Quote Originally Posted by Online Veteran View Post
I am going to the Sphere when I go to the WSOP this year. I want to see Darren Aronofsky's "Postcard From Earth." I was wondering if any of you guys have seen it? I would love some advice on the best place to sit, should I walk or take a taxi from the Horseshoe (I don't do Uber), best time to see it on a Sunday (or Monday if I run deep in tourney), etc...

I have never been to anything like this before, and have heard it is absolutely amazing. This is a once a year trip to Las Vegas for me, so I want to make the most of it. Thank you in advance for any and all advice you guys have to offer.
I have not been inside the sphere before. I know the Postcard from Earth show has mixed reviews, though, so you should be aware of this.

Here's the general consensus...

The good:

- The visuals are amazing and extremely well done

- The first 15-20 minutes showcase earth's natural beauty and human culture, to where some reviewers described their feeling as "on the verge of tears"

The bad:

- The final 30-35 minutes of the show descend into an obnoxious, in-your-face, depressing left-wing message which casts humans as a parasite on the planet

- The show is incredibly expensive for the 50-minute runtime. The remainder of the time you spend in the "atrium", and not watching the show itself

- Some have complained that the hour you spend in that atrium is boring, and you're basically just watching unspectacular animatronic robots speak to you

BOTTOM LINE: This could have been a great, albeit pricey experience, where you find yourself immersed within a 360-degree world of beautiful sights and sounds. Instead, for whatever reason, the majority is a depressing political message about environmentalism -- one which even those who care about the environment will find grating.

It's really too bad, because even the 1-star reviews concede that the first 15-20 minutes are absolutely beautiful and well produced.