Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling to Israel in 2 weeks. Need advice and suggestions

Load Metric

Traveling to Israel in 2 weeks. Need advice and suggestions

Long story short I started a new job and I will be headed over to 3 cities in Israel for 17 days total for an orientation/training of their products (even though I have been a systems engineer/manager of that particular technology for the past 6 years.)

I am not Jewish and never thought that I would ever make a trip out there. I will be in Tel Aviv for the first 4 days. Then I will be 2 cities that I have never heard of. I will then be in Yokneam where their main hub is for 9 days. I will then finish up at Raanana where they have another office.

I will not be driving as the company will provide my transportation. I understand that from place to place it is about a 1 hour drive.

The question that I have is are those cities safe? Is their any danger of any conflicts! Is food and entertainment expensive? Is it safe to drink the water? What is there to do and see while I am there?

Also is it easier in customs if I use my U.S. or if I use my British passport?

Comments

4BET: Go there and stay forever

Load Metric
    From what I've read, Tel Aviv has some whore houses that put Amsterdam to shame.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    From what I've read, Tel Aviv has some whore houses that put Amsterdam to shame.
    Yeah I am not sure if I would be making a good first impression if I ask my driver to take me to said establishments.

Comments

4BET: Post less

Load Metric
    And check out the rest of my itinerary. Pretty fucking brutal but exciting.

August 28th-September 2nd- Las Vegas (personal and driving there not flying)
    September 3rd-6th London
    September 8-26th Israel
    September 27-30 Zurich Switzerland
    October 1-October 3rd Denmark
    October 4-6 Boston actually Chelmsford
    Finally back at home October 7.

Comments

4BET: Shut it down queer

Load Metric
    I always thought you had to give up your passport to get an american one.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I always thought you had to give up your passport to get an american one.
    I have the right to have both an American and British passport since my father is English.

Comments

4BET: post less

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Yeah I am not sure if I would be making a good first impression if I ask my driver to take me to said establishments.
    I'm sure the drivers over there have a wink wink nudge nudged understanding of people wanting such services. I've always thought that overall limo drivers have to be some of the tightest lipped people on the planet given what they see from their clients.

Load Metric

I'm sure the drivers over there have a wink wink nudge nudged understanding of people wanting such services. I've always thought that overall limo drivers have to be some of the tightest lipped people on the planet given what they see from their clients.
    It's not a limo driver. It's the boss of my boss's boss.

Comments

4BET: U know nothing

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

Do you work for ISCAR? I'd like to think it's Warren Buffet carting you around. Although my real guess is like Intel or Hewlitt-Packard cuz they ain't letting goyim around their JEWels or oil.

Comments

Bootsy Collins: You are very close with Intel

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Load Metric

Well, he'll for sure know the best places to go to.

Load Metric
    Long story short I started a new job and I will be headed over to 3 cities in Israel for 17 days total for an orientation/training of their products (even though I have been a systems engineer/manager of that particular technology for the past 6 years.)

I am not Jewish and never thought that I would ever make a trip out there. I will be in Tel Aviv for the first 4 days. Then I will be 2 cities that I have never heard of. I will then be in Yokneam where their main hub is for 9 days. I will then finish up at Raanana where they have another office.

I will not be driving as the company will provide my transportation. I understand that from place to place it is about a 1 hour drive.

The question that I have is are those cities safe? Is their any danger of any conflicts! Is food and entertainment expensive? Is it safe to drink the water? What is there to do and see while I am there?

I would likely only be worried about my time in Tel Aviv. Its still a prime target for Hezbollah terrorists so I would be as undistinguishable as I could be. Especially, since the only other people those nutjobs hate besides the Jews, would be a US or Brit and your fucked on both accounts there.

Load Metric

I was there briefly many years ago, but I remember it being remarkably safe. You just have to get used to the fact that people with rifles slung over their shoulder are going to be nearby all of the time.

I have to think that all westerners are treated pretty similarly. Use whichever passport is your primary residence. That will probably arouse less suspicion.

When I was there I knew that I was never going to be religious, because I didn't give a crap about the Jewish stuff and I was fascinated by the Roman ruins. I don't remember any of the specific places, but there are several remarkably intact Roman forts.

Load Metric
    I live in zurich. Let me know if u want tips or a pfa central europe meetup
    Martin Curacao 95.5 KWNR Radio Host "We see 192 000 miles for your car. How did you put on that many miles since 2005?"

2005 Chevy Impala owner "Drove it"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Probably knows how to get rid of dead hooker bodies too.

Banned
    Load Metric

September 3rd-6th London
    September 8-26th Israel
    You will be in Israel for Yom Kippur, September 13-14 so plan ahead to prevent the inconvenience this will cause.
    Also what's the cryptic message behind Sep 7?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by offthetop View Post
    I live in zurich.
    baller, obv.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Probably knows how to get rid of dead hooker bodies too.
    I was gonna say that the fuckin Dead Sea is right there, what better place for a body, but I guess the fact the body would probably float kills that idea.

Load Metric
    Well if Syria has been throwing serin at it's own people lately, i'd be thinking hazmat suit under the passenger seat, other than that maybe score some ambien because that flight schedule is going to wreak havoc on your body son.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain39 View Post

September 3rd-6th London
    September 8-26th Israel
    You will be in Israel for Yom Kippur, September 13-14 so plan ahead to prevent the inconvenience this will cause.
    Also what's the cryptic message behind Sep 7?
    I will still be in London on the 7th. Typo.

I am aware of Yom Kippur being on thise 2 days. I should have mentioned that I will be with a group of 3 people. One of them is originally from Turkey who I have worked with in the past and I consider him a good friend. There is a good possibility that we will fly out from Tel Aviv to Istanbul so that he can visit and I can meet members of his family. We probably will be flying out late Thursday and arriving back in Tel Aviv on Sunday.

Deal: His name is Burak and Turkey and Israel have good relations from what I understand. He has also been to Israel a few times as well.

Comments

Deal: I don't recommend traveling around Isreal with Abdullah, your Turkish colleague. Especially if he has a briefcase.

4BET: U are awful
    Last edited by Bootsy Collins; 08-24-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Thread Information