Quote Originally Posted by csrev View Post
Thank you for all this VERY helpful info here. New to the site, after researching Diad.

Planning on attempting this for the first time on our next trip to Vegas in a few weeks, using the info here. W/2 comped 5 night stays this year, I figure we'll save close to $400 in resort fees to offset my loss on this, plus the dinner this year and (hopefully still) next year--and any trips we'll make next year. So it's the variance that will have me most worried.

My question: I've given little play to CET on previous trips, so the $50k w/Diad will be a huge jump. Would it be worth contacting a host when finished playing, to see if they'd comp dinner that night for my wife and I--or are they tight w/comps, since Diamond already includes the $100 dinner? If it makes a difference in the answer, I'll be staying at an MGM property during this play, then moving over to Paris which would be a different CET property than where I'm playing.

Thanks for any input! I've never had a problem asking for comps at South Point and Palms, but this would be a first at a CET property.
John
This is a common question, but the short answer is no, you probably won't get a comp.

First off, they require that you use up all your RCs prior to issuing you any host comps (known as RFB, which stands for Room, Food, Beverage comps).

Second, they will only offer you RFB comps based upon your recent and semi-recent play -- and often the answer will be no, if you haven't played much on previous trips. In fact, you may be "overcomped" in the system, entitling you to nothing.

The $100 Diamond dinner is separate. That is a benefit by itself, and they will never use that as a reason to deny you. You can use that when you want, up through January 31, 2019.

Also, your offers will NOT change once you make Diamond. The offer system (free rooms, free meals, freeplay) are INDEPENDENT of tier status. Sometimes recent-playing Gold members will get better offers than overcomped Seven Stars!

Does your wife have a card yet? If not, your best play is to have her get a card, run a lot in video poker in one trip, and then don't ever swipe it again. Wait a few months and she will get some nice offers. But only do this if she doesn't have a card yet (or if she hasn't used it in 18+ months).

Simply playing more after no-playing them for awhile will not trigger good offers.