Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stock Thread (official)

Gold
    Load Metric
    What are a few mutual funds or ETFs you guys like?

What you think of $SCHD?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I follow a top “orderflow” guy. He said keep an eye on Gamestop. Its already been on a run but if it gets to 20 it may run way beyond that.

Load Metric
    I follow a top “orderflow” guy. He said keep an eye on Gamestop. Its already been on a run but if it gets to 20 it may run way beyond that.

i mean, its going bonkers because roaring kitty is back on twitter apparently. that said its totally possible that somehow someone knew he was coming back and what impact it would have on gme? weirder has happened i guess.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Quite absurd. Yeah, a lot of people are making money today on vapor, but a ton of people who got in the 50+ range got absolutely crushed. I just can't bring myself to buy stocks like this. I've been stuck on a trash stock before, it's not a fun experience, it's on your mind constantly. Thankfully a pump and dump came along and I was able to get out relatively even. I just stay away from stocks with no earnings, and really as I have aged I really look for earnings. You don't make as much but you sleep well at night.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    What are a few mutual funds or ETFs you guys like?

What you think of $SCHD?
    While its been on a great run, there is really no stopping the QQQ any time soon. META, GOOG, and especially MSFT and NVDA have no ceiling. My biggest regret was not buying into the QQQ early last year. Still it has good upside.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

i mean, its going bonkers because roaring kitty is back on twitter apparently. that said its totally possible that somehow someone knew he was coming back and what impact it would have on gme? weirder has happened i guess.
    Its absolutely crazy that i made close to a years salary in this because some asshole send out a tweet.

Comments

sonatine: lol mazeltov

Tellafriend: cheers

OK2: i don't think a single person here dislikes you, impressive. get money king

Gold
    Load Metric
    $QQQ good place to park 100k?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    $QQQ good place to park 100k?

I mean if you trying to be aggressive but not so aggressive you would lose (or gain) 75% of the investment over someone sending a tweet its about as good as it gets.

You don't strike me as a bond/CD type of guy. If you dont want the risk or if you dint have the time to follow a single stock the Qs is about as good as it gets.

Could always split it half Qs half SPY if you want slightly less vol.

Load Metric
    a great breakdown of what happened/ is happening....

https://twitter.com/cancelcloco/status/1790149359381913687

Load Metric

Its absolutely crazy that i made close to a years salary in this because some asshole send out a tweet.

+$41.00 (+134.65%)Pre-market

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Yeah I'm a real lemon for selling yesterday. Ill just have to live with it.

Load Metric

an acquaintance made a tremendous observation about meme stocks yesterday; they trade like options. expecting them to act like stocks eg 'im sure it will sell off' isnt as profitable as saying 'ok how many synthetic securities are generating kinetic energy here and what would it really take to unwind all those positions and whats likely to happen on the way'.

with roaring kitty crowdsourcing a squeeze we could see 120+ in short order.

Load Metric

an acquaintance made a tremendous observation about meme stocks yesterday; they trade like options. expecting them to act like stocks eg 'im sure it will sell off' isnt as profitable as saying 'ok how many synthetic securities are generating kinetic energy here and what would it really take to unwind all those positions and whats likely to happen on the way'.

My order flow guy, who I would elect the next president or pope or QB for the patriots right about now, thinks this could pull back to the mid 30s and fully expects this to take a run back up.

Might sit that one out….. but might not

Load Metric

My order flow guy, who I would elect the next president or pope or QB for the patriots right about now, thinks this could pull back to the mid 30s and fully expects this to take a run back up.

Might sit that one out….. but might not
    my only question at 30'ish would be what sort of greeks are at play. the only scenario i can imagine where they dont just run it up again for lul$ would be the feds throwing roaring kitty in a deep dark hole.

Load Metric
    kitty up 'multiple 9 figure sums' off this squeeze apparently.

Load Metric
    not me up 63% on my put

Load Metric
    not me up 63% on my put
    What’s really amazing is people will buy and sell billions of dollars of shares on companies and then we look at something like this and we say well bitcoin is completely and totally irresponsible

Load Metric
    not me up 63% on my put
    What’s really amazing is people will buy and sell billions of dollars of shares on companies and then we look at something like this and we say well bitcoin is completely and totally donkdown

Load Metric
    london open just shoved me in a locker.

Load Metric
    Guess i should be happy i sold gme when i did

Thread Information