Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Record producer and poker player Steve Albini abruptly passed away at 61, but was dogged by controversy in final years of his life

Load Metric
    I am 61 makes me feel old. Watching something on tv forget what it was but they called a 63 year old an elderly man

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    I am 61 makes me feel old. Watching something on tv forget what it was but they called a 63 year old an elderly man
    Unfortunately after 50, you can get popped out of nowhere with a heart attack, and that's that. This is especially true for males. Females start later with the unexpected heart attacks.

A local LA celebrity just died of a heat attack, 2 days after Albini. Entertainment reporter Sam Rubin, who appeared totally healthy and on TV earlier in the morning, on May 9. Later that day, he abruptly died of a heart attack at age 64.

Rubin was well liked and well regarded in LA media, and many expressed shock that a seemingly healthy 64-year-old would go to work, joke around on TV, and then abruptly die later that day.

Poker player Eric Shimp died at age 66, right after cashing in a WSOP event in 2022. He played the $1500 Limit Holdem event on June 6, making Day 2. He then cashed in the event on June 7, but busted before making Day 3. He went to dinner that night with friends, and everything seemed fine. He had an abrupt heart attack on June 8, at the time he would have been playing the event had he made Day 3. Had he passed during the event, it would be the first time ever that a player died at the table in the middle of a WSOP event.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Until you post a verified source, i.e. the original you are spreading rumour

Todd ler rape is what you are doing right now
    A verified source?

Look at the picture of the article in the second post in this thread. That was written by Albini. He admitted 3 years ago on Twitter that he wrote this stuff.

It's not like these were questionable allegations he denied.
    What he wrote about was something he had seen or was aware of. That’s equal to the depiction of events described by a serviceman witnessing Auschwitz

Nothing written implies support or glorification of the subject

He’s actually comparing the “horrors” of punk rock to real horrors that exist

Comments

sah_24: ...lols
    Last edited by limitles; 05-11-2024 at 05:04 PM.

Load Metric
    can’t believe no one has mentioned one of Steve Abini’s greatest contributions to music

was such a great guy, and definitely not a too-cool-for-school, old man yelling at clouds

typical limousine liberal douche

Name:  IMG_5707.png
Views: 151
Size:  184.8 KB

Comments

Dan Druff: lol!!!

splitthis: Willie running hot
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hilarious. I wasn't even aware of that song.

The fact that the left made a hero out of this guy speaks volumes.

But he hated Republicans and was a good record producer, so that absolves him of all sins.

Load Metric
    You should bring these thoughts to Twitter, really good for.your brand. Nobody cares here.

Comments

splitthis: Haha you lib trannies got OWNED

sonatine: albini 94k followers. druff 5k. because woke.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    can’t believe no one has mentioned one of Steve Abini’s greatest contributions to music

was such a great guy, and definitely not a too-cool-for-school, old man yelling at clouds

typical limousine liberal douche

Name:  IMG_5707.png
Views: 151
Size:  184.8 KB

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    he wasnt dogged by controversy in the slightest.

you see things you need to see to justify your brand, thats all.

That’s what I saw too lol

Imagine trying to shit on a dead guy just because most people generally liked him, but you had a political disagreement at the poker tables.

On brand for Druff.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post

Imagine trying to shit on a dead guy just because most people generally liked him, but you had a political disagreement at the poker tables.

On brand for Druff.

oh also albini binked a bracelet and didnt make it his personality. fuel to the fire innit.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

On brand for Druff.

wait - didn't Druff say that you were dead, literally? or am i confusing you with someone else/ either way, welcome back.

Load Metric

On brand for Druff.

Load Metric

On brand for Druff.

oh also albini binked a bracelet and didnt make it his personality. fuel to the fire innit.
    Probably completely and entirely irrelevant to proceedings but Albini won two, proving it wasn't a fluke.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Probably completely and entirely irrelevant to proceedings but Albini won two, proving it wasn't a fluke.

hey remind me; how many did druff win?

Comments

splitthis: U got zero but a bus load of ding dongs

Tellafriend: oh snap!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

On brand for Druff.

wait - didn't Druff say that you were dead, literally? or am i confusing you with someone else/ either way, welcome back.

Never said he was dead. It's possible he was on a list of people who I said vanished and might be dead.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

On brand for Druff.
    I'm shitting on a hypocritical limousine liberal who looked down on everyone who wasn't as woke as he was, but in reality was a racist homophobe who wrote disgusting articles praising his buddy's extreme pedo fan art.

Unless you think writing about "spuzz" in a "toddler's puny hole" is the mark of a good human being.

I'd have written this stuff when he was alive if I knew it, but I didn't care enough about him to look up details of his life. One political argument on Twitter in 2022 wasn't going to send me on a googling spree. I found this pedo stuff thanks to others on Twitter talking about him after he died.

If he were still alive, I'd have brought it up to him directly on Twitter (if he ever came back, that is).

Would you have trusted Steve Albini to watch your kids, even for an hour?

Comments

OK2: I actually would trust you around my kids if I had any. You're retarded but still a good person. Benjamin will turn out alright. Not trolling

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

On brand for Druff.
    I'm shitting on a hypocritical limousine liberal who looked down on everyone who wasn't as woke as he was, but in reality was a racist homophobe who wrote disgusting articles praising his buddy's extreme pedo fan art.

Unless you think writing about "spuzz" in a "toddler's puny hole" is the mark of a good human being.

I'd have written this stuff when he was alive but that would expose me to defamation law suits that I could not defend
    fyp

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    More proof that there are many idiots on TV.
    Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels.

Thread Information