Crazy Parents Still Refusing to Vaccinate Their Children

http://jezebel.com/crazy-parents-sti...dre-1682963891

Comments

JACKDANIELS: NEVER FORGET

Load Metric

Comments

ToasterOven: for life

Load Metric
    I have friends out there spewing their ridiculous nonsense on social media about how you still shouldn't vaccinate your children. They are posting links to some dope who claims to be a doctor and swears against vaccinations, meanwhile he is promoting his terrible rap videos on the same page.

There is seriously no point in arguing with these people. Stupid is as stupid does. One thing I have learned in life is that you can never convince a stupid person they are in the wrong. It never works out. Just better to move along and realize we now live in a world chock full of morons.

The surprising thing about Vwls is she is a very intelligent woman. I guess it's the N Cali hippie side of her that clings to these views.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 01-31-2015 at 05:54 PM.

Load Metric
    Yeah, I noticed this on social media and that's what made me think of that hilarious fckvwls thread (with bonus tag erasing scheme uncovered)

There are a few dolts I see out there linking articles and stuff without comprehending what the data actually means. For example I saw this chick post a an article which says "108 kids in the US died from measles vaccine in the last 10 years and absolutely zero died from measles". Umm....yeah, do you think maybe it has to do with the fact that we have basically eradicated measles from the US due to the vaccine? Not sure if that number is even accurate, but even if it is, 100 is an extremely low number compared to the number of people that would die if measles was widespread. They also dont point out the fact that 150,000 people world wide died last year from measles, and before the vaccine was widely used prior to 1980, something like 2.5 million people died every year from it.

The fact that these people don't understand basic math and statistics makes my brain hurt.

Its sad that these wacko's kids are put at risk and have no choice in the matter.

It's like this small percentage of people thinks they're 'smarter' than all the rest of us and its their duty to educate the rest of us sheep on the dangers of vaccines. My worry is that this small group of idiots is so vocal that other people will actually believe their retarded logic.
    Last edited by ThreeBet; 02-13-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post
    Jesus, what a moron.

But I always liked Vwls, what happened to her?

Comments

splitthis: icfishies

Load Metric
    vwls and aimee need to come back

Comments

also yikes: from the dead to order oven racks and im sorry chaps gets

Load Metric
    vwls is an ok cat and this thread is just a little joke

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    But I always liked Vwls, what happened to her?
    She didn't like being criticized for the type of weed she smoked
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    vwls and aimee need to fuck

let me make some calls.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  10967690_10203546614853537_2039524105_n.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  13.9 KB

Name:  1013619_10206038354587290_7998862608621084627_n.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  65.2 KB

Name:  10959703_721467421307534_4919189582479053997_n.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  7.5 KB

Load Metric
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  151.6 KB

Comments

vegas1369: Awesome!

Load Metric
    If these people were just endangering themselves and their families, fine, nature has a way of culling out the stupid and the weak. The problem is that they are putting the general population at risk. I am guessing that the Native Americans would have chosen vaccination it they knew 90% of their friends and family would die without it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They need to make it mandatory for public health reasons, and by "mandatory" I mean enacting criminal penalties for failing to do so.

Your "individual rights" go out the window when your personal decisions affect the health of the mass population.

Those refusing to vaccinate should be given the choice to either get it done, or GTFO of the country and live where it's not required.

The fact that measles and whooping cough are making a comeback in the 2010s is outrageous.

Comments

sonatine: fucking cosigned

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    vwls and aimee need to come back
    Aimee looked like Ray Liotta with long hair. She was also a retarded bitch in her 40's who acted like she was 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    They need to make it mandatory for public health reasons, and by "mandatory" I mean enacting criminal penalties for failing to do so.

Your "individual rights" go out the window when your personal decisions affect the health of the mass population.

Those refusing to vaccinate should be given the choice to either get it done, or GTFO of the country and live where it's not required.

The fact that measles and whooping cough are making a comeback in the 2010s is outrageous.
    This is actually a very interesting Constitutional law issue. The Supreme Court has long recognized that certain personal decisions are fundamental rights protected by the due process clause of the 5th and 14th Amendments (FYI, the right not to be deprived of life, liberty and property without due process of law (ie., your day in court)). These include the right to marry, procreate, to make medical decisions, parental decisions, etc.

When a fundamental right is involved, the Court uses the "strict scrutiny" test: The burden is on the state to show a compelling interest before they can infringe upon a fundamental right. Nobody could argue with a straight face that preventing the spread of deadly, infectious diseases is not a compelling state interest, but here is the kicker: the burden is also on the state to prove that the law is the least restrictive alternative. In other words, the state must submit proof to the court that it considered other alternatives and that they would be ineffective in achieving the goal. In a recent New York case, the court upheld the state's ban on unvaccinated children attending public schools, so this may eventually make its way to the Supreme Court.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/08/ny...says.html?_r=0

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    This is actually a very interesting Constitutional law issue. The Supreme Court has long recognized that certain personal decisions are fundamental rights protected by the due process clause of the 5th and 14th Amendments (FYI, the right not to be deprived of life, liberty and property without due process of law (ie., your day in court)). These include the right to marry, procreate, to make medical decisions, parental decisions, etc.

When a fundamental right is involved, the Court uses the "strict scrutiny" test: The burden is on the state to show a compelling interest before they can infringe upon a fundamental right. Nobody could argue with a straight face that preventing the spread of deadly, infectious diseases is not a compelling state interest, but here is the kicker: the burden is also on the state to prove that the law is the least restrictive alternative. In other words, the state must submit proof to the court that it considered other alternatives and that they would be ineffective in achieving the goal. In a recent New York case, the court upheld the state's ban on unvaccinated children attending public schools, so this may eventually make its way to the Supreme Court.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/08/ny...says.html?_r=0
    Prohibiting unvaccinated children from attending public schools is a good step, but it doesn't solve the issue. They're still free to spread disease in other public areas. I feel uneasy about forcing parental/medical decisions on people, but I don't see an alternative.

Could this be considered child abuse and solved by CPS stepping in? I recall a case of an 11 year old girl refusing Leukemia treatment and dying of it. I don't think anyone stepped in to stop this or to punish the parents. However, I have heard of newborns being taken away when parents refuse to permit standard treatments.

Load Metric

That's so 1984 of you Druff.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    So sickening to think of what is in those shots but if you are anti govt just don't have kids.

Load Metric

Yeah, I agree. People want to cry about individuals choices and freedom, which I am all for, but not when it puts the rest of the general public in danger.

I mean, its essentially the same reason people can't smoke anywhere they want.

I have a couple of anti-vaxxers in my FB news feed, and man they are fucking brutal. The way they skew facts and have no concept of how to comprehend data & statistics is mind blowing.

Thread Information