I am not talking about playing in a dream.

I mean I actually played out almost a full hand of $30/$60 limit holdem on Bovada without being fully conscious.

A few days ago, I was really tired and shouldn't have been playing anymore, but I was. I kept dozing off in between hands but was somehow waking up without missing any hands despite the sound being off. That's the other weird thing, as I woke up a ton of times when the action was on me preflop. Not sure how I knew how to do that.

But that's not the story.

I woke up to find myself with 66.

But the 66 wasn't preflop. It was on the river.

The board was JT532 without a flush possible.

It was me versus the small blind, who had checked to me.

I had zero memory of the earlier streets of this hand. I must have been in a half-asleep state where I could see the screen and manipulate the controls, but not capable of conscious thought.

So how did I get there?

I quickly worked out from the pot size that I must have raised pre, gotten one call from the SB, and then bet every street up until the river when I awoke.

Then I had to figure out what to do. I reasoned that no raise from the SB at any point meant that my 66 was likely good, so I bet. I felt really weird betting a hand where I had no memory of the actual action, and rather just a reconstruction which was possibly incorrect.

I bet, and the SB folded.

So weird though. I quit on the next blind. I wonder if I was just mashing buttons in my half-asleep state, or if I have played so many LHE hands that I can actually make correct decisions while not fully conscious.