https://twitter.com/RealKidPoker/status/1656724305756164097

This is correct. He's basically talking about making the whole thing play bigger, and thus shallower, thus killing the edge some opponents will have on you when it comes to deep stack play.

I had the reverse of this occurring at my first table at the 2019 WSOP Main Event.

I sat down to a bizarre table full of old people. I was the youngest at the table, at age 47, by several years! Even stranger, every single person at the table was opening 5-6x BB preflop, which I haven't seen in ages. Most people open around 2-2.5x preflop these days, even in 2019.

This made it maddening to play, as the deep first few levels of the WSOP (where you have a big edge on amateurs) became not-so-deep, due to every pot playing bigger. I remember one particular hand where someone opened late, the SB 3-bet, and I looked down to see QQ in the BB! Oh no!

In any other spot, this would be a 4-bet, but here I knew I had to play cautiously, because the original raise was large and so was the 3-bet, so the pot was already getting uncomfortably big.

I flatted, and the flop came like 994. SB bet, I called, other guy folded.

Turn was a blank. SB bet pretty large, and I was so annoyed because this pot became way too big for my liking (through no fault of my own), and I only had a QQ overpair. I thought to myself, "What if this guy has TT or JJ? What if he missed with AK and is just firing?"

After thinking, I folded. He flashed me AA.

Took some adjustment, but I got my chips back at that table, finished ahead for Day 1, and ran deep in that one.