Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
Your mother was watching Shogun for Richard Chamberlain.

During the 1980’s mini series romp you also had The Thorn Birds with Richard Chamberlain. My parents had the book lying around and I read it. Fantastic. The book crushed the mini series.

Watching this Shogun on Hulu I several times thought this actor had the same Richard Chamberlain vibe. I loved it too.
She may have been. That’s the only actor I recalled. I remember The Thorn Birds, but I don’t recall her crushing on him or any of us watching it. I do remember her crushing on Kris Kristofferson during that Star is Born era and wearing me the fuck out on that soundtrack. Also that Streisand Barry Gibb album. I still know the words to that Woman in Love song when I come across it and I sure as hell know I didn’t want to know the words. We were all captive to everyone’s interests pre-tech. She probably knows words to Van Halen songs.
lol

I dug into Kris Kristofferson once. He was pretty damn surprising. Viet Nam. Helicopters. Rhodes Scholar like Bill Clinton (Ben Bradley Knicks). Me and Bobby McGee.

My kids were similarly imprinted with my music which I think is hilarious.