up, and at first we made small talk. She told me that she was a fashion model, and had most recently appeared in the magazine FHM. She even told me the exact issue she was in, though it was months old and not easily accessible.

Obviously there was no easy way to send pictures in 1991, so people just described themselves. Her description, if it was accurate, matched the voice. She said she was 5'7", 120 pounds, with blond hair, blue eyes, and big tits.

Could this really be true?

Even at age 19, I was a skeptic. I had obvious questions in my mind. Why did a girl like this need to resort to calling party lines to meet guys? Why was she so aggressive in trying to get to talk to me? Shouldn't she have a huge choice of men in her life to choose from?

Rather than quietly wonder this to myself, I asked her these questions.

"Because I'm so tired of men only being interested in me for my looks," Tara answered. "I thought maybe on the party line, where people can't see me, I could find a good guy who liked me for who I am first, and what I look like second."

That seemed like a reasonable answer, but I was still somewhat skeptical. I asked her why she was so focused upon me, and so quickly.

"I liked your voice, and you just seem really cool, really nice, really down to earth," she said. "You're the type of guy I've been looking to meet all of this time. I'm just really glad I found you."

I still wasn't convinced, but I wasn't ready to throw this away. What if it was true? What if I really did stumble upon a super-hot fashion model who retreated to the seedy world of party lines when she got tired of men in real life treating her like a sex object?

Still, I proceeded with caution. I talked to her for an hour or so each day. After not too long, she dropped the pleasantries and started attempting to talk dirty to me. I should have been turned on by this, but I just felt.... weird. Like something wasn't right. She kept wanting me to jerk off on the phone and talk really dirty to her. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I had done it before, but those situations weren't weird. This one was. I didn't want to outright reject her, but something just felt "off" here, and I didn't want to go there.

Tara also swore that I was the only guy she was talking to from the party line, and that I was her only interest. She kept repeating that I was the guy she had always been looking for, and she didn't have a need to be talking to anyone else.

Every time she tried to talk dirty to me, I would change the subject. After about a week of talking to her, she finally got frustrated with this, and I could tell I was about to lose her. The 19-year-old horndog in me didn't want to let this happen, so one night I just let her talk dirty, while sitting there and saying nothing. I wasn't even turned on by it, because I was SO suspicious of this whole thing. But I just let her do her thing, I sat there silent, she had her orgasm, and surprisingly that seemed to satisfy her for the moment.

The next day, we were on the phone, and I was discussing some guy on the party line who had been threatening me.

"Are you scared?", she asked. "I heard him on there. The whole thing sounds really frightening."

"Nah," I confidently responded. "People talk shit like that all the time on there. It's no big deal. But this guy is getting really persistent. I think I know someone who has his phone number. That's all I need. Once I get his number, I can get all of his info, then I'm sure he will back down at that point."

Her calm, sexy voice suddenly turned to panic.

"Wait... are you a hacker? Todd, are you really a hacker?", she asked.

"Well, I kind of am, but... don't worry. I only use it against people like that guy. Someone like you, who I like, I would never...."

"No... I can't do this. I didn't know you're a hacker! I can't talk to you anymore!"

"Tara, wait!", I pleaded. "Seriously, it's nothing to worry about! I promise... I'm not going to look anything up about you. You can tell me everything at your own pace. I don't do things like..."

"Please, leave me alone. Don't ever call me again," she told me in a voice that sounded it was coming through tears. "I can't do this. Just please... stop calling me and forget I exist."

With that, she hung up.

I thought to myself, "So........ what the fuck just happened here?"

I gathered my thoughts. Clearly she was hiding something, and hearing that I was a hacker spooked her. She must have been worried that I would figure out some disturbing lie or secret she was hiding.

Of course, this wasn't the first time I encountered a phony on the party line, and I was too suspicious the whole way to ever become emotionally invested in her. I shrugged it off and didn't really care too much.

But there was more to the story. Much, much, more.

And I was about to be thrust front-and-center into the middle of it.

END PART 1

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: So glad I waited to discover thread...gold! Thanks

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    PART 2

Eddie was 18 years old, and a good friend of mine. He also called party lines, though I was the one who introduced him to them.

Eddie was from a very conservative, Catholic family. His parents were strict. He was a very nice guy, though often too passive and not self-assured at all. He was always worried that you were pissed at him, and you had to assure him that you weren't.

However, in the prior 6 months or so, Eddie started to change. He was getting more confident. He stopped asking as much if you were mad at him. And he developed an interest in firearms. Eddie purchased a rifle shortly after his 18th birthday, inscribed the name of our hacker group on it, and used it to shoot trees in his backyard for target practice when his parents weren't home.

About a week after Tara told me never to call her again (a request I respected), I decided to tell Eddie about it. Eddie and I would often share stories about girls and ask each other for advice, so I figured it was worth telling him about this one and getting his take on it.

"Wait a minute...", said Eddie, the stress level clearly rising in his voice. "This Tara you were talking to... was she a model for FHM and other magazines? Did she tell you that she had always been looking for a nice, down-to-earth guy like you, and that she was sick of all the jerks who just wanted her for her body?"

"Yeah, exactly. So you've been talking to her, too, and she's been feeding you all of the same lines? Because that's pretty much exactly the stuff she told me", I replied.

"About 2 weeks ago, I met her on the party line," Eddie explained. "She hit on me immediately. I got her phone number, and very soon after that.... well.... I've been having a lot of phone sex with her."

"Two weeks... that's about exactly when I started talking to her! She told me she wasn't talking to anyone else! I knew she was full of crap," I replied.

"Yeah she told me that too," said Eddie, sounding increasingly agitated. "I can't believe I was so stupid. I believed everything she said. You have no idea how dirty that girl is... the type of stuff she said to me. Like, it was even too hardcore for me sometimes. Wait... did you do that with her, too? I feel really weird right now."

"No," I told him. "She kept trying, but I kept changing the subject. Something just never felt right. I knew she was lying. One time I just let her talk dirty herself, but I never said anything back, and I just let her do it so she'd stop bugging me about it."

"Fuck... why am I so stupid sometimes?", asked an exasperated Eddie. "She said she wanted to meet me next week. Told me all the stuff she wants to do with me. I wonder if she was really going to go through with it? I wonder what her story is."

"She's obviously worried about me finding her out. That's why the panic when she heard I was a hacker. So now that we know she's been playing us, let's find out the truth. I'm gonna go to work on this one."

Uncovering personal information requires a starting point. Once you have that starting point, you can milk it for more information, which you then investigate and uncover even more, until you have eventually find out everything you need to know. Having been part of the '80s hacker community for several years, I was already a veteran at doing stuff like this. And I had that starting point -- her phone number.

I found out that the number was attached to a very modest, 1-bedroom apartment in Canoga Park, California. It was not in a particularly good neighborhood.

The address also had a second phone number active.

The second phone number was registered to a woman with a Filipino-sounding name. I looked this woman up, and found that she was 48 years old.

Tara's number was surprisingly registered to David Duler (name changed for this story). David was 23.

I brought my findings to Eddie.

"I don't understand," I told him. "Not only is Tara's line registered to some dude, but the other phone line there is registered to a much older woman."

"Maybe Tara is David's younger sister," theorized Eddie.

"Yeah, maybe. But why does David never answer the phone when we call? She never even told us she had a brother. She said she lives with her parents. Who is David, and who is that middle-aged Filipina woman? I mean, it's only a 1-bedroom. How many people are crammed in that place?"

"You think maybe we've been talking to the Filipina woman? You think that's Tara's secret? That she's 48 years old?", asked Eddie.

"No, I already considered that. I called up the second phone line. Nobody answered, but I got an answering machine, and the voice on it sounds like an older Asian woman with a thick accent. So that's definitely not Tara."

We then tried to put together other clues about Tara which we had noticed while talking to her.

"You know what? I just realized I've never talked to Tara before 10pm. Like, never. I met her on the party line at around midnight. Every night she doesn't answer her phone or call me until after 10:00. I can't believe I didn't notice this before."

"You're right!", remarked Eddie. "Same here! It's always after 10! That's so weird. I wonder what that means."

"Wait... are you still talking to her? She quit talking to me last week, but does she know you're onto her?", I asked.

"No," replied Eddie. "I'm acting like everything's totally normal. I still talk to her. I mean, I kinda still like talking to her. She sounds really fucking hot, even if she's covering something up. But yeah, we gotta figure this one out."

"See if you can get anything else out of her that might be useful. Like, talk about your brothers and sisters, and then ask her if she has any siblings. Then casually ask her about them. See what she says," I suggested.

"Great idea!", replied Eddie. "I'm good at this. Trust me, she'll never suspect a thing. I'll let you know whatever she tells me."

In the meantime, I was going to dig for more information on my own, and see if I could figure out a few things. Did David Duler have a younger sister? Did the Filipina woman perhaps have a daughter? How long had they lived in that apartment? Was it possible a teenage girl was being held there against her will, and could only call us at night when everyone was asleep?

I didn't know yet, but I was about to find out.

END PART 2

Comments

MumblesBadly: Charles Dickens would be proud

Charham: Good story

BCR: Good story, but damn it Druff. The episodic storytelling is why Netflix is killing it. You’re going 70s style ‘to be continued’ on us.

thesparten: :)

Load Metric
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Part 3 please Druff, loving this story.

Load Metric
    Are u people retarded he was obv talking to the 24 year old son dick girl

Gold
    Load Metric
    Lol druff pretending he didn't jerk off on the phone with a guy he thought was a hot chick.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Had to be said.

HoodedN: real talk

BlunderMaker: real talk rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You are entertaining and this os a good story... Part 3 please....

: ).. Its a good read, please continue..

Banned
    Load Metric
    good story

I have to be honest though, if this story doesn't end with "So that's how i ended up sucking my first dick" I am going to be disappointed.

Comments

thesparten: Lol

ShawnFanningsLimpDick:

Load Metric
    shiela was a man, funky cold medina

Comments

hongkonger: Tone Loc rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    PART 3

I dug deeper, in an attempt to try and figure out what was going on with this puzzling situation.

I was able to verify that David Duler was an only child, so there was no way Tara was his younger sister.

The Filipina woman was a lot tougher. I couldn't find any information on her, besides her age. I did find out that she had lived in that apartment for the past 11 years. It was not clear when David moved in.

The best I could do at that point was to check the local public high school, and to see if anyone had attended with the uncommon-looking last name of the Filipina woman. There was no record of such a person, so that lowered the chances of Tara being her daughter, though it was very possible she could have a daughter with a different last name.

But none of this was conclusive enough. I needed definitive answers, and all I was doing here was eliminating a few possibilities.

I had been resisting calling the Filipina woman and attempting to social engineer her, because I didn't want to spook Tara. After all, Eddie was still talking to her, and we were hoping she would let something slip. Often people's phony stories are very loosely based upon the truth, and will sometimes yield valuable clues to the real situation.

But I decided it was time. I had hit a dead end. The Filipina woman was my last shot at truly having visibility into what was going on there.

I took a deep breath and called her in the early evening, pretending to be from the US Census Bureau.

Fortunately, she was cooperative.

"How many people are living in this household?", I asked.

"Two," she replied, in the same thick accent I had heard on the answering machine.

"We have records that the other person in the apartment is a male named David Duler, is that correct?"

"Yes," she said. "David has lived with me for 2 years."

"Is David your husband, or just a roommate?", I asked, hoping she wouldn't start to get suspicious.

"He is my boyfriend, but we are not married."

Well, now we were getting somewhere!

"Do you have any children?"

"No."

"Are there any minors living on the premises, even frequent visitors who stay over?"

"No."

"Are there any adults living on the premises, even temporarily?"

"No."

"So it's just you and David living here for the past 2 years, and no one else?"

"Yes."

"Are you and Mr. Duler both employed?", I asked, hoping she would answer this final question.

"I am employed. David is not."

I thanked the woman for her time, and ended the call.

Eddie had been listening in to the entire call on 3-way.

We discussed what this information meant.

"Well obviously they are hiding something," said Eddie. "Tara lives there, but they won't admit it, not even to someone from the Census. I wonder why she's such a big secret. This is just so weird."

"Ummm... I have a new theory, but you're not going to like it," I said nervously to Eddie. "I don't think Tara exists. I think David is Tara. I believe we've been speaking to a man this entire time."

"WHAT?!", shouted Eddie, in an angrier tone than I had ever heard from him. "NO!!! NO!!! That's not possible! You heard her voice! There's no way a man could do that. No way! It's not just a female voice, it's a really hot female voice. THERE'S NO WAY!! It has to be something else...."

"I don't like the idea of it, either, but it all adds up", I explained. "That woman who lives there, she had no clue that I wasn't really from the Census. She answered quickly and it didn't seem like she was hiding anything. I really believe it's just her and David there. Remember how David doesn't ever answer Tara's phone? Remember how we only talk to Tara after 10pm? Remember the Filipina woman saying that she works, and David doesn't? David waits for her to go to bed, then he goes in the other room, gets on the phone, and pretends to be a girl."

"OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!! Fuck, I think you're right! FUCK!!! FUCK!!! I can't believe this!" shouted Eddie. I had never seen this side of him before. "I had phone sex with her.... him.... soooo many times! This is fucking bullshit to trick me like this. FUCK!!! Give me the address. Give me the address, I'm going down there right now with a bat. I'm gonna beat him senseless for this. Give me the address, I'm going down there right now, and if I don't find Tara there, I'm gonna bash in his fucking skull. Tara always wanted to talk about me fucking her up the ass. It all makes sense now! FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!"

I told tried to calm Eddie. I told him that this was still just a theory, that we weren't 100% sure yet. I told him we needed to get verification before deciding what to do, and that he shouldn't do anything rash. Truthfully, I didn't want to see any violence happen. I understood Eddie's anger, but I wanted him to have time to calm down. Besides, it was true that we still were only operating on a theory.

"David has no idea that we know about this," I explained. "I think it's time for you to call up 'Tara' later tonight, with me on the phone, and we'll confront 'her' together."

"He's not gonna tell us shit," said Eddie. "He'll just hang up on us once he knows we both know."

"No," I answered. "We won't let him off the hook that easy. We're gonna make sure he knows that we won't go away until we get the full truth of the situation. We'll be very persistent. Trust me... we'll get him to talk."

10pm arrived later that night.

I called Eddie.

"Ready to call Tara?", I asked.

"Yeah," he said. "Let's do this."

END PART 3

Comments

thesparten: Well written, real talk...

MumblesBadly: The plot thickens!

BCR: I am hoping Eddie puts a Louisville Slugger to use in part IV unless there’s a hot teenage runaway living in the basement into dirty talk.

JohnCommode: The scent of Manti Te'o has always been in the air with this story. Can't wait for the exciting conclusion.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This will be a 5-part saga.

Comments

Tellafriend: Enjoying it

JohnCommode: Keep it up. Between this one and the Scalir apartment fiasco, you're on a real story roll.

Gold
    Load Metric
    2 trilogies are where it's at imo. Stretch it out into one that ends with LLL's first post.

RIP LLL, wherever you are.
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Load Metric
    I'm not buying the story that you never jerked off to him. Although I'm not sure if you did it before or after you learned it was a guy.

Load Metric
    Great story.

I have to suspend my belief to get through it. My experience at that age was the more a girl talked the less attractive she became.

continue...

Silver
    Load Metric
    Druff leaving us all hanging on the edge of our seats

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinx420 View Post
    Druff leaving us all hanging on the edge of our seats
    Sonatine is working on some alternate endings. I would pick up the pace.

Lot of Tine’s stuff is cut and paste from his vast library.

Comments

The_Lurker: somebody is getting their dick sucked

Bronze
    Load Metric

That young man with the voice of an angel and a preference for Filipina women grew up to be none other than...

...mass murderer Stephen Paddock.

Name:  and-now-you-know-the-rest-of-the-story.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  328.2 KB

Load Metric
    Let's get part 4 up here, I'm not going to sleep until you do.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    2 trilogies are where it's at imo. Stretch it out into one that ends with LLL's first post.

RIP LLL, wherever you are.
    Lot of great British shows have 6 show seasons. Maybe a holiday version of the story if thread is successful.

Load Metric
    Best thread on PFA

Thread Information