Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AIDS odds: Hetero only. Myth

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    The chances of a male contracting HIV from a female who is on medication to control her virus is slim thanks to advancements in medications. This isnt the case for females who can contract HIV from males at a high rate.

My best friend from high school and current roomate who is female was intentionally infected with HIV in 1991. At the time she figured it was a death sentence for her but has been able to fight and survive for 20 yrs. Other than needing to make sure she keeps to her medications and taking care of herself when she gets the flu she has lived a pretty good life with only 1 or 2 scares.

The advancements in treating/controlling HIV have gotten so good that the one thing that she always wanted but thought she would never have was to be a mother. We met with her HIV doctor and were told that because of her treatment that there was no worse of a chance of a baby or myself to contract the virus then it would be for any other birth defect

We had a beautiful healthy baby girl 2yrs ago together with no ill effects. Other than having a c-section to protect the baby and administering liquid azt for her four times a day for six weeks there have been no medical issues with her. The year before she was born there were 21other babies in las vegas born to mothers with Hiv and not a single one contracted hiv

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The PHA View Post
    Six Toed said it perfectly.

The only reason I wear rubbers is due to herpes. Not AIDS.

I have picked up my share of bar flys. I love eating pussy. Trust me on this, I am examining every inch CLOSELY before I go down. The last thing I need in my life is a face full of mouth herpes.
    Love to eat it also...

My only bad experience was the crabs...

You talk about the itch...

Almost scratched my n*ts off...

Reminds of the time I saw a doctor on an unrelated sexual problem...He had this couple (man and woman) in the room next to me...He was outright swearing at them that if they didn't stop screwing for several weeks and passing it back and forth to each other that he was through with them...

Man that must have been some fierce hot f*cking...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post

I have picked up my share of bar flys. I love eating pussy. Trust me on this, I am examining every inch CLOSELY before I go down. The last thing I need in my life is a face full of mouth herpes.
    Love to eat it also...

Reminds of the time I saw a doctor on an unrelated sexual problem...He had this couple (man and woman) in the room next to me...He was outright swearing at them that if they didn't stop screwing for several weeks and passing it back and forth to each other that he was through with them...

The Showtime Lakers were before my time and Magic/Larry were on their way out when I started following sports but was/is Magic a closet case or just a statistical anomaly? I remember reading in Bill Simmons' book that he vehemently denied being gay after he told the world he was HIV positive but are there whisperings to the contrary?

The South Park about AIDS with Magic Johnson was really good, BTW

Load Metric
    FTR rubbers do very little to protect against herpes. If you've slept around you can almost guarantee you have HPV even if you've used condoms (most males don;t show signs though).

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post

Love to eat it also...

The Showtime Lakers were before my time and Magic/Larry were on their way out when I started following sports but was/is Magic a closet case or just a statistical anomaly? I remember reading in Bill Simmons' book that he vehemently denied being gay after he told the world he was HIV positive but are there whisperings to the contrary?

The South Park about AIDS with Magic Johnson was really good, BTW
    Magic claims to have had sex with 300-600 women every year for like a decade; there were stories after a game he'd have women waiting for him in the team suana, take care of business, then go out and do his post team press conference. If you are having unprotected sex with 500 women every year most of whom you never met, you are bound to have a rash of STDs.

He very easily could have had a rash of open sores on his appendage. Curiously he never passed HIV to his wife.

With that said, Isiah hinted he was bisexual. There was that whole deal where he kissed Isiah, and generally non homos don't do that.

Bronze
    Load Metric

i would be willing to bet you already have herpes
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    My mom has a few special requests actually, Vwls do you do any freelance work? For fun or at least pretty cheap? Mostly cutesy stuff with her horses and baby foal who is still a baby but a freaking huge one let me tell you.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    quick intelligence test for 6 toes:

we will start easy.

A bat and ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

i dont want an answer from anyone but 6-toes. Then we will ask him some harder questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    My mom has a few special requests actually, Vwls do you do any freelance work? For fun or at least pretty cheap? Mostly cutesy stuff with her horses and baby foal who is still a baby but a freaking huge one let me tell you.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Magic partied like, well, a NBA superstar. I remember seeing photos of his debauchery published by the National Enquirer after the HIV positive report broke. The guy had multiple hookers, strippers partying with him and his pals. Sources said there was always plenty of booze and coke.

To engage in such a promiscuous lifestyle without protection is of course very dangerous. However, it's risky because of the chances of contracting a sexually transmitted disease.

I don't know if Magic engaged in homosexual sex (although I doubt he did), but I do know that the fact he tested positive for HIV did not mean he might eventually succumb to full blown AIDS. 'Full blown AIDS' is not a disease. It's classified as a 'syndrome'. What those poor souls who have been diagnosed with FB AIDS really suffer from could in fact be any number of ailments, hepatitis, cancer, cirrhosis of the liver, kidney failure, hemophilia, syphilis and a host of others.

By all means use protection against STDs but don't fall for the medical fraud about HIV.

As I mentioned earlier, “HIV-positive response” means nothing of any relevance to one's well being. It can be triggered by vaccination, malnutrition, M.S., measles, influenza, papilloma virus wart, Epstein Barr virus, leprosy, glandular fever, hepatitis, syphilis ... : over sixty different conditions.

The guy who tossed this non-disease on to the public consciousness was Dr Robert Gallo. The same man who just happened to hold the patent for screening HIV. He became filthy rich off this flim flam.
    Last edited by SixToedPete; 04-30-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Load Metric
    Six-toe, are you getting your stories fucked up? Wasn't Wilner the quack who argued many of the same things you are saying? The guy who actually injected himself with tainted blood to try and prove his point? He was an HIV-denial guy, correct? I mean, he authored a book called, Deadly Deception: the Proof That Sex And HIV Absolutely Do Not Cause AIDS. That doesn't sound like a good way to profit off an HIV scare and his supposed patent.

You're telling others to read up on something before arguing with you, but I think maybe you need to read up. Wilner was a quack who denied all kinds of shit, before dropping dead of a heart attack at 65 after having his license revoked and becoming an alternative medicine whack job. Are you trying to imply the guy who created the HIV hoax(in your words), became it's biggest critic, because I'm not seeing any proof of that? Please provide it. If you're trying to say AIDS is a generic term like cancer that describes a host of maladies, ok. That's true, but if you're saying that there isn't a particular strain of virus that usually led to a generic condition coined AIDS that killed a fuck ton of gay men in the 80's and 90's, and that it's fiction, there are cemeteries full of gay men who wouldn't have otherwise died from pneumonia and a host of other shit with a normal immune system that would disagree.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Six-toe, are you getting your stories fucked up? Wasn't Wilner the quack who argued many of the same things you are saying? The guy who actually injected himself with tainted blood to try and prove his point? He was an HIV-denial guy, correct? I mean, he authored a book called, Deadly Deception: the Proof That Sex And HIV Absolutely Do Not Cause AIDS. That doesn't sound like a good way to profit off an HIV scare and his supposed patent.

You're telling others to read up on something before arguing with you, but I think maybe you need to read up. Wilner was a quack who denied all kinds of shit, before dropping dead of a heart attack at 65 after having his license revoked and becoming an alternative medicine whack job. Are you trying to imply the guy who created the HIV hoax(in your words), became it's biggest critic, because I'm not seeing any proof of that? Please provide it. If you're trying to say AIDS is a generic term like cancer that describes a host of maladies, ok. That's true, but if you're saying that there isn't a particular strain of virus that usually led to a generic condition coined AIDS that killed a fuck ton of gay men in the 80's and 90's, and that it's fiction, there are cemeteries full of gay men who wouldn't have otherwise died from pneumonia and a host of other shit with a normal immune system that would disagree.
    I believe the disease of choice back in the 80s was Karposi Sarcoma, not pneumonia.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Six-toe, are you getting your stories fucked up?
    Thank you. Not my stories but the doctor's name.

I corrected it. I meant to type Dr. Robert Gallo.

Load Metric
    (Edited, dbl post. Spent 20 mins thumb typing on my EVO rebuking 6toe, and bcr in the meantime does it more eloquently, and gently.)
    Last edited by Kuntmissioner; 04-30-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    (edited, dbl post. Spent 20 mins thumb typing on my EVO rebuking 6toe, and bcr in the meantime does it more eloquently, and gently.)
    Gallo and Willner were both involved in the controversy. They have the same first name. I typed Robert Willner when I meant to type Robert Gallo. When notified, I corrected it. I stand by everything else in my post.

Your admission that you spent twenty minutes trying to point out my unintentional error is more deserving of 'rebuke' than my mistake.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I believe the disease of choice back in the 80s was Karposi Sarcoma, not pneumonia.
    Way more AIDS patients died from pneumonia than KS in the 80s (and today). In fact, off the top of my head I cannot recall a single case of a person dying from KS related disease, although I am sure it did happen. The issue with KS is that you pretty much only get it if you have AIDS and it is very visible, however it is not a particularly deadly AIDS related condition. Off the top of my head I would guess the biggest killers in AIDS patients are pneumonia, tuberculosis and leukemia/lymphoma.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    FTR rubbers do very little to protect against herpes. If you've slept around you can almost guarantee you have HPV even if you've used condoms (most males don;t show signs though).
    Slept with over 30 women and lost count...I do remember the crabs very well...

But indeed you could be right about herpes and not even know...Hey I once even did the Horizontal Watusi with some chick that had 3 t*ts...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post
    (edited, dbl post. Spent 20 mins thumb typing on my EVO rebuking 6toe, and bcr in the meantime does it more eloquently, and gently.)
    Gallo and Willner were both involved in the controversy. They have the same first name. I typed Robert Willner when I meant to type Robert Gallo. When notified, I corrected it. I stand by everything else in my post.

Your admission that you spent twenty minutes trying to point out my unintentional error is more deserving of 'rebuke' than my mistake.
    Fwiw I wasn't "trying to point out", I was "pointing out".

Regarding my "admission", what is deserving of rebuke? That I took the time to respond to your factually incorrect post, and that bcr typed out a similar response in the meantime?

Banned
    Load Metric

Regarding my "admission", what is deserving of rebuke? That I took the time to respond to your factually incorrect post, and that bcr typed out a similar response in the meantime?
    By your own admission you DID NOT point out anything. You tried, gave up and deleted your attempt.

The only 'factually incorrect' part of my post was when I unintentionally typed Robert Willner instead of Robert Gallo. I corrected it.

You used the term 'rebuking' for my simple error. I found that laughable especially since you revealed a twenty minute struggle trying to point out my error.

Therefore I said your incompetence was more deserving of 'rebuke' than my error.

It would be better for you if I didn't explain my response in such detail. Your ignorance would have shielded you from embarrassment for what I actually did, in a polite way, was make a fool of you.

Load Metric
    I think everyone in this thread is confusing HIV with AIDS, they are not the same.

Load Metric

By your own admission you DID NOT point out anything. You tried, gave up and deleted your attempt.

The only 'factually incorrect' part of my post was when I unintentionally typed Robert Willner instead of Robert Gallo. I corrected it.

You used the term 'rebuking' for my simple error. I found that laughable especially since you revealed a twenty minute struggle trying to point out my error.

Therefore I said your incompetence was more deserving of 'rebuke' than my error.

It would be better for you if I didn't explain my response in such detail. Your ignorance would have shielded you from embarrassment for what I actually did, in a polite way, was make a fool of you.
    Pretty defensive there, you odd caricature of a man.

It's mildly difficult to post on this site using an EVO, but I wouldn't call it a struggle.

Banned
    Load Metric
    So what you're saying is one of several scenarios:

1a) Africans are mostly gay / perform gay sex
    1b) Africans just enjoy hetero anal
    2) Africans just have abnormally sized penis of which stretch the vagina to its breaking point whilst producing the most friction on said penis.
    3) Aids in Africa is a hoax
    4) They are black

Or maybe someone can explain this to me? I'm a bit lost here people.

Thread Information