Page 137 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 3188

Thread: PROJEKT:SEP **SCAM** (Rolled: A Jasep Saga)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Maybe someone can try an experiment of calling them and saying this was a scam where a guy ran a fake charity event and asked people to send him money on Paypal as a "gift" to donate.

They have it on file that he's a big scammer, so they'll believe it. I wonder if there is a protocol for dealing with things like that.
    I can confirm that gifts can be brought into claim if you prove that it was a scam. The sum of 300 was actually a gift. Jasep did me a huge favor by saying that I was owed x amount. Also I sent them his emails promising to pay back. I'm not sure about the 45 day limit they set, but if it was a gift and sent within 45 days, you can def open a claim. I helped rollo do it.

Sorry about the format my phone has the super aids when It comes to posting on this site. Fucking S3
    It seems like all someone would have to do is say they were scammed and that others who were by Sep for the same reason were able to receive a refund so can you check into that?

Since they already approved your refund that shouldn't affect you but if they see you got one for a transaction done around the same time then others should be able to mention that for them to follow up on and get a refund.

This wouldn't help those who rolled money over into his BAP though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

When I go to reverse my transaction it definitely says I can't due to it being a gift.
    Maybe someone can try an experiment of calling them and saying this was a scam where a guy ran a fake charity event and asked people to send him money on Paypal as a "gift" to donate.

They have it on file that he's a big scammer, so they'll believe it. I wonder if there is a protocol for dealing with things like that.
    I just did that, Paypal initially declined my dispute, handycapme suggested I call Paypal and explain what happened, so I called and they allowed the claim as a "one time courtesy" and I just got this email:
    "Your Dispute Has Been Escalated To A Claim Case# xxxxxxxxx"

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post

I just did that, Paypal initially declined my dispute, handycapme suggested I call Paypal and explain what happened, so I called and they allowed the claim as a "one time courtesy" and I just got this email:
    "Your Dispute Has Been Escalated To A Claim Case# xxxxxxxxx"
    Right on, I'll give it a go and report back with the results.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Here is a copy of my audit report. This has already been provided to Brandon and JoeU to assist with their investigations.

The conclusion of the report is that we can trace exact funds using information from users and the poker room audit to confirm an absolute minimum we know has been stolen by Jasep from 22Q from funds deposited through the poker room.
    Good job with the audit.

Jasep claimed he owed the charity $2550. He would not explain exactly how he came to that number.

Victor Ramdin gave $500. Adding that to $1967 (plus maybe a few of the unknown factors) puts it in that neighborhood. Not sure about the side bets, obv.

I wonder why he claimed $6600 total, when it sounds like it was supposed to be $4600? Maybe because he wanted it to sound more successful, especially knowing he wasn't going to pay the charity what he owed anyway.

Of course, there was some money sent directly to Jasep for 22Q, such as the $125 Pooh sent me to forward to Jasep.

I bet he owes more than $2550, but maybe not as much as $4600. Weird.
    I'm not sure Ramdin was $500.

I posted my Skype log from me and sep and $270 was what came in from Ramdin in mid September. Sirbobbyorr is tight with Ramdin and off hand Orr thought it was $300 total.

If it was more then this was the last shipment and if there was anything prior it got to sep prior to that $270. Problem on my end is 50% of my Skype logs are toast because I destroyed a laptop around Christmas after a brutal session.

Orr if your reading ask Ramdin if he can check his history or ask stars for the history and see how much he sent my buddy. If I can get in touch with my buddy ill see if he can get the transfer history as well. I only have that one transaction from me to sep recorded for 270. Ill recheck my transfer history from pp to see if there is more but I'm almost positive that's it.

Load Metric
    When I go to reverse my transaction it definitely says I can't due to it being a gift.
    Same here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    Same here.
    Call them that's the only way to get a gift working as a claim and you must say you have proof it was a scam.

Load Metric

I emailed paypal when this all broke & told them about the scams & that they would most definitely be getting many charge backs on his account. I never heard back from them.

I also looked into reversing a "gift" transaction & found out you cannot. If anyone knows a way please PM me & post it in the thread.

Ninja edit: I see that Rollo got advice from handicapme how to do this & I will try the same thing.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Also as a note, you can definitely fight the 45 day thing... if memory serves me right you can push for an extra 15 days. Again only way to convince them is to call, say you proof etc. It may be funny when they get like 10 more calls tomorrow, record it people! Also, be aware that they know he scammed many people. So it's going to be how much good will are they willing to offer knowing they won't be paid back. So far they've handed out atleast 500 and there are atleast 2-5 open/closed recent claims against him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I emailed paypal when this all broke & told them about the scams & that they would most definitely be getting many charge backs on his account. I never heard back from them.

I also looked into reversing a "gift" transaction & found out you cannot. If anyone knows a way please PM me & post it in the thread.

Ninja edit: I see that Rollo got advice from handicapme how to do this & I will try the same thing.
    GLGLGL

Paypal initially denied my dispute so I thought I screwed up and sent is as a gift but I just read the transaction details and it says:

"This transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *TRUPQQ".
    This transaction is subject to a buyer Complaint, Chargeback or an Unauthorized Claim. Go to the Resolution Center to resolve this issue."

now i don't understand why they denied opening a dispute online, it's a little confusing because transaction history doesn't say how it was sent, also i'm within the 45 days

Load Metric

GLGLGL

Paypal initially denied my dispute so I thought I screwed up and sent is as a gift but I just read the transaction details and it says:

This transaction is subject to a buyer Complaint, Chargeback or an Unauthorized Claim. Go to the Resolution Center to resolve this issue."

now i don't understand why they denied opening a dispute online, it's a little confusing because transaction history doesn't say how it was sent, also i'm within the 45 days
    Rollo the reason why is because gifts are meant to be for actual gifts. They don't charge a fee and do it as a favor. Since they dont get a fee, it's basically like the user saying "I will not dispute this". However, in cases of scams that can be proved, they offer goodwill towards the buyer. Notice how they make it a claim, had jasep responded with just saying it was a real gift, id be fucked. However, he offered proof that I (we) were owed a refund, and because of this they will look into it. Even give him a chance to counter(10 days). Just call, hound them, tell them you have proof (If you pm, while I'm against this because I don't want my identity out there because of people like yeb and limitless, I will give you my email and full name.) You can use my 2 cases as an example.

Load Metric
    GLGLGL

Just got off the phone with security & then disputes & it sounds like they are taking it very seriously & I'll know within 10 days if they allow the dispute & credit me back.

Thanks to handicapme & Rollo for the advice on getting it resolved.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Charging back is the only chance any of you have to get your money BACK. One of the best things is Paypal can harass the fuck out of Sep forwarding this to debt collectors who won't ever leave him alone which at worst case scenario he has that coming if he don't get the jail time he truly deserves.

Load Metric
    GLGLGL

"This transaction will appear on your bill as "P
    AYPAL *TRUPQQ".

Just got off the phone with security & then disputes & it sounds like they are taking it very seriously & I'll know within 10 days if they allow the dispute & credit me back.

Yea buddy! Hound the shit out of them (be respectful try not to pull a bad guy). Make them open a claim (sounds like they already did). Everyone should try this asap, I have a feeling that they will eventually cut people off, however to them goodwill is worth more than X amount at the moment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Charging back is the only chance any of you have to get your money BACK. One of the best things is Paypal can harass the fuck out of Sep forwarding this to debt collectors who won't ever leave him alone which at worst case scenario he has that coming if he don't get the jail time he truly deserves.
    Wrong, if you charge back your paypal account will be locked and put in the neg. I doubt 100-300 is worth that...

Load Metric

GLGLGL

Rollo the reason why is because gifts are meant to be for actual gifts. They don't charge a fee and do it as a favor. Since they dont get a fee, it's basically like the user saying "I will not dispute this". However, in cases of scams that can be proved, they offer goodwill towards the buyer. Notice how they make it a claim, had jasep responded with just saying it was a real gift, id be fucked. However, he offered proof that I (we) were owed a refund, and because of this they will look into it. Even give him a chance to counter(10 days). Just call, hound them, tell them you have proof (If you pm, while I'm against this because I don't want my identity out there because of people like yeb and limitless, I will give you my email and full name.) You can use my 2 cases as an example.
    I got an email that they insta escalated it into a claim, with a claim#, do they still give jaun estola a chance to counter, I told them i have an email from Jasep admitting he owed me the money and I offered to send them a copy

GLGLGL

you should Paypal seems very responsive to scams, therep on my call sounded like they know about TRUPQQ the scammer

Load Metric
    Rollo they still will give him 10 days. On the 11th they will rule in your favor if he doesn't respond or if his response is bullshit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Wrong, if you charge back your paypal account will be locked and put in the neg. I doubt 100-300 is worth that...
    Your right, charge back was the wrong choice of words. I should of said dispute the charge as your paypal account is worth way more then a few hundred bucks which you would have to pay them to get it back activated in the future if they let you.

Load Metric
    Name:  bo-dietl.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  35.2 KB

We need Bo

Load Metric
    GLGLGL

Hockeyguy - I went through the same process, however they said > 45 days so you can't dispute. My transaction was dec 18th but it didn't clear until Dec 28th.

Handicapme - I PM'd you, let me know if you're willing to chat on the phone about this.

Jasep - you still owe me 1000.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Hockeyguy - I went through the same process, however they said > 45 days so you can't dispute. My transaction was dec 18th but it didn't clear until Dec 28th.

Handicapme - I PM'd you, let me know if you're willing to chat on the phone about this.

Jasep - you still owe me 1000.
    Did you call them about this, or do it through e-mail?

Did you explain that this was a scam, and that other Paypal members were also victims?

Thread Information