Thread: Worried about Dan Todd W

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric
    I was in Fort Meyer recently and my wife insisted on getting an açaí bowl for breakfast. I knew she would send us on a 25 mile journey to nowhere in pursuit of this nonsense. Because I want to keep my stuff I just say, “yes dear”.

We end up at some health food kinda joint with the requisite dread locked and tattooed counter person. The bowl and fresh roasted coffee was the nuts.

So I’m sweating my ass off at an outside table cause I’m pussy whipped as I previously admitted. I notice a continual stream of muscle heads getting food from this joint and it’s obvious the counter girl knows them all and what they usually order.

I have experience with food in gyms - failures (grab and go) and successes. I asked the girl if it was her shop and where the lifters are coming from.

I wander over to the gym, introduce myself and start quizzing the check in person about the business. The gym has the most elite equipment I’ve ever seen. She calls the owner over.

I mention the açaí bowl place and the recurring revenue and he smiles. He gives me a tour. He explains he and his investors own the entire mall - the gym, the açaí place and other businesses located in the existing retail footprint. Açaí place (Living Vine Ft Meyers) is his tenant. lol.

The whole complex was gonna be redeveloped with a health theme centered around the gym. High rise condos would anchor the development. Shopping, medical practice, PHYSICAL THERAPY, outdoor activities and the whole shebang. He proudly shows the blueprints and slick brochures

Harvesting the olds health dollars. It’s the hot trend.

Comments

Sheesfaced:

country978: trip report always +1

tigerpiper: How big was the pizza tho?

Dan Druff: nice story but it lacks pizza

Orko: So you're a "people person" irl. I swear sometimes that's worth more than the finest degree.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-26-2024 at 10:45 AM.

Thread Information