Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official MLB Playoffs 2016 Thread ***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That really was a great game. I was a bit pessimistic going in. I was afraid Scherzer would shut the Dodgers down, while the Nats would score on the various few-inning pitchers the Dodgers would throw up against them.

For 6 innings, I was correct.

Then there was that 66-minute 7th inning (!!) and all hell broke loose.

Justin Turner really is a postseason monster. Sample size still small, but he owned the Mets hard last year, and this year he killed the Nats. Every at-bat looked good (aside from that weird bunt on Tuesday). How about that 13-pitch AB where he fouled it off 8 times, and finally walked? Scherzer threw everything but the kitchen sink at him, and Turner just kept ripping fouls. You could see the exasperation of Scherzer's face. It was saying, "WTF... there is no way to get anything in the strike zone by this guy."

And that's when Scherzer was totally on his game.

He's just a really tough out, and he's also got power. He's the Dodgers' version of Daniel Murphy -- at least in the postseason.

Great series. Only complaint was the length of each game, and the painfully slow pace. But the last two were exciting nonetheless.

Bryce Harper choked for the most part. Came up so many times when he could have made an impact, but seemed to either make an out or walk.

Murphy was once again a killer, even though he blew his final AB.

With just 7 pitchers, Kershaw has somewhat negated the perception that everything goes wrong for him in the postseason.

Kenley Jansen coming in with 51 pitches (!!) was huge.

Kershaw coming in on relief after just 1 day of rest and after he threw 110 pitches or so on 3 days rest is just insane. And he saved it.

Joe Blanton is killing it. Every time he was brought in, it seemed that the opposing batters suddenly were facing an 0-2 count. When I was at Game 4, you could immediately see the notable difference between Blanton and the other middle relievers. He just had it. He was confident. He located pitches perfectly. Talk about a career turnaround, as he was out of baseball after a horrendous 2013 where he went like 2-14 with a 6.04 ERA.

Dodgers had a few slumping hitters in this series. Corey Seager started off well, but has been an automatic out for the past few games. AGon has been crappy, aside from that 2-run HR in Game 4. Grandal has been an automatic out. Utley has hit poorly, aside from that key single at the end of Game 4. Justin Turner can't carry the whole team. This might be a problem against the Cubs.

Middle relievers other than Blanton and Jansen have also struggled. I will forgive the 4 runs Jansen gave up in Game 3, as he shouldn't have been pitching in the first place.

Every Dodgers starter (including Kershaw) has struggled in each of the 5 games. Maybe tonight's game will be the emotional boost Kershaw needs to dominate again.

But if Hill and Maeda continue to struggle, I can't see the Dodgers beating the Cubs.

Urias looked fairly good tonight, though he was rescued by some good defense. Overall, he looked great for a 20-year-old under the heavy spotlight.

Dodgers have burnt out their most important pitching assets -- Kershaw and Jansen -- in order to get here. Game 1 is already on Saturday. Cubs will be fully rested.

But hey, it's playoff baseball, and anything can happen.

I know that MLB definitely hopes the Cubs win, given both their 2016 dominance and their 108-year drought, which makes the Dodgers' own 28-year drought look like yesterday.

Will be an interesting series.

Load Metric
    I am going to see if the Dodgers steal first game before considering betting Cubs for the series. Intuition tells you the Cubs series number has too much public money. -217

I have early line Cubs Lester -160 v Dodgers Maeda +150. No total avail to me

However, Kluber at home is a big favorite too. Leaning this way. Jays Liriano out with concussion protocol Friday. Messy bullpen. Still wondering about Donaldson and hip.

Kluber and his quad. You just wonder but he seems good enough. Tito is in the zone. He will figure it out.

Hate the 1/2 point on the total 7.5. I would like a small hedge against a bad Kluber outing with an over but not at this price

So looking at Cleveland moneyline -139. Haven't done it yet but that price won't get better

Maybe this is a live betting game only.

Edit:
    Just decided to take a little Cubs. Maeda and Dodgers bullpen right now after long Blanton outing and the Dodgers bats.

10/14/2016 12:46:08 PM
    Description:
    Mobile - Baseball - MLB - 904 Chicago Cubs -160 for Game
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-14-2016 at 08:46 AM.

Load Metric
    Ok so game tickets are less than 1/2 the cost in LA compared to Chicago, so I think I may fly to LA next week for the games. Ill end up spending a bit more overall, but get a trip to LA out of it. My wife is giving me a lot of crap for this so two quick ?s, is seeing a game at Dodger stadium very special, I assume? and 2. I assume I don't have to worry about Philly like fan violence directed towards me?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    Ok so game tickets are less than 1/2 the cost in LA compared to Chicago, so I think I may fly to LA next week for the games. Ill end up spending a bit more overall, but get a trip to LA out of it. My wife is giving me a lot of crap for this so two quick ?s, is seeing a game at Dodger stadium very special, I assume? and 2. I assume I don't have to worry about Philly like fan violence directed towards me?
    You think there is no violence at LA games? I think you had better google Bryan Stow.

Actually, provided you sit in some decent seats (i.e. away from the gangbangers), you won't be hassled much while in the stadium. DEFINITELY take off your team's gear and hide it in a bag before going to the parking lot, though. Some people just get straight up assaulted from behind for wearing the other team's gear.

Before the game isn't as much of a big deal, because no one is drunk yet.

I wouldn't jump the gun with buying tickets for the NLCS. While there is likely more demand this year than other years (due to the opponent being the Cubs, and LOTS of Cubs fans living in LA), the prices should still go down between now and game time. You can plan your trip and book your flight, and then just buy tickets off StubHub the day before.

That's what I would suggest.

Keep in mind this is unprecedented territory being that it's a Cubs series, but also keep in mind that I got EXCELLENT NLCS seats against the Cardinals in 2013 for about $150 each. Equivalent seats to this same game were over $300 just a day before that.

Keep refreshing Stubhub when game time gets closer. There is zero point zero chance that it will fully sell out on there.

Regarding where to sit, do NOT get seats in any of the following areas (these all suck):

LF Pavilion
    RF Pavilion
    Top Deck
    Any Reserve level ticket not labeled "VIP"
    Any Reserve level ticket with an aisle # higher than 32
    Any Loge level ticket with an aisle # higher than 156
    Any Field level ticket with an aisle # higher than 45
    Loge level row P or behind
    Field level row S or behind

Also keep in mind that the obnoxious foul fence is in front of aisles 1-14 (and parts of 15 and 16), if you're splurging for field seats.

My favorite seats (and honestly best value) are field aisles 15-24, rows A-H. Those are padded, as well.

Dodger Stadium is a classic-style stadium built in the mid-1960s. It is not super old school like Wrigley or Fenway, but it has a lot more charm than the newer stadiums. I personally really like the place.

Buy parking on dodgers.com beforehand to save some money.

Anyway, the most important advice I can give is to wait on Stubhub until 24 hours before game time.

Prices will especially fall if the Dodgers are behind in the series, ESPECIALLY facing elimination.

You will likely get the worst deal for Game 3, and the best deal on Game 5 (provided no one gets swept, of course).

Comments

Charham: thank you thank you! great info.

Load Metric
    Druff,

When the Dodger's front office acquired World Series champion Carlos Ruiz to, in their words, "bring veteran leadership and hit left handed pitching" (which he did with a pinch-hit game 5 NLDS winner), you called the trade a "fail", said the at-bats Ruiz would recieve were "meaningless" and speculated the deal was made for "no apparent reason" other than to "make Clayton Kershaw angry".

Just sayin'.

Comments

Krypt: Get him

Sheesfaced: LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    cubs so good their pitchers are hitting bombs out of the yard
    Hey Small Dick,

If the next round is Dodgers vs Cubs, are you interested in a series wager?
    well???? let's bet

Gold
    Load Metric

Hey Small Dick,

If the next round is Dodgers vs Cubs, are you interested in a series wager?
    well???? let's bet
    OK. How much and what line? JEW gotta be escrow.

Load Metric
    -200 seems reasonable

as much as you want to bet

Gold
    Load Metric
    -200 seems reasonable

Your $10000 to my $5000. How can we get it to Druff without it being a headache?

Load Metric
    -200 seems reasonable

Your $10000 to my $5000. How can we get it to Druff without it being a headache?
    I can deposit cash in his bank acct tomorrow. You could do the same.

Load Metric
    But I want you to put the cash in his acct 1st. once he confirms I will deposit the 10k in his acct.
    Nothing personal but I don't know you or trust you and Im not gonna go through the hassle and then you don't do the deposit.
    I will call druff from the bank. Once confirmed you made deposit I will make the deposit. Provided druff is cool with it.

Load Metric
    Druff can you escrow?? I will send him a pm

Load Metric
    I sent him a pm.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I sent him a pm.
    I can get +199 on BOOKMAKER right now. It was just +185 an hour ago. Gonna have to readjust the line if it moves tomorrow.

Load Metric
    ummm no.You already agreed to -200. that is more than reasonable.

Load Metric
    use the online chat and message me. I sent u a message

Gold
    Load Metric
    ummm no.You already agreed to -200. that is more than reasonable.
    Not really. I can get the same at bookmaker with 0 risk. Druff has Type 2 diabetes and might go into a diabetic coma or you might not post. For all I know, you are some broke bitch.

Load Metric
    an even bigger pussy than tellafriend

Gold
    Load Metric
    an even bigger pussy than tellafriend
    Thank you. Just took a horrible line at 5dimes just to spite you:
    10/14/16 11:07pm $1,000.00 $1,750.00 Pending 10/15/16 8:05pm MLB Baseball 1803 Los Angeles Dodgers (Series) +175* vs Chicago Cubs (Series) (Fixed Price)

Gonna do 5k more on bookmaker.

Load Metric
    how does that spite me? dummy

Thread Information