Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LAPD swears in police officers who are DACA recipients and entered US illegally

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post
    So you're all fine with our regular cops being thrown onto the beat after a 3 week crash course at a community college, but NOW you're worried?
    WTF are you babbling about dude. These agencies either have their own police academies or have a joint operation with several agencies in their area to train and yeah I believe its like 6m long. I dont know of any place that has some 3 week community college program unless its some podunk area where the CC is their only option and even then I would think the state police oversight group would have minimum mandates for cops of something beyond some 120hr crash course.

Do you think 6 months is long enough to learn how to be an effective officer of the peace?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    WTF are you babbling about dude. These agencies either have their own police academies or have a joint operation with several agencies in their area to train and yeah I believe its like 6m long. I dont know of any place that has some 3 week community college program unless its some podunk area where the CC is their only option and even then I would think the state police oversight group would have minimum mandates for cops of something beyond some 120hr crash course.

Do you think 6 months is long enough to learn how to be an effective officer of the peace?
    DO you realize they dont go out on their own for quite awhile after they graduate. They have to be assigned an FTO who supervises them one and one and trains them and helps them avoid doing dumb shit that might get them killed, fired, the city/county sued etc.

I mean only desertrunner would probably know the answer to this but I do believe FFs have a long academy and then have a whole year as a probie themselves. Same with emts and such they dont just turn people loose on the street right out of school. Simply because training covers the basics of how to do the job you still need on the job to learn the nuances of the job and that sometimes the book and real world dont match up.

Lets not equate amount of schooling to ability to do a job. We got a lot of dumb shits coming out of colleges with 4 yr degrees that cant do shit but serve coffee at Starbucks did they really need that degree to do that? Nope. Overeducated and zero common sense.

Cubic Zirconia
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Nobody wants to be a police officer, its an awful job

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LBarry678 View Post
    Nobody wants to be a police officer, its an awful job
    Agree; being a grunt cop writing traffic tickets and dealing with petty crime is honestly less appealing to me than being jsearles at a shopping mall preventing the theft of sweaters at Macy's.

Handful of psychopaths in your profession commit murders and your mickey mouse badge now carries considerably more risk.

Stay in school kids.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

In California, its a continuous education process on a monthly basis. California POST trained officers must complete education packets of relative material every 1-3 months. Again, POST is Peace Officer Standards Training.

Thread Information