Thread: Shaken and stirred

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Shaken and stirred

On my daily walk, shout out to splitthis, crossing the "railway bridge"and there's a kid standing on the tracks. Two ladies are there telling him to get back but he goes to the edge.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

We soon start to plead with him but he stands right on the edge. He's wearing a backpack, which I figure is filled with rocks. I call 911, the kid sits down and puts his palms together. Cops finally arrive and get us to move on. The cop was close enough to grab him but I didn't see that. Scary shit

Load Metric

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    On my daily walk, shout out to splitthis, crossing the "railway bridge"and there's a kid standing on the tracks. Two ladies are there telling him to get back but he goes to the edge.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

We soon start to plead with him but he stands right on the edge. He's wearing a backpack, which I figure is filled with rocks. I call 911, the kid sits down and puts his palms together. Cops finally arrive and get us to move on. The cop was close enough to grab him but I didn't see that. Scary shit
    Is the town you live in so small that you knew the boy, the cops and the 2 ladies? It would've been a deadly fall from this particular bridge? And what ever happened to the dog you were ready to go to war over?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Is the town you live in so small that you knew the boy, the cops and the 2 ladies? It would've been a deadly fall from this particular bridge? And what ever happened to the dog you were ready to go to war over?
    Yeah not a small town, a city. Don't know a soul. Happened upon it, very sad, extremely upsetting, no idea what you mean by dog but if push comes to shove I will live to see jail time and others may not

Gold
    Load Metric

Yeah not a small town, a city. Don't know a soul. Happened upon it, very sad, extremely upsetting, no idea what you mean by dog but if push comes to shove I will live to see jail time and others may not
    A few months ago you started a thread about a dog that was next to where you were staying or living that you felt was being mistreated. I was just curious if you wound up killing the people and taking the dog like you said you might.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

A few months ago you started a thread about a dog that was next to where you were staying or living that you felt was being mistreated. I was just curious if you wound up killing the people and taking the dog like you said you might.
    OK that's fair. By coincidence I was on the phone earlier in the day talking with a mediator re: the dog incident. I will be going to court with regards to the treatment of the dog by it's owner and my response which was regarded as a mischief offence.

Zero to do with a person preparing to commit suicide. Tough luck? Meant to be? Can't say but the two incidents running on the same day caused much distress to me and those who witnessed a near suicide

Comments

country978: not zero. both were glimpses

Load Metric

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Load Metric
    I dedicate this to Limitles - a lover of classic music and the ladies.

Comments

Jayjami: I want my records back!

Load Metric
    Happy you are getting exercise, sad for the kid. It’s too bad the suppression of God and the creation of complete lack of hope in children by liberal restrictions is killing our youth.

I have hope for a revival.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Happy you are getting exercise, sad for the kid. It’s too bad the suppression of God and the creation of complete lack of hope in children by liberal restrictions is killing our youth.

I have hope for a revival.
    Liberalism and conservatism had nothing to with this kids case (if you'd like to know why I say that I'll explain) and it appears religion was part of his life as he was holding his palms together in prayer like fashion for a while.

Taking a shot at the left or right in this case would be a huge leap of faith, no pun intended, but is done on this site every day since the orange man was in our faces.

Comments

Jayjami: Excellent take les

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Hilarious and often true. Kinison at a grand piano funny on it's own.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Hilarious and often true. Kinison at a grand piano funny on it's own.
    Funny? That’s just the thing. Kinison walks up to a grand piano and CAN PLAY. People who are so casual with their talent fascinate me.

Look you gotta promise you’ll listen to Druff’s pod first, okay?

Rogan had Lenny Clarke on. Lenny Clarke used to run with Kinison after meeting up with him in Boston early on. Clarke is telling Sam Kinison stories. He tells some random cop story where he mentions Kinison jamming with Eric Clapton and Phil Collins (10:50). Who knew?

Rogan tells the story how Kinison and Rosanne Barr both got hit by a car when they where kids and were fearless afterward. (4:00).

The cocaine and depravity Clarke relates while he ran with Kinison. Rogan tells the story of a kid they knew who partied with Kinison and heard voices for a year afterward.

I was never a Lenny Clarke guy.

I am frustrated I missed the Boston comedy scene mid to late 80’s. Leno, Kinison, Rogan, Steven Wright, Denis Leary, Bobcat Goldthwait, Janeane Garafolo, Jimmy Tingle… on and on. The repressed and vacuous ‘80’s were getting stabbed in the eye at places like Ding Ho’s, Comedy Connection, and all the joints on Lansdowne Street.

I gotta confess I didn’t know Rogan started out in Boston. UMass kid.

I sampled the comedy scene post peak in the early 90’s. It was more of the trendy hipster thing to do than cutting edge by that point.

Crowe and Kunt can speak more intelligently about the scene than I.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-09-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Thread Information