Thread: Amazon follies

Load Metric

Amazon follies

I try and help out the Druff whenever possible and order from Amazon so he gets some type of compensation. I must have ordered 15 or so items in bulk past couple of years. Service is always fast. The only thing that sucks about Amazon is having to return shit. I bought 3 short sleeved shirts. They were advertised as 70 percent cotton and 30 percent polyester which is a descent mixture. This last delivery was placed in the mailbox instead of on the stoop , didn't check mailbox in a few days so didn't pick them up right away. The worst thing about Amazon is if you have to return shit have to print out the labels and go to store that participates them to return. I have had to return a few items. Last batch was 3 short sleeved shirts that where cheap linen dress shirts with wrong size with buttons from top to bottom not the 3 buttons in front as advertised. Off course the wife reamed me because she was in charge of returning them. No commission for Druff this time around as returned the items. Should really have put them in homeless clothes bin.

Comments

OK2: 'descent mixture' please never stop posting frank

Dan Druff: thanks for doing it

Load Metric
    Should really have put them in homeless clothes bin, absolutely.
    I don't consider easy returns to be a good thing.
    Next thing you know you have all kinds of scammers crybabies and sticklers driving up costs.
    They should monitor and severely limit returns to weed out the above. imo

Load Metric
    Wise man said, if it doesn't fit you must acquit. Also shop lifters are the ones who drive up the prices not someone who didn't get advertised product, just saying.

Load Metric
    It's Amazing how many Amazon drivers must rent and use Hertz trucks now and other rental vehicles, never would have thought that years ago

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Frank,

Thanks for helping support this site.

I agree with you about how it's a pain in the ass to return to Amazon. They've tried to make it a little easier by placing lockers in some 24-hour businesses like 7/11, where you just enter a code they give you, and put the package in there. Some places will take your returns without boxing them up, but I don't trust it. What if something happens to the stuff on the way? You're responsible.

I usually just do it the old fashioned way. I print the label, seal up the box (with packing material I keep around), and bring it to a UPS Store or something else which accepts it. I try to make it timed with when I am driving by one anyway.

The Amazon locker is good but often too small and won't take my stuff.

It does help that I have real packing tape here and label paper. It would be a big pain in the ass if I didn't have either of these.

Gold
    Load Metric
    House staff does our Amazon returns

They seem to just drop off at local ups store

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Wise man said, if it doesn't fit you must acquit. Also shop lifters are the ones who drive up the prices not someone who didn't get advertised product, just saying.

sure fucking does

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/05/15/r...rmarket-chain/

guess who's doing almost all of it

Name:  2560px-Haka_performed_during_US_Defense_Secretary's_visit_to_New_Zealand_(1).jpg
Views: 51
Size:  622.2 KB
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OK2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post

sure fucking does

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/05/15/r...rmarket-chain/

guess who's doing almost all of it

Name:  2560px-Haka_performed_during_US_Defense_Secretary's_visit_to_New_Zealand_(1).jpg
Views: 51
Size:  622.2 KB
    If only there were a couple of islands in a remote part of the world where we could put these people and leave them to their own devices.

Thread Information