Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: UFC 148 tonight

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

Sonnens next opponent has been announced, he will be fighting Forrest Griffin at UFC's year end show. I offered a bet taking Sonnen against the field to sixtoedtroll and am standing by my word. Name the amount up to $500 and we can escrow at even money with Druff.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30193/chae...r-end-show.mma

pming this to pete as well to be sure he gets the message.
    Wow, I must have burrowed deep under this stalker Peter McNeil's skin a while back. Check the dates on his UFC troll. He seems to be just another fool who has fell under my spell.

OK, Petey Mic My Neelies....... let's show the folks your PM and my response:

Here is peter mcneil's PM to me.....

Today, 12:34 AM

lets make a bet

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...4757#post74757

Yes, that was all he sent.

I had no clue what the idiot was referring to.

This was my response:

Today, 03:42 AM

???????????

I have no idea what you're braying about.

Get a life.

STP.

I know the dolt might be trolling me because I've repeatedly made a fool of him on the forum but....good grief....the lost soul doesn't even know how to propose a bet. If that's what he's trying to do.
    it would have taken you all of 2 minutes to follow the link I pm'd you to figure out what I was talking about. What more did you need than a link to this thread and the bet offered? Did you forget what you posted? I suppose I should have compassion, it must be hard for an old man like you to remember all the trolling he does. I made a bet offer and I remembered it, unlike you most people can remember these sorts of things, aging sucks, I understand. So bet not accepted and the things you said in this thread were just your standard daily trolling, I get it.

Load Metric
    I don't totally agree with Crowe that Forrest has mentally retired either, he's won 3 of his last 4, 2 dull fights against Tito a decision win against Franklin and a loss to Shogun.
    Don't believe me, believe Forrest, because he's told us a bunch of times, for well over a year now.
    --
    "It quit being fun when I realized I wasn't getting better. I'm plateauing or almost getting worse sometimes. One of the essential elements to have in this is your perceived expectation of the future, and I'm a painful realist, so I realized that I'm not going to get better; this is it. It's only gonna get worse from here on and you fight as much as you can, you fight until you don't have it anymore, and then you fight a couple more times after that."
    "... Griffin explained that he's essentially lost his hunger and is just going through the motions at this point. "Your cat's sick, you can't pay your rent, and for 15 or 25 minutes, however long, you're free of that. It's real hard for that to enter your mind when somebody's choking your face off. You're in that moment of getting your face choked. You ain't thinking about the bills, your mortgage or your boss," he said. "It's freedom from that. Well, now, the problem is that I've got a good life. I don't want freedom from my good life. I love my life. I've got an awesome wife, my cat's cool, he's pretty healthy, and life's pretty good."

This was from almost exactly 1 year ago.
    --
    “I don’t know yet, I don’t think so,” Griffin said. “If anything for me now I’m realizing I don’t have much left. This is the end of the road for me. I want a couple more you know fight fights, like good ones, you know. That’s all I really want. … Fights where I don’t get knocked out in the first round. Fights where like I get hurt, bleed a little, but I kind of like rally, you know, something of that nature.”

From last 8 months ago.

---

Here's what he said after his fight with Tito, in Vegas and avec le jus, as the French might say:
    “He had nothing at the end of the second and third rounds, and I didn't have enough to take advantage of it. It was pretty pathetic." Indeed it was.

Forrest has a good family, he has plenty of money, and he's not in any line for a title shot. He's said over and over that this makes it very hard to get up for a fight, to train in the way that you have to to be successful in the UFC, and it ain't getting any better. Forrest knows it, Dana knows it, everyone watching knows it. That performance against Tito, that ain't gonna improve any time soon, it's gonna fall and fall fast, like it always does when fighters are done and they know it, but they still want the big paycheck that's calling their name.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I don't totally agree with Crowe that Forrest has mentally retired either, he's won 3 of his last 4, 2 dull fights against Tito a decision win against Franklin and a loss to Shogun.
    Don't believe me, believe Forrest, because he's told us a bunch of times, for well over a year now.
    --
    "It quit being fun when I realized I wasn't getting better. I'm plateauing or almost getting worse sometimes. One of the essential elements to have in this is your perceived expectation of the future, and I'm a painful realist, so I realized that I'm not going to get better; this is it. It's only gonna get worse from here on and you fight as much as you can, you fight until you don't have it anymore, and then you fight a couple more times after that."
    "... Griffin explained that he's essentially lost his hunger and is just going through the motions at this point. "Your cat's sick, you can't pay your rent, and for 15 or 25 minutes, however long, you're free of that. It's real hard for that to enter your mind when somebody's choking your face off. You're in that moment of getting your face choked. You ain't thinking about the bills, your mortgage or your boss," he said. "It's freedom from that. Well, now, the problem is that I've got a good life. I don't want freedom from my good life. I love my life. I've got an awesome wife, my cat's cool, he's pretty healthy, and life's pretty good."

This was from almost exactly 1 year ago.
    --
    “I don’t know yet, I don’t think so,” Griffin said. “If anything for me now I’m realizing I don’t have much left. This is the end of the road for me. I want a couple more you know fight fights, like good ones, you know. That’s all I really want. … Fights where I don’t get knocked out in the first round. Fights where like I get hurt, bleed a little, but I kind of like rally, you know, something of that nature.”

From last 8 months ago.

---

Here's what he said after his fight with Tito, in Vegas and avec le jus, as the French might say:
    “He had nothing at the end of the second and third rounds, and I didn't have enough to take advantage of it. It was pretty pathetic." Indeed it was.

Forrest has a good family, he has plenty of money, and he's not in any line for a title shot. He's said over and over that this makes it very hard to get up for a fight, to train in the way that you have to to be successful in the UFC, and it ain't getting any better. Forrest knows it, Dana knows it, everyone watching knows it. That performance against Tito, that ain't gonna improve any time soon, it's gonna fall and fall fast, like it always does when fighters are done and they know it, but they still want the big paycheck that's calling their name.

can't argue that. I still like the matchup, I think it will be interesting to see Sonnen in there with a huge LHW and even though he's not into it mentally Griffin still manages to grind out wins against everyone he fights other than top 5 guys. He hasnt put up a bad loss in a very long time, maybe Jardine in '06?

Load Metric
    I think I may have mentioned this before, but Ghostface Killah has a twitter account that he uses for his mma/k1/boxing commentary, and its just awesome. He watches pretty much every combat sports event live, and cracks off a few tweets during the event, and they're just awesome, cuz they couldn't really come from anyone else.

Well worth the follow. https://twitter.com/gfkonmma

Load Metric
    I think I may have mentioned this before, but Ghostface Killah has a twitter account that he uses for his mma/k1/boxing commentary, and its just awesome. He watches pretty much every combat sports event live, and cracks off a few tweets during the event, and they're just awesome, cuz they couldn't really come from anyone else.

Well worth the follow. https://twitter.com/gfkonmma
    gonna toss this up in the mma news thread.

Banned
    Load Metric

Wow, I must have burrowed deep under this stalker Peter McNeil's skin a while back. Check the dates on his UFC troll. He seems to be just another fool who has fell under my spell.

OK, Petey Mic My Neelies....... let's show the folks your PM and my response:

Here is peter mcneil's PM to me.....

Today, 12:34 AM

lets make a bet

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...4757#post74757

Yes, that was all he sent.

I had no clue what the idiot was referring to.

This was my response:

Today, 03:42 AM

???????????

I have no idea what you're braying about.

Get a life.

STP.

I know the dolt might be trolling me because I've repeatedly made a fool of him on the forum but....good grief....the lost soul doesn't even know how to propose a bet. If that's what he's trying to do.
    it would have taken you all of 2 minutes to follow the link I pm'd you to figure out what I was talking about. What more did you need than a link to this thread and the bet offered? Did you forget what you posted? I suppose I should have compassion, it must be hard for an old man like you to remember all the trolling he does. I made a bet offer and I remembered it, unlike you most people can remember these sorts of things, aging sucks, I understand. So bet not accepted and the things you said in this thread were just your standard daily trolling, I get it.
    Of course I clicked the link. It still made no sense.

I recall that you were upset when I mentioned Chael Sonnen did not live up to all his trash talking about Anderson Silva. That was a valid criticism.

Somehow, using your twisted logic, you spun my criticism of Sonnen into some fantasy bet vs. 'the field'. It made little sense when you initially wrote it; it makes even less sense now.

It's entirely your creation. I may be wrong but I don't recall ever proposing such a wager or agreeing to one you pulled out of thin air.

I know Sonnen has good MMA skills. Plus, I've laughed plenty of times at his witty banter. The guy is great for the UFC.

However, Anderson Silva made Chael Sonnen look foolish. Chael failed to back up his considerable trash talk. He earned a nice paycheck.

His pre-fight antics certainly helped promote that bout. I enjoyed all his crazy talk but I realized he was just a carnival barker trying to get fans into the tent.

Load Metric

I recall that you were upset when I mentioned Chael Sonnen did not live up to all his trash talking about Anderson Silva. That was a valid criticism.

Somehow, using your twisted logic, you spun my criticism of Sonnen into some fantasy bet vs. 'the field'. It made little sense when you initially wrote it; it makes even less sense now.

It's entirely your creation. I may be wrong but I don't recall ever proposing such a wager or agreeing to one you pulled out of thin air.

I know Sonnen has good MMA skills. Plus, I've laughed plenty of times at his witty banter. The guy is great for the UFC.

However, Anderson Silva made Chael Sonnen look foolish. Chael failed to back up his considerable trash talk. He earned a nice paycheck.

His pre-fight antics certainly helped promote that bout. I enjoyed all his crazy talk but I realized he was just a carnival barker trying to get fans into the tent.
    With all due respect sage elder, Chael Sonnen won the first round and was ok in the second until he tried to be Jon Jones and use a spinning elbow. In both of their fights Sonnen was ahead until he made a single mistake. Anderson made Forrest Griffin look foolish, he made Chael look like a guy capable of winning even though he may not have won.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

With all due respect sage elder, Chael Sonnen won the first round and was ok in the second until he tried to be Jon Jones and use a spinning elbow.
    The fact that Silva stuffed the takedowns in the 2nd round before the spinning shit started suggests that chael wasn't gonna have his way so much from then on. You could def argue that once the takedowns were stopped, chael panicked, which led to the spin, the fall, and the loss.

Load Metric

With all due respect sage elder, Chael Sonnen won the first round and was ok in the second until he tried to be Jon Jones and use a spinning elbow.
    The fact that Silva stuffed the takedowns in the 2nd round before the spinning shit started suggests that chael wasn't gonna have his way so much from then on. You could def argue that once the takedowns were stopped, chael panicked, which led to the spin, the fall, and the loss.
    That is possible, but to say that he made Chael look foolish like Grandpa Simpson said is ridiculous. The more I have watched the 2 Sonnen/Silva fights, I am now convinced that Jake Shields can beat Anderson. It will be boring as fuck, but I see Jake as being able to lay on top of Anderson for 5 rounds.

Banned
    Load Metric

With all due respect sage elder, Chael Sonnen won the first round and was ok in the second until he tried to be Jon Jones and use a spinning elbow. In both of their fights Sonnen was ahead until he made a single mistake. Anderson made Forrest Griffin look foolish, he made Chael look like a guy capable of winning even though he may not have won.
    You misunderstood why I said Anderson Silva made Chael Sonnen look foolish. If you read my entire post you will see that I said Sonnen looked foolish in defeat because of the trash talking he did before the fight.

He not only predicted victory, he relentlessly insulted Anderson Silva. Sonnen looked foolish when he couldn't back up months of insults and trash talking.

In another post you said my remark was 'ridiculous'. It wasn't. It was honest. It was truthful.

Load Metric

read through the thread, you stated that Sonnen would lose his next fight against anyone he faced next, I offered the bet against the field, no matter who he faced I would take Sonnen, without knowing the opponent. You dont have to take the bet, the point I was making was that you were just trolling with your comments, if you werent you'd like your side of the bet.

I said this

Who will be next for Sonnen at 185? A lot of interesting match ups for him as well. Him and Wanderlei have exchanged a lot of words over the past couple of years, while this isnt a competitive fight IMO it would sell a ton of PPV's. I dont think the Munoz v Sonnen fight makes a lot of sense anymore, If Munoz gets past Weidman (huge if) he will be next in line for the title shot. If Hector Lombard has to wait him vs Sonnen is a good matchup as well. Sonnen has also expressed some interest in fighting some of the guys at 205. I know he took some shots at Forrest Griffin in the past, Forrest is a guy who would make a lot of the top 185lbers look good. Sonnen vs the math teacher Franklin is another interesting matchup
    to which your reply was

Yes, SixToedPete and millions of other MMA fans who watched Chael Sonnen collect his 12th loss.

Chael made his $3-$5Million PPV dough. That's all he ever wanted anyway.

I could care less who he fights for his 13th loss.
    and that was when I offered the bet, you said he'd lose his next fight and I was willing to bet on Sonnen vs the field. It's simple really. There was no fantasy bet, I know you didnt agree to it, my only point is that you were trolling with your comments. If I offer a bet Im going to make good on that offer, Sonnens opponent was announced and I let you know who it was and my offer to bet still stands. You probably dont think he will collect his 13th loss as you said when you were trying to troll me so of course you wont take the bet, like you wouldnt before.

Load Metric

read through the thread, you stated that Sonnen would lose his next fight against anyone he faced next, I offered the bet against the field, no matter who he faced I would take Sonnen, without knowing the opponent. You dont have to take the bet, the point I was making was that you were just trolling with your comments, if you werent you'd like your side of the bet.

I said this

Who will be next for Sonnen at 185? A lot of interesting match ups for him as well. Him and Wanderlei have exchanged a lot of words over the past couple of years, while this isnt a competitive fight IMO it would sell a ton of PPV's. I dont think the Munoz v Sonnen fight makes a lot of sense anymore, If Munoz gets past Weidman (huge if) he will be next in line for the title shot. If Hector Lombard has to wait him vs Sonnen is a good matchup as well. Sonnen has also expressed some interest in fighting some of the guys at 205. I know he took some shots at Forrest Griffin in the past, Forrest is a guy who would make a lot of the top 185lbers look good. Sonnen vs the math teacher Franklin is another interesting matchup
    to which your reply was

Yes, SixToedPete and millions of other MMA fans who watched Chael Sonnen collect his 12th loss.

and that was when I offered the bet, you said he'd lose his next fight and I was willing to bet on Sonnen vs the field. It's simple really. There was no fantasy bet, I know you didnt agree to it, my only point is that you were trolling with your comments. If I offer a bet Im going to make good on that offer, Sonnens opponent was announced and I let you know who it was and my offer to bet still stands. You probably dont think he will collect his 13th loss as you said when you were trying to troll me so of course you wont take the bet, like you wouldnt before.
    Don't argue with him. He will never admit he is wrong no matter how obvious it is. Everyone aged 90 and under can follow your logic. Nobody takes him seriously and everyone knows he must be losing his grip on reality in his very old age.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I know you didnt agree to it
    OK, so my recollection was correct. You seem to agree with me.

So, wtf are you talking about?

Why did you send me a PM and why do continue trolling me over something I never even considered?

If I offer a bet Im going to make good on that offer,
    Again, you're making it seem like we had a bet. We never did.

BTW, Forrest Griffin has already defeated Chael Sonnen. It only took him about two minutes.

I think their next fight will be much more competitive.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    Don't argue with him.
    Anal Hershey Highway Boy chimes in with nothing germane to the thread topic.

What a surprise.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

I said this

to which your reply was

Don't argue with him. He will never admit he is wrong no matter how obvious it is. Everyone aged 90 and under can follow your logic. Nobody takes him seriously and everyone knows he must be losing his grip on reality in his very old age.

..can't remember the last time he posted in someones thread where he wasn't blatantly trying to attack someone with some bs faulty argument.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    ..can't remember the last time he posted in someones thread where he wasn't blatantly trying to attack someone with some bs faulty argument.
    Fan, stalker, troll...

...or all of the above?

Gut's post is not pertinent.

This thread is about grappling but not the type of grappling he enjoys.

Name:  star_wars_geek2.jpeg
Views: 76
Size:  22.2 KB

Load Metric
    Fan, stalker, troll...

...or all of the above?

hahahaha...i love old people using the internet. You've spent 3x as much time dissecting my avatar as I spent picking it. Oh and btw avatar means the picture underneath my name. Don't worry, there's no rootkit embedded there.

Load Metric
    Fan, stalker, troll...

...or all of the above?

and you also just did exactly what I said. good job, son....but we are laughing at you, not with you....

Banned
    Load Metric
    good job
    This thread is about the UFC.

I'm politely asking you to stop trolling me.

Load Metric
    good job
    This thread is about the UFC.

I'm politely asking you to stop trolling me.
    lol. Guess you better search google again for "gay stormtrooper" or whatever so you can have a clever, unique response to this post.

Thread Information