Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
Quote Originally Posted by frontlinewinner View Post

I will be in Vegas later this month and was considering trying Diamond in a Day on VP and would likely go with PH DSTP JOB 9/5. But see on VPFree Caesar's has a 3 play spin poker $1 JOB at 9/5 as well that appears to be $10 coin in per tier credit. Does anyone have any thoughts on playing this machine for DIAD? I would think it would be comparable to 3 play in the DSTP at PH. Since I'm staying at Caesar's it will be a little more convenient to log some hours on that machine. Appreciate any thoughts thanks.
Yes, there is a 3-play Super Times Pay Spin Poker at Caesars, which is 9-5 and supposedly gives one tier per $10.

The return on that machine is 98.72%, versus 98.95% on the PH machine which is Double Super Times Pay.

I will say that the variance in Super Times Pay is less, because you're only putting in a sixth credit instead of a sixth AND seventh credit. So that is one nice feature of the machine versus the higher-return PH one.

Keep in mind, though, that the variance will still be high.

One problem with Diamond in a Day is that you're not very likely to hit a royal. If you fail to hit one, you need to knock about 2% off your expected return, which means you will lose over $1600 on average in such a situation. Then if you run below expectation with the whole Super Times Pay multiplier, or if you just don't hit your proper share of other payouts, you can easily lose over $2500.

So keep that in mind.
Just checked VPFREE2 again. It turns out the Super Times Pay is only 1-play, though it does have a $2/credit option.

I would suggest just avoiding this machine and running the credits at Planet Hollywood, which is both faster and has a better overall return.