Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: defcad.org rubes have some real serious problems on their hands

Load Metric

defcad.org rubes have some real serious problems on their hands

v&
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    April Fools?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    April Fools?

hah wowwwwww this didnt even occur to me.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    April Fools?

hah wowwwwww this didnt even occur to me.
    In your defense, it's the only decent/believable one I've seen today.

Load Metric
    Like, it was pointed out to me by someone legit pissed off (who also clearly fell for it) but I still ultimately have no excuse here.

How meta would it be if the gov did this on April 1 just to fuck with heads?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Real things do happen on April 1st, and some organizations don't realize or don't care that it's a day where people think it's funny to spread misinformation. Google announced Gmail on this day, for example. I wouldn't think the DOJ makes a habit of postponing its plans for it. I guess this could be legit.

I used to enjoy April Fools. Then the internet happened, and now it mostly just annoys me.

Load Metric
    youtube has been reading "nominees" for 2.5 hours now.

how much longer until the inevitable rick roll?

Load Metric
    I cant fucking stand April 1.

I dont like being unable to take anything at face value seriously for 24 hours.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

YouTube's shtick is that they're going to select the single best video on the website and delete everything else.

Internet April Fools jokes fall into two categories. They're either blatantly obvious like the YouTube thing, and therefore lame and unfunny. Or they're ambiguous like the defcad thing, which also makes it not funny.

The latter group could be funny in some cases because it's kind of like a prank. But pranks are best enjoyed in the observer role. Nobody is having fun being confused about shit for a day. Also, simply lying about stuff isn't a very good prank.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I'm not even going to bother looking at Facebook today and rolling my eyes at all the engagement statuses.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

YouTube's shtick is that they're going to select the single best video on the website and delete everything else.

Internet April Fools jokes fall into two categories. They're either blatantly obvious like the YouTube thing, and therefore lame and unfunny. Or they're ambiguous like the defcad thing, which also makes it not funny.

The latter group could be funny in some cases because it's kind of like a prank. But pranks are best enjoyed in the observer role. Nobody is having fun being confused about shit for a day. Also, simply lying about stuff isn't a very good prank.
    going to be going on 3 hours now. these two people are not being paid enough. i'm surprised neither has had to take a shit.

Load Metric
    in other news this is solid gold

http://maddox.xmission.com/

Load Metric
    Its just the worst. Because there is a direct financial incentive to generate page hits, the hotness now is to create a half way feasible story like "pod of dolphins in the east river" then half way down a half page article they start dropping shit like "escaped from a ukranian military facility" and suddenly you realize that the shit you were reading to distract yourself from the relentless mediocrity of reality isnt real, its a dumb joke, and they made you spend 3 minutes of your life to find out.

there has to be a way to strike back.

Load Metric
    also i am getting a thorough enjoyment out of 4chan's new board /s4s/

Load Metric
    Are some people just so "smart", they are plain stupid

Came across this interesting tidbit

"Distributed continued the appeal on its own website, however, accepting contributions through PayPal and the crypto-currency Bitcoin"

Maybe the Feds just like to clean the face of the earth of scum in the month of April!

Load Metric
    Sonatine, I apparently gave you way too much credit in the I.Q department. As I hang around longer, it is being fairly balanced out I promise.

So this guy,

"Depending on your view of gun rights, Cody Wilson is either a genius or an evil genius.

The Texas law student leads Defense Distributed and its Wiki Weapons Project, with the goal to “create the world’s first 100% 3D printable gun” and to make those plans “freely available.” ...

“Well to have a printable gun – it’s my intention to have that done by the end of this month and we’re at the end of March now so it’s my intention to have it done by April,” he said."

Publicly releases the fact it should all be complete by end of April. This is dated March 28. 2013. So what is that, just 4 days ago.

And than today's news, and you do not see the reason this may have happened within the final weeks of this project being completed?

It took 2 seconds of level headed research to realize, if this is a joke, that would be the most maniacal plan to get attention with. My gut tells me, this group would never want that much attention, let alone brought upon by themselves.

I am actually blown away to be honest.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Sonatine, I apparently gave you way too much credit in the I.Q department. As I hang around longer, it is being fairly balanced out I promise.

So this guy,

"Depending on your view of gun rights, Cody Wilson is either a genius or an evil genius.

The Texas law student leads Defense Distributed and its Wiki Weapons Project, with the goal to “create the world’s first 100% 3D printable gun” and to make those plans “freely available.” ...

“Well to have a printable gun – it’s my intention to have that done by the end of this month and we’re at the end of March now so it’s my intention to have it done by April,” he said."

Publicly releases the fact it should all be complete by end of April. This is dated March 28. 2013. So what is that, just 4 days ago.

And than today's news, and you do not see the reason this may have happened within the final weeks of this project being completed?

It took 2 seconds of level headed research to realize, if this is a joke, that would be the most maniacal plan to get attention with. My gut tells me, this group would never want that much attention, let alone brought upon by themselves.

STFU faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Load Metric

And than today's news
    Fucking dupe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

So this guy,

STFU faggot.

Maybe I should clear my position up for you all a little more. I never heard of this crap, your thread here got me interested. Seems like many people WANTED this to be an Aprils fool joke. I had to wonder why. Litterally took no time at all to look at some real facts, and come to a conclusion, this plan was doomed long ago.

Having been in the infantry, and used many heavy weapons, the idea of free schematics to weapons of war, I find appaling. They are no joke, at all. This whole idea needed to be shutdown form the sounds of it. Only takes 1 ko0-ko0 bird ith access to the wrong information that is "freely available" to ruin many innocent peoples lives.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post

STFU faggot.

Maybe I should clear my position up for you all a little more. I never heard of this crap, your thread here got me interested. Seems like many people WANTED this to be an Aprils fool joke. I had to wonder why. Litterally took no time at all to look at some real facts, and come to a conclusion, this plan was doomed long ago.

Having been in the infantry, and used many heavy weapons, the idea of free schematics to weapons of war, I find appaling. They are no joke, at all. This whole idea needed to be shutdown form the sounds of it. Only takes 1 ko0-ko0 bird ith access to the wrong information that is "freely available" to ruin many innocent peoples lives.
    STFU faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Thread Information