Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2023 Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ladies and gentlemen, your 84-win Diamondbacks NL champs!

Recent history is on their side. From 2016 through 2021, the Dodgers lost to the eventual World Series champion (except 2020, where they won). 2016 was Cubs, 2017 was cheating Astros, 2018 was Red Sox, 2019 was Nationals, 2020 they won, 2021 was Braves. Only in 2022 did the team beating them (Padres) not make it all the way.

Now Diamondbacks have the chance to do it.

Load Metric
    Man, after the first few games, the Phillies winning seemed a formality. Not much surprises me, but this one did.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Man, after the first few games, the Phillies winning seemed a formality. Not much surprises me, but this one did.
    However you knew both times “Man bun” Kimbrel headed to the mound the Phillies were in jeopardy of losing. As I recall each outing he had the bases loaded at some point as is his habit. Complete disaster.

Dombrowski f’d up the closer slot

You can’t punt two games like that at that level of competition.

DBacks could win 2 titles in the 2000’s. That would be something for the Dodgers to ponder

I am tilted tho.

Comments

BCR: Game 4 was the killer that gave them hope.

ftpjesus: Series was over when Dbacks punched Philly in the mouth solidly in game 6. Philly hadn’t lost at home in the playoffs.

Load Metric
    For simpdog, here’s the patio view:

Name:  IMG_0559.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  369.6 KB

Comments

Sanlmar: My idea of paradise

simpdog: awesome view

country978:

Load Metric
    Cheapest nosebleed are $500 for G3 and 4 and $600 for G5.

Yes the record was 84-78 but let’s not forget they were rhe best team for the first half of the season before literally an implosion at the Break and afterwards. 9-25 I believe. If not for that implosion and just playing .500 they would’ve been close to 100 wins. It’s ironic but the best thing that happened to them was the turtle against Houston. It allowed them to avoid Philly till NLCS had they won just one game it would’ve been them facing Philly in Philly and probably getting swept in the WC 3 game series.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Yes the record was 84-78 but let’s not forget they were rhe best team for the first half of the season before literally an implosion at the Break and afterwards. 9-25 I believe. If not for that implosion and just playing .500 they would’ve been close to 100 wins. It’s ironic but the best thing that happened to them was the turtle against Houston. It allowed them to avoid Philly till NLCS had they won just one game it would’ve been them facing Philly in Philly and probably getting swept in the WC 3 game series.
    I'm an expert on sniping great seats on Stubhub for way below market value.

Admittedly this is a bit of unchartered territory, given that the Dbacks haven't been in the World Series for 22 years. Some of the kids from 2001 who didn't go are now gainfully employed adults who will take that opportunity now.

With that said, if you really do want to go, wait until 24 hours before gametime, then start refreshing Stubhub like a maniac, all the way until game time. You will find some outlier seats which are way cheaper than others. Do not settle for shit nosebleeds. Concentrate on the better sections.

For the 2017 World Series (game 6), I sat in excellent seats (front row, loge level, behind 1B) for the same price others paid for nosebleeds. And this was the first Dodgers World Series since '88.

You will likely get a better deal on games 4 and 5 than you will game 3.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

I'm an expert on sniping great seats on Stubhub for way below market value.

Admittedly this is a bit of unchartered territory, given that the Dbacks haven't been in the World Series for 22 years. Some of the kids from 2001 who didn't go are now gainfully employed adults who will take that opportunity now.

With that said, if you really do want to go, wait until 24 hours before gametime, then start refreshing Stubhub like a maniac, all the way until game time. You will find some outlier seats which are way cheaper than others. Do not settle for shit nosebleeds. Concentrate on the better sections.

For the 2017 World Series (game 6), I sat in excellent seats (front row, loge level, behind 1B) for the same price others paid for nosebleeds. And this was the first Dodgers World Series since '88.

You will likely get a better deal on games 4 and 5 than you will game 3.

This is all accurate. Lots of stories about Diamondbacks tickets being so cheap for playoffs Philly fans were buying up whole rows just to be dicks. Kind of makes you smile that hubris came back to bite them.

Texas isn’t NY or Boston or LA. You won’t have a ton of big city money competing with you. Lots of $ in Texas, but Rangers are probably like priority 4 behind the cowboys and mavericks and college sports. They draw well, but they don’t seem to travel well from everything I’ve seen. Plus they have potentially 4 home games. You’ll be able to find a shitty ticket for $180 before game 4. Decent one for $300.

Load Metric
    Craig Breslow hired to be head of baseball ops for Red Sox, which by itself is a nothing-burger of a story. Whats fascinating, to me, is the people they asked to interview who declined:

Derek Falvey, Kim Ng, Jon Daniels, James Click, Michael Hill, Sam Fuld, Brandon Gomes, and Mike Hazen are among the prominent executives who have declined to interview for the Red Sox job
    Now half of that list is what you expect, Former heads or current assistants. The 3 that stand out are Falvey, Click, and Hazen....CURRENT heads of ops for the Twins, Blue Jays, and D'Backs!

Does this current shitshow of Red Sox ownership actually still think their organization is a top-flight destination for any exec??? Everyone saw the throwing of Bloom under the bus.

They had more people turn them down than actually interview.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A player came up through the Dodgers system and has often been very clutch in the postseason.

His name is...

Corey Seager. For the Texas Rangers.

Arizona shit the bed in the 9th and then let Adolis Garcia hit them in extras. 1-0 Rangers.

ftpjesus, if the Dbacks lose game 2 as well, those Arizona ticket prices should drop.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Hard to even find this thread during World Series??

I was very upset to see Garcia for the Rangers get hurt, awful. Was probably going to be World Series mvp and was playing like an all time clutch postseason legend. He still achieved legendary status but it’s a shame for the moment to be taken from him, few deserve it more. A great player to watch, it is even more enjoyable that he is cocky and stirs up trouble

Gold
    Load Metric
    Saw Mookie Betts say let Trevor Bauer back in MLB

Past due check that thread Nicky pipes said years ago he had some rough sex with a broad who cares get him back on the mound

If I was him and couldn’t go to mlb I’d go to KBL I will never forget the memories of getting up at 5 am to work on my business and watch and bet KBL games on my laptop, that year the NC DINOS won

Load Metric
    A player came up through the Dodgers system and has often been very clutch in the postseason.

His name is...

Arizona shit the bed in the 9th and then let Adolis Garcia hit them in extras. 1-0 Rangers.

ftpjesus, if the Dbacks lose game 2 as well, those Arizona ticket prices should drop.
    What exactly is the point you are trying to make? Are you finally losing your grip Dodger-wise? You hoped hard - you did.

Fraudman made a less than serious offer to have him stay. I mean clutch in the postseason clashes with Dodger blue. Amirite?

Do you know the premium the Dodgers have to make to have someone play in California (13% state) vs tax free Texas? Idk … $80m? Fraudman didn’t. What does it matter though? Fraudman and Roberts still collecting a paycheck.

Seager can swing by and show his ex team mates what a legit ring looks like.

If I can source a Vicodin I have to watch that fool Mookie’s podcast where he offers a love letter about Bauer. I can’t believe Mookie isn’t in hiding. It’s too soon after the collapse. No shame.

Load Metric
    sal is way out of line here

Gold
    Load Metric
    I questioned Corey Seagers choice to go to Texas during free agency, it’s not where I would have picked

You have to figure management gave him a good pitch of their vision for the future

Congratulations to them on at largely turning their vision into reality

You must remember Texas sign De Grom to a huge contract and that was a complete bust due to injury. Many teams would have given up right then

Load Metric
    The FOX World Series broadcast is god awful.

Motor mouth Joe Davis. I can now imagine what a Ben Shapiro podcast played at 1.5x sounds like.

Record low viewership. FOX gotta be losing their shirt.

TNT is god in comparison. TNT NBA and NHL acknowledged industry best

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    I questioned Corey Seagers choice to go to Texas during free agency, it’s not where I would have picked

You have to figure management gave him a good pitch of their vision for the future

Congratulations to them on at largely turning their vision into reality

You must remember Texas sign De Grom to a huge contract and that was a complete bust due to injury. Many teams would have given up right then
    Money talks

DeGrom outcomes can be insured.

Load Metric
    covid rings are the hardest of all rings buddy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Once in our lifetime. Well said

There’s always next year for the Dodgers to come up short and blame the league structure or non clutch players.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

His name is...

What exactly is the point you are trying to make? Are you finally losing your grip Dodger-wise? You hoped hard - you did.

Fraudman made a less than serious offer to have him stay. I mean clutch in the postseason clashes with Dodger blue. Amirite?

Do you know the premium the Dodgers have to make to have someone play in California (13% state) vs tax free Texas? Idk … $80m? Fraudman didn’t. What does it matter though? Fraudman and Roberts still collecting a paycheck.

Seager can swing by and show his ex team mates what a legit ring looks like.

If I can source a Vicodin I have to watch that fool Mookie’s podcast where he offers a love letter about Bauer. I can’t believe Mookie isn’t in hiding. It’s too soon after the collapse. No shame.
    scary fact Seager has now basically taken the crown from Reggie Jackson in regards to being Mr October hes now surpassed Jackson for HRs in the Postseason, Most games in the Postseason and passing him for RBIs as well. oh and he tied Jackson and couple others as the only folks to win 2 WS MVPs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Once in our lifetime. Well said

There’s always next year for the Dodgers to come up short and blame the league structure or non clutch players.
    If not for the mid seasons swoon its somewhat likely the Dbacks wouldve been on LAs ass legitimately if not won the Division. If I was the Dodgers and Padres Id be scared shitless now a team that young with tons of young players under control and not likely to have massive turnover and now with this success ownership is more willing to open the checkbook (Lets be honest Game 1 Dbacks shouldve won) Game 4 all they needed was to not shit the bed in either the 2nd or 3rd inning and they wouldve won Game 4. If not for some bad luck and a few mistakes it couldve easily been AZ celebratin tonight a 4-1 series win or at least going back up 3-2. (History says they shouldve won tonight,. No team had ever won a WS game having been No hit through 5 or more innings plus the Dbacks literally kept blowing RISP situations. it was maddening they were like 0-9 in the first half of the game and I believe finished 0-11 or 12 tonight).

Thread Information