Now that the WSOP 2013 schedule has come out, I've gotten the a.o.k. from my wonderful wife to leave her and the kids behind to come out and play a couple of the events....

My plan is to take a couple of days off of work and be in Vegas from Friday, May 31st night until Tuesday, June 4 mid day.

So my dilemma, which I figured I ask some of you guys 'in the know'.... WHERE should I stay?

Because I'll be playing poker most of my waking hours, tournaments and cash games, I don't need luxurious accommodations. Quite the contrary -- If the sheets are clean and the shower works, that should be fine. (actually, access to free wireless internet wouldn't hurt either). In years past, I've gotten super cheap or free rooms at places like Imperial Palace. One nice thing about the Caesars properties is that hotel guests get free shuttle bus service to other Caesars properties (including The Rio).

So I went online and I looked the current Imperial Palace, now called the Quad, and I see the following deal: (Deluxe Room): $200.21 ($50.05 avg per night)

This year, I have almost no Caesars Total Rewards points because I play poker almost exclusively at the Borgata in Atlantic City these days. But I could change that, as Atlantic City has four Caesars properties. Does anyone know how much play I would have to accumulate (blackjack, craps) to start getting free room offers from places like The Quad? Should I jump on the above $200.21 deal? Any other ideas for free or cheaper rooms in Vegas during that time period?