Who has gotten into this Wordle fad?

It's actually kinda fun and doesn't take long.

If you haven't heard of it, Wordle is a game where you guess a 5-letter word by first just outright guessing at one, and then they give you hints based upon the letters you entered. If the letter turns green, it's in the right position. If the letter turns yellow, it's in the word but in a different spot. If the letter turns gray, it's not in the word.

You are supposed to enter real 5-letter words each time, not just hammer out 5-letter combos like RSTLNE.

There is only one Wordle per day, and it's the same for everyone.

Here's where you play: https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

I've been playing it and doing fairly well. Here are some tips from what I can tell:

- Start out with a word with two vowels (but not E), and three consonants out of R. T, L, and N. I have found TRAIN is the best starting word. TRAIL is another one which is also good.

- On the second guess, if you still don't have a vowel, or it looks like a second vowel is there, pick a word with an E. Also see if you can get an S in there.

- See if you can guess missing letters by the one preceding it. For example, if you have a green M in the 4th spot, and all the vowels are used, then there are only a few letters which can follow M (for example, it's not going to end with MD, MQ, MC, MR, etc).

- Avoid duplicating letters in your guesses.

- With that said, the hardest ones have a double letter or a second letter, so if you're stumped, you might want to try that if it makes sense.

You get 6 tries. The best I've done is 2 (a few times), and I've taken 6 tries twice. Usually I get it in 3-4.

It gives you the word of the day based upon your time zone. You can manipulate this to see it early or late. Tonga is 21 hours ahead of Los Angeles, and American Samoa is 3 hours behind. This can actually allow you at one point to play 3 Wordles within a few minutes, by being in American Samoa shortly before 3am PST, then in your home time zone after 3am PST, and then in Tonga right after that.

Please do NOT post the answer for the current day, or even the previous day until it's 3am PST or later.