Page 159 of 420 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 8383

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Easy money, comrade.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Still plenty of meat on the bone for those who want to exploit what is essentially a global pump and dump operation but after reading Henry's thread, some things become overwhelmingly clear to me;

The original agenda that essentially created cryptocoins is over.

They are not anonymous.

Professional middlemen are essentially taxing their transit at multiple points between wallet and bank account.

It can take days to convert them to cash, and the ways to expedite that process involve rake that would make blood diamond brokers blush.

They are almost totally useless for any legal use.

The 'market' is fractured and colloquial.

Mining is basically dead; new altcoins are being raked like 40% off the top by developers as a way to profit off their invention, which is incredibly cynical considering the vast majority of new altcoins are literal skins of existing cryptocurrencies.

There are way too many miners as it is; difficulty has jumped something like 12% in the last week for ethereum, meaning every mining rig is producing 12% fewer eth.

I dont think its going to 'pop' any time soon but I do think a day is coming where the fuel driving this is going to simply run out, at which point I think the major mining orgs in China are going to sell off their gear and then there will be a 'slow burn' as people start to cash out their wallets slowly at first, then faster and faster as everyone tries to avoid being the guy who held onto his wallet too long and ended up the last guy in this game of musical chairs without a pile of cash to sit on.

Tl;dr when you start to see those mining rigs hit the market and the AMD quarterly reports begin to suck wind, fucking dump everything.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Still plenty of meat on the bone for those who want to exploit what is essentially a global pump and dump operation but after reading Henry's thread, some things become overwhelmingly clear to me;

The original agenda that essentially created cryptocoins is over.

They are not anonymous.

Professional middlemen are essentially taxing their transit at multiple points between wallet and bank account.

It can take days to convert them to cash, and the ways to expedite that process involve rake that would make blood diamond brokers blush.

They are almost totally useless for any legal use.

The 'market' is fractured and colloquial.

Mining is basically dead; new altcoins are being raked like 40% off the top by developers as a way to profit off their invention, which is incredibly cynical considering the vast majority of new altcoins are literal skins of existing cryptocurrencies.

There are way too many miners as it is; difficulty has jumped something like 12% in the last week for ethereum, meaning every mining rig is producing 12% fewer eth.

I dont think its going to 'pop' any time soon but I do think a day is coming where the fuel driving this is going to simply run out, at which point I think the major mining orgs in China are going to sell off their gear and then there will be a 'slow burn' as people start to cash out their wallets slowly at first, then faster and faster as everyone tries to avoid being the guy who held onto his wallet too long and ended up the last guy in this game of musical chairs without a pile of cash to sit on.

Tl;dr when you start to see those mining rigs hit the market and the AMD quarterly reports begin to suck wind, fucking dump everything.
    There is an easier to tell when bitcoins will go donkdown. When Grandma asks you to buy her some.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Massive amount of limit orders to sell at $3000/coin. Seems like the degenerate daytraders are playing bitcoin on the weekends because nothing else to trade.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Massive amount of limit orders to sell at $3000/coin. Seems like the degenerate daytraders are playing bitcoin on the weekends because nothing else to trade.

I'm officially sitting this out on the sidelines. Gonna wait and see. If eth can somehow not go down with the 3k sell order ship, I'll jump back on.

Load Metric
    tines 6100 dollars are in play here people

Load Metric
    I know someone right now who has over 1k bitcoins (3 millions dollars). spent 5 figures buying coins when they were 100-200. He plans to go long and not really even hedge by selling half. He is basically a real life version of Patrick Bateman so will be interesting to see what direction this goes.

Comments

sonatine: we all gotta get our rush somehow

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I know someone right now who has over 1k bitcoins (3 millions dollars). spent 5 figures buying coins when they were 100-200. He plans to go long and not really even hedge by selling half. He is basically a real life version of Patrick Bateman so will be interesting to see what direction this goes.
    tell him to google the marginal utility of a dollar...

Load Metric
    is that like the present value concept?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    is that like the present value concept?
    no it's every dollar you gain in wealth means less and less to you/your happiness...

lets assume this guy has zero net wealth outside of these coins and also let's say this guy sells half his stake for $1.5M right now and lets the rest ride and it goes to $10K/coin and he sells then and overall makes $6.5M for the transaction instead of $10.0M if he held all 1K coins until it hit $10K/coin...

what is the utility of those extra $3.5M relative to the utility of going from $0 net worth to $1.5M? that first $1.5M is much more important to you than gaining an extra $3.5M when you already have $6.5M in the bank...

hope that explanation makes sense...

EDIT: BINGO krypt...
    DOUBLE EDIT: plus you only have to get rich once in life and there are very few opportunities to do it off of one trade...

Comments

Krypt: law of diminishing returns

ToasterOven:
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 06-11-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Load Metric
    btc is $8.10 away from $3000 sell points...

Load Metric
    poor litecoin... all it wanted was to be loved...

also $1.10 cents to $3000 per btc and eth is already starting to shiver in terror..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    here is an excerpt from his blog so you have an idea about what I'm talking about... And how we could see some serious fireworks if biotin implodes. That being said He's pretty safe at this point even if it plummets but certainly would destroy his reality.

But yes the excerpt below is common thinking for the bitcoin early adapters. Smart guys but unable to exist in regular society.

Remember, my involvement with Bitcoin started when they were $125 a coin. I told everyone to adopt Bitcoin, and I'm sure no one did. Well guess what? My 2013 investment of $125,000 is now worth over $2 million USD - and everyone who has a problem with me can suck my cock. The last four houses I bought for $250,000 are now worth over half a million.

I will NEVER have to be involved in mainstream society ever again. I now get to sit on my couch, connected online with my mini-laptop/tablet and watch Unsolved Mysteries every day, as well as my favourite Alt-Right YouTubers. I am setting an allowance for myself of $200 a day for the rest of my life. $75 for myself for living expenses, and $125 daily for my children, their mother[s], and their futures. This latter figure will likely rise as I have more children. My $75 daily in expenses will not likely rise. I live a very simple life, and could live that life on minimum wage.

I will be buying a house within ten houses of my own for my son to live in when he turns 19, and I intend to pay his bills. I would like to see him get involved in a hobby that keeps him happy and healthy, both mentally and physically, but I have no interest in seeing him join the "real world". I am going to ensure he never has to work again, and gets to run a successful YouTube channel and/or manage a restaurant that I buy for him, part-time. I have transmitted to him all of my genetics - my body, from the shape of my head to the shape of my toes, my IQ - as far I can tell - and the autism correlated with my high IQ - autism, as it relates to not wishing to be involved in the normal parameters of Western living. Remember, autism is a spectrum and some autistic people are far more functional than others. Myself and my son simply want to live quiet lives by ourselves.
    He doesn't like going to school, and he will likely not like going to work. Let me tell you - when I put forth an effort in school, I was among the best. In work, I was among the best. In athletics, I was among the best.

I was always told "You have to go to school."

NO...no, you don't! At least, *I* did not. But I did it - at a hugely high level at that - and proved that to everyone that I had the potential. For example, I won 12% of all academic department awards in my grade level, despite being 1 student out of 300. I was a top three sprinter in elementary school, and a top five distance runner in high school. I was a top debater, and an excellent chess player.

It goes on but you get my drift.

Load Metric

here is an excerpt from his blog so you have an idea about what I'm talking about... And how we could see some serious fireworks if biotin implodes. That being said He's pretty safe at this point even if it plummets but certainly would destroy his reality.

But yes the excerpt below is common thinking for the bitcoin early adapters. Smart guys but unable to exist in regular society.

Remember, my involvement with Bitcoin started when they were $125 a coin. I told everyone to adopt Bitcoin, and I'm sure no one did. Well guess what? My 2013 investment of $125,000 is now worth over $2 million USD - and everyone who has a problem with me can suck my cock. The last four houses I bought for $250,000 are now worth over half a million.

I will NEVER have to be involved in mainstream society ever again. I now get to sit on my couch, connected online with my mini-laptop/tablet and watch Unsolved Mysteries every day, as well as my favourite Alt-Right YouTubers. I am setting an allowance for myself of $200 a day for the rest of my life. $75 for myself for living expenses, and $125 daily for my children, their mother[s], and their futures. This latter figure will likely rise as I have more children. My $75 daily in expenses will not likely rise. I live a very simple life, and could live that life on minimum wage.

I will be buying a house within ten houses of my own for my son to live in when he turns 19, and I intend to pay his bills. I would like to see him get involved in a hobby that keeps him happy and healthy, both mentally and physically, but I have no interest in seeing him join the "real world". I am going to ensure he never has to work again, and gets to run a successful YouTube channel and/or manage a restaurant that I buy for him, part-time. I have transmitted to him all of my genetics - my body, from the shape of my head to the shape of my toes, my IQ - as far I can tell - and the autism correlated with my high IQ - autism, as it relates to not wishing to be involved in the normal parameters of Western living. Remember, autism is a spectrum and some autistic people are far more functional than others. Myself and my son simply want to live quiet lives by ourselves.
    He doesn't like going to school, and he will likely not like going to work. Let me tell you - when I put forth an effort in school, I was among the best. In work, I was among the best. In athletics, I was among the best.

NO...no, you don't! At least, *I* did not. But I did it - at a hugely high level at that - and proved that to everyone that I had the potential. For example, I won 12% of all academic department awards in my grade level, despite being 1 student out of 300. I was a top three sprinter in elementary school, and a top five distance runner in high school. I was a top debater, and an excellent chess player.

This guys definitely shooting up the court house after the divorce proceedings.

Comments

BetCheckBet: he is single father which I think if protective factor in this case

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I mean I get it...you make a fucking helluva call like that you don't want to cashout early and have to convert your coins into money from "the man"...if it's not gonna change the way he is financially then great for him...hope they go to $10K for him...would just be sad as shit to see somebody have the ability to go from "zero" (relatively speaking) to hero in one trade...I mean there are wealthy people all over the place, but i'd be damn confident in saying that the vast majority of those people had to work for some period of time to hit that wealth instead of being able to hit it in one felt swoop...

Gold
    Load Metric

I admire this guy and I hope things go his way. If he was a rational person, he would have sold after he doubled or tripled his money. You gotta be crazy to continue to let it ride and I respect that.

Gold
    Load Metric

also $1.10 cents to $3000 per btc and eth is already starting to shiver in terror..
    Click on this: https://www.gdax.com/trade/BTC-USD
    And then click depth chart, you can see that mountain of sell orders at $3000. I think it will get through that wall very soon.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Click on this: https://www.gdax.com/trade/BTC-USD
    And then click depth chart, you can see that mountain of sell orders at $3000. I think it will get through that wall very soon.

$2,999.68 at coinbase right now. things are about to get sporty.

Load Metric
    $2,999.98

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Load Metric

This guy is GOD and needs to start posting here immed

Thread Information