Thread: WSOP.com creates new "WSOP Online" platform to replace all existing ones, add Michigan to shared player pool

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

WSOP.com creates new "WSOP Online" platform to replace all existing ones, add Michigan to shared player pool

WSOP has been VERY slow in releasing their online bracelet events for 2024. There was some suspicion this was due to "shared liquidity" being added involving Michigan. Those suspicions were correct.

They have just launched a new WSOP site called "WSOP Online", which replaces WSOP NJ and WSOP NV. On May 27, WSOP Online will officially launch, and the existing sites of WSOP New Jersey and Nevada will go down.

They will transfer over accounts from WSOP NJ/NV to the new WSOP Online, once the player requests.

Here is the press release:

Caesars Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ: CZR) (“Caesars”) and the World Series of Poker® (WSOP®) today announced the launch of an all-new real-money poker platform, WSOP Online that combines player pools in Michigan, Nevada and New Jersey into one network. The move makes online poker history, as WSOP becomes the first poker operator to pool liquidity across three U.S. jurisdictions.

WSOP.COM officially rebrands as WSOP Online, featuring upgraded functionality such as four-table capabilities on mobile, including Omaha, multi-flight re-entry tournaments, in-app gift drops, and exciting game derivatives, including Mystery Bounty. Poker players can also expect exciting new features, bigger promotions, and weekly tournaments with more players than ever before.

“This platform upgrade is long overdue and is a big win for our players,” said Danielle Barille, Vice President of Online Poker at Caesars Digital. “The best is yet to come for WSOP Online tournaments, and we’re thrilled to bring Michigan players into the fold with Nevada and New Jersey, resulting in a better experience, more value, and the biggest prize pools of the year.”

Effective immediately, existing players in Nevada and New Jersey should go online to complete the pre-registration process to create an account on the new platform. Once players create a new username, any existing balances, tournament tickets, and rewards points will be transferred into the player account within 72 hours of the launch of the new platform. Players can still enjoy playing on the existing service until May 27. After the pre-registration period, current players will be prompted to re-install the WSOP Online app.

The launch of the upgraded WSOP Online real-money poker app comes at the perfect time, as the 55th edition of the World Series of Poker will kick off on May 28 at Horseshoe Las Vegas and Paris Las Vegas, and features the largest slate of online bracelet events ever.

This summer will see 30 online bracelet events beginning June 1 and culminating with the last WSOP bracelet contest on July 21. Every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday of the series will feature an official gold bracelet up for grabs, from the $333 Triple Treys No Limit Hold’em event celebrating the professional basketball championship series to the new $10,000 WSOP Online Championship on July 11.

In addition, exclusive satellites to qualify for land-based tournaments will be offered on WSOP Online, with entry fees as low as $1. There will also be daily single-table satellites and massive promotions, such as the guaranteed 25-seat Main Event mega-satellites on June 30 and July 3.

Five high-roller events will also begin on WSOP Online, playing under a hybrid format, with their final tables contested live in Las Vegas at the WSOP. The hybrid events that begin online on June 18 and June 29 will play through their final six players live on July 14, those that take place on July 10 and 11 will play live on July 15, and the online event on July 13 will have its final six players finish live on July 17.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is the link to pre-register WSOP Online for existing Nevada/New Jersey players: https://www.wsop.com/promotions/NV-Migration-2024/nv/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, I just pre-registered.

Was it easy?

Of course not.

Rather than just checking my info matches my other account and auto-validating it, I got flagged for an identity check and now I won't be playing for awhile.

It doesn't like that my registered address differs from my license, so it forced me to upload my license. Okay, done. Then it said that it will take 3 days to manually review. Then it said that they'll probably -- but not definitely -- demand a utility bill, which remains the dumbest way to verify someone's address for multiple reasons.

On top of that, my cashier is likely going to still be fucked because of what happened with Global Payments in 2022 (their payment processor). They shut down my ability to deposit because of that, and for that reason I can't deposit anymore except cash at cage.

Dumb.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Add to the pile of yet another government fail site ...

Thread Information