Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2017-18 NBA Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What a horrible day for the NBA competition wise that he signed with a west coast team.

As for East coast teams they are happy Lebron is gone unless he signed with them.

Celtics and 76ers probably have the best chance next year to make the finals out of the East. The Raptors won't get over the hump come playoff time unless they add some more talent.

Lebron will be retire a Laker and hopefully get no more championships.

In the East LBJ was almost a lock to make the finals with any team he chose but the Lakers will have to add someone else otherwise they won't get past the Warriors and maybe not Houston with their lineup currently. They do get the bump to #3 or #4 in the West immediately from signing Lebron obv.

If anything by this move Lebron won't pad his nba finals losing record since if he gets there with the Lakers they are nearly locks to beat the team from the east.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    He’s going to get guys to come. He’s been on a series of one year deals and still attracted ring chaser vets in Cleveland and elsewhere. Now it’s showtime with Bron and Magic making calls. Kahwi is likely to come. He’s threatening to sit out year and publicly telling everyone they’re wasting their time if they aren’t the Lakers. He’ll take down GS by year two. Shit, Houston had them on the brink if Paul doesn’t go down. Houston has a very small window. I assume they’ll match Capella, but if they don’t, any combo of Kahwi, Lebron plus replacement level players becomes the second best team in the West assuming Kahwi is healthy. People forget exactly how good Kahwi is. Best perimeter defender in the league by a wide margin who can put up 25. Kuzma will fit very well with Lebron. I’m assuming BI will have to be part of any deal with SAS, but if not, any combination of Bron, Kahwi, BI, Kuzma, and rim protection will be real hard to beat. The league gets what the league wants. When I saw the calls he got against Indy, then the calls they didn’t get in that game 1 of finals, I knew the league was taking no chances on fucking up the golden goose.

Dominoes will start to fall now and you can bet on Lakers/GSv Boston/Philly for next 5 years. League can’t lose. Legacy big market draws.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Everybody here knew after they butchered the Kyrie trade that he was gone. They even made season ticket holders sign a 3 year contract in February to keep their seats. We'll always have 2016 BCR

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lakers are signing Lance Stephenson for 1 year/4.5 million which is a good role player addition for them without any long term risk.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-one-year-deal

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by unlearn View Post
    Everybody here knew after they butchered the Kyrie trade that he was gone. They even made season ticket holders sign a 3 year contract in February to keep their seats. We'll always have 2016 BCR

You’ll be able to sit in bottom bowl for $50 the next few years. I’ll enjoy that as I have a lot of buddies who aren’t huge NBA fans, but more casual fans, and they’ll go for that price. That’s the upside. I love the game. I’ll embrace the tank and watch the kids fall all over themselves. I think they only had the 3 year deal with floor seats. And indeed, 2016 was magical. Still glad he came back. Won’t hate on him. 11 years of excellence is all you can expect. That’s basically Bird’s career. We surrounded him with shit. That’s partly his fault for playing GM, but we drafted garbage when he was gone also. I just want Lue gone and for Gilbert to not let his ego get in the way. I don’t hate him as he spends, and that’s almost all you can ask out of an owner, but we’re going into development mode so Lue has to go and Love needs to be featured and traded for assets. Any attempt to remain competitive will fail, and delay the process.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unlearn View Post

You’ll be able to sit in bottom bowl for $50 the next few years. I’ll enjoy that as I have a lot of buddies who aren’t huge NBA fans, but more casual fans, and they’ll go for that price. That’s the upside. I love the game. I’ll embrace the tank and watch the kids fall all over themselves. I think they only had the 3 year deal with floor seats. And indeed, 2016 was magical. Still glad he came back. Won’t hate on him. 11 years of excellence is all you can expect. That’s basically Bird’s career. We surrounded him with shit. That’s partly his fault for playing GM, but we drafted garbage when he was gone also. I just want Lue gone and for Gilbert to not let his ego get in the way. I don’t hate him as he spends, and that’s almost all you can ask out of an owner, but we’re going into development mode so Lue has to go and Love needs to be featured and traded for assets. Any attempt to remain competitive will fail, and delay the process.
    his ego will be a huge asset IF IF IF (and those are some monstrous IFs) he only let's his ego say, 'fuck you LeBron, I can win without your stupid ass' and he lets basketball people get him there...if he goes jerry jones, trying to shove it up LeBron's ass himself he's gonna fail miserably...

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

his ego will be a huge asset IF IF IF (and those are some monstrous IFs) he only let's his ego say, 'fuck you LeBron, I can win without your stupid ass' and he lets basketball people get him there...if he goes jerry jones, trying to shove it up LeBron's ass himself he's gonna fail miserably...
    Two words. Anthony Bennett

/thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    lakers renounce randle and sign rondo..

jesus Christ...lance and rondo's crazy on the same team...

Load Metric

Isaiah Thomas, Rondo, LeBron etc etc. In any other market this would be a fans and a sports talk gold mine.

This kind of gold is wasted in the LA market.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Isaiah Thomas, Rondo, LeBron etc etc. In any other market this would be a fans and a sports talk gold mine.

This kind of gold is wasted in the LA market.
    I don't get any of this...they sign LeBron and surround him with another pupu platter of shit...I mean it's not like he's 23 and they can take their time...eventually he's gonna have to hit a wall and they're gonna be pissed that they've wasted a year with this shit...

outside of kuzma, Ingram and hart how is this any different than Cleveland? I mean yeah those guys are talented players, but none of them have proven they're on the level of a kevin love...

Load Metric
    Honestly, it looks like they think they’re going to have to wait on Kawhi and plan on signing boogie for a one year or something. These moves make zero sense except boogie and rondo and lance lol, those guys get along. What a strange cast to surround Lebron with. No one can shoot.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Ball/Rondo Backcourt For The LOLz Rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Honestly, it looks like they think they’re going to have to wait on Kawhi and plan on signing boogie for a one year or something. These moves make zero sense except boogie and rondo and lance lol, those guys get along. What a strange cast to surround Lebron with. No one can shoot.
    they were just saying on ESPN that they only have $5M left and we all know boogie aint signin for no $5M, torn achilles or not...

I get not wanting to gut ingram, hart, ball or kuzma for kawhi, but you need time to gel as a team...and waiting until '19 for a 35 year old LeBron just seems fucking retarded...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    LOL Bob...I bet his head is about ready to fucking explode...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    sorry for bombarding this thread, but the hits just keep on coming...

nerlens noel signs for the veterans minimum in OKC in a 1+1...last year he turned down a 4 year $70M deal in free agency...

OKC is in the tax so his $1.7M salary will cost them $10M...

this shit is better than anything that happened all season in the NBA...BRING ON THE SUMMER LEAGUE!!!

Load Metric
    they were just saying on ESPN that they only have $5M left and we all know boogie aint signin for no $5M, torn achilles or not...

I get not wanting to gut ingram, hart, ball or kuzma for kawhi, but you need time to gel as a team...and waiting until '19 for a 35 year old LeBron just seems fucking retarded...

My guess is they attach Lonzo to that crap Deng contract and move him somewhere. Rondo makes no sense unless you’re moving Ball

Platinum
    Load Metric
    WOW!!!!

boogie to GSW for 1 year a little over 5...I know he just blew out his achilles, but jesus who cares at that price...

apparently he would take a 1 year deal for 5M...fooled me...

Load Metric
    Honestly, this league is simply absurd at this point. As if the Warriors didn’t have enough, they’ll be bringing a 25ppg scorer back slowly after the all star break in time for the playoffs. These owners have to be dying for the next collective bargaining agreement. This forcing teams hands like Kyrie and Kawhi two years out from FA and shit like this have to be driving them insane. Next contract is going to be a war. Going to be 25 owners pissed off and ready to dig in.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Honestly, this league is simply absurd at this point. As if the Warriors didn’t have enough, they’ll be bringing a 25ppg scorer back slowly after the all star break in time for the playoffs. These owners have to be dying for the next collective bargaining agreement. This forcing teams hands like Kyrie and Kawhi two years out from FA and shit like this have to be driving them insane. Next contract is going to be a war. Going to be 25 owners pissed off and ready to dig in.
    5 all stars in the same starting lineup...

5 top 25 players in the same starting lineup...granted boogie might have trouble getting back to that point after the injury, but still...

cant imagine the league is happy about this...those TV ratings are gonna be in the shitter...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    WOW!!!!

boogie to GSW for 1 year a little over 5...I know he just blew out his achilles, but jesus who cares at that price...

apparently he would take a 1 year deal for 5M...fooled me...
    Yea this will have the Lakers and every team in the NBA shook. Cousins is only 27 so he can recover from that injury and if he comes back 70% of himself nobody going to touch this team next year.

Cousins probably felt he can just get that big contract after next year by showing he will bounce back fine while picking up a championship in the process.

Thread Information