Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Stock Thread (official)

Load Metric
    I got out yesterday from the market for a spell. I had a great multi month run, but I am not going to say I am this great stock picker, I like to think though I can play momentum plays pretty decent. But this market has done nothing but go up for months and its time for some medicine. Going into summer, you can see a haircut of 20%. I still have a couple 'never sell' stocks, but for now I am taking a break. You just get the sense something is going to break, on the downside.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    $QQQ good place to park 100k?

I mean if you trying to be aggressive but not so aggressive you would lose (or gain) 75% of the investment over someone sending a tweet its about as good as it gets.

You don't strike me as a bond/CD type of guy. If you dont want the risk or if you dint have the time to follow a single stock the Qs is about as good as it gets.

Could always split it half Qs half SPY if you want slightly less vol.
    What’s a CD?

I have half a million of 3 month treasury bonds I don’t know why

Load Metric
    Bluestar says: IOVA.

I have been on a massive heater, do not doubt me. $9.32

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

THe ASCO conference data was great. Going to take a few days to matriculate. I am in for 14,000 shares. Director bought a shitload of shares a couple months ago at $10.

Load Metric

THe ASCO conference data was great. Going to take a few days to matriculate. I am in for 14,000 shares. Director bought a shitload of shares a couple months ago at $10.
    I cut most of my IOVA position today before the drop, surprised on the drop but that is the way it goes. Like any biotech stock I hold, still have a couple thousand shares, park and hold. But yeah donating back the $7K I just made the week before stings.

Is anyone planning on shorting Crowdstrike tomorrow before afternoon earnings? CRWD. Looks like an easy short since these things always sell hard after the report. This could be at $250 in a blink if they do not crush earnings and give great guidance.

Load Metric
    amd, atlassian, salesforce are the strongest speculative plays available atm imo.

Comments

OK2: You're quite the neighborly financial parasite. I do respect that.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

I cut most of my IOVA position today before the drop, surprised on the drop but that is the way it goes. Like any biotech stock I hold, still have a couple thousand shares, park and hold. But yeah donating back the $7K I just made the week before stings.

Is anyone planning on shorting Crowdstrike tomorrow before afternoon earnings? CRWD. Looks like an easy short since these things always sell hard after the report. This could be at $250 in a blink if they do not crush earnings and give great guidance.

I shorted CRWD after hours 500 shares at 324. Might not sound like a lot of shares until you do the math. I think this will drop hard tomorrow to at least 310 maybe worse, and I will make money. With all that said I am a contrarian. The entire market is going crazy saying these are great earnings. We will wee at 9:30AM tomorrow. Thank you in advance for your support.

Load Metric
    My guy likes RIVN

Load Metric

I shorted CRWD after hours 500 shares at 324. Might not sound like a lot of shares until you do the math. I think this will drop hard tomorrow to at least 310 maybe worse, and I will make money. With all that said I am a contrarian. The entire market is going crazy saying these are great earnings. We will wee at 9:30AM tomorrow. Thank you in advance for your support.
    Well, I got out for break even. Shorting stocks is dangerous business. But I did get out unscathed. But yeah it was nerve wracking thinking it was going to go to $300. Not going to do that again, shorting is dangerous to say the least.

I have a low floater if anyone is interested. Lots of risk, but potential. Yes a biotech.

Load Metric

Well, I got out for break even. Shorting stocks is dangerous business. But I did get out unscathed. But yeah it was nerve wracking thinking it was going to go to $300. Not going to do that again, shorting is dangerous to say the least.

I have a low floater if anyone is interested. Lots of risk, but potential. Yes a biotech.

and how did you manage to get out even?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

and how did you manage to get out even?
    I covered around 324 when it hit the mark in the AM. Not sure your question. I did have a typo in my post I thought it was going to 400, not 300. I don't usually play these nosebleed stocks so the #s confuse me at times. Just glad I did not get clipped, and I will not short any high flyer tech stock any longer. I got cocky on my CRM short(which I did great one) and got a inexpensive lesson on shorting stocks.

Gold
    Load Metric
    My guy likes RIVN
    Rivian Automotive, Inc., is an American electric vehicle manufacturer and automotive technology and outdoor recreation company founded in 2009. Rivian produces an electric sport utility vehicle and pickup truck on a "skateboard" platform that can support future vehicles or be adopted by other companies.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-06-06 135222.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  117.8 KB

Good time to ride this electric skateboard up the ramp after the drop in?

Just got a tax refund of about 5k deposited into my account yesterday so might flick it on this for something to do today

or the Mavs to peel off the first game tomorrow but that's a fairly stupid idea so probably what I'll do
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OK2 View Post
    My guy likes RIVN
    Rivian Automotive, Inc., is an American electric vehicle manufacturer and automotive technology and outdoor recreation company founded in 2009. Rivian produces an electric sport utility vehicle and pickup truck on a "skateboard" platform that can support future vehicles or be adopted by other companies.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-06-06 135222.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  117.8 KB

Good time to ride this electric skateboard up the ramp after the drop in?

Just got a tax refund of about 5k deposited into my account yesterday so might flick it on this for something to do today

or the Mavs to peel off the first game tomorrow but that's a fairly stupid idea so probably what I'll do

Not for nothing but the June 20 calls are up 33% since this was posted…..0

Load Metric
    I have a boatload on IOVA. Yes, its a risk but they have a hugely potential drug. It was just approved a few months ago. Very well could be on a historic run. It was at 17 a couple months ago.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have a boatload on IOVA. Yes, its a risk but they have a hugely potential drug. It was just approved a few months ago. Very well could be on a historic run. It was at 17 a couple months ago.
    Get real Dad,
    You left us in a highway gas station bathroom with our mom

get your shit together

Thread Information