Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Post a Story About How You Have Faced & Conquered Extreme Adversity in Your Life Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Got married in nursing school. Doc always said would be difficult for me to get pregnant so didn't worry about birth control. Voila pregnant in one month. I developed toxemia in 9th month and was ordered to bedrest. My blood pressure was skyhigh and my feet swelled triple their size. I had 2 mos of school left and we were broke as fuck. I went to school anyways of course psych rotation. Cried all the fucking time worrying about baby and bills. I had her emergency c section on a Monday, developed pneumonia and had to be back at school the following Monday or had to postpone graduation a semester. I left Hosp ama wed with a colicky baby and was back at school 5 days later. That next month was hell.

Never had another kid.

excellent

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In 2007, a very dedicated forum troll showed up on a site I frequented and obsessively harassed me there. Tried several attempts to make truces with him, but none of them lasted, as he would inevitably break it after a night of Beam and Red Bull pot. The situation persisted for 7 years.

Finally in 2014 I made what was supposed to be a final truce and unbanned his account on my forum. Things were peaceful for awhile, but then he started trolling my posts again with increasing frequency.

Had urges to ban him and be done with it, but learned from seven years of adversity that I was better off just leaving him be and not escalating the situation.

Still, I'm only human and sometimes lapse, and end up responding to some of his trolling.

A story of human triumph and tragedy.

Comments

RichardBrodiesCombover.: thank you for sharing

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In 2007, a very dedicated forum troll showed up on a site I frequented and obsessively harassed me there. Tried several attempts to make truces with him, but none of them lasted, as he would inevitably break it after a night of Beam and Red Bull pot. The situation persisted for 7 years.

Finally in 2014 I made what was supposed to be a final truce and unbanned his account on my forum. Things were peaceful for awhile, but then he started trolling my posts again with increasing frequency.

Had urges to ban him and be done with it, but learned from seven years of adversity that I was better off just leaving him be and not escalating the situation.

Still, I'm only human and sometimes lapse, and end up responding to some of his trolling.

disappointing response to say the least

I expected much better than just a cheap shot like this

come on Todd

lets hear about when you really got backed into a corner and had no way out

lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

disappointing response to say the least

I expected much better than just a cheap shot like this

come on Todd

lets hear about when you really got backed into a corner and had no way out

lol
    Try dealing with tomatoes on the side bro.

Comments

tyde: excellent post Les
    Just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

The problem with the world today is that nobody does anything based on principal anymore.

If you reach your 80's, consider your life in overtime. Sudden death overtime.

I'll never understand how swimmers get bitten by sharks. Can they not hear the music?

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I was in a home invasion. After one guy was yelled at "NO SHOTS" (after asking if he can blow my head off). The others continued trying to bust open my melon with crowbars. Im still here. TRIUMPH BITCHES.

Load Metric
    I opened up a yogurt the other day in the office before realizing that we only had plastic forks in the kitchen.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    I opened up a yogurt the other day in the office before realizing that we only had plastic forks in the kitchen.
    Speaking of yogurt, I went for my usual plain Greek yogurt this morning only to find that my girlfriend bought a week's worth of pumpkin pie Greek yogurts last night.

She has the dumbass female approach of 'let's try it!' regarding everything seasonal pumpkin while knowing that I am vehemently opposed. Definitely was a troll move, impressive too.

Garrett please PM me with possible solutions to make sure that she never does this again.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    sir that surely is some serious adversity, but this thread is about how you conquered that adversity so my question is what did you do?
    i am hoping you poured it over you secretary and licked it off her asshole

Comments

bukowski72: BestPosterNWPandBoris

Banned
    Load Metric

I'm hardly 'trolling' you Todd

just giving you shit when I feel you have it coming

you stated before that you don't care if people are critical of you, provided family and personal information is left out of the equation

well I think I have complied with those terms

I just think it's incredible how you spin facts , so therefore I'm going to call you on your bullshit when I see fit

Load Metric

Truly.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Petition to bring back Mort for Limelight trip reports only.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Petition to bring back Mort for Limelight trip reports only.
    I second the motion to bring back Sloppy Joe the sloppy hoe's boyfriend, Limelight. So Limelight can give us the trip report of how far up Sloppy Joe's ass his dick went.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Lots of threads being bumped today

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    weird bump, i am working on a graphic novel about overcoming adversity, here's a sneak preview

Name:  the handicats.png
Views: 263
Size:  59.3 KB

Comments

gimmick:

gut: i lol'd

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i once won a 10 man sng w/ only 40 chips left...also did it w/ 60 chips.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Got married in nursing school. Doc always said would be difficult for me to get pregnant so didn't worry about birth control. Voila pregnant in one month. I developed toxemia in 9th month and was ordered to bedrest. My blood pressure was skyhigh and my feet swelled triple their size. I had 2 mos of school left and we were broke as fuck. I went to school anyways of course psych rotation. Cried all the fucking time worrying about baby and bills. I had her emergency c section on a Monday, developed pneumonia and had to be back at school the following Monday or had to postpone graduation a semester. I left Hosp ama wed with a colicky baby and was back at school 5 days later. That next month was hell.Never had another kid.
    excellent
    I get the same line from my Doc

Load Metric
    some Ethiopian double charged me for my cold-pressed kale shack at Whole Foods the other day.

ok well one night I owned the Limelight huge for about 6 hundo at 1/3 NL

anyway cashed out for a cool 6 hundo profit and change about midnight or so and jumped in the pimp mobile to run home to smoke the chronic

but on the way home there is no liquor store. I was already on my way after pounding 4 brewskis at the LL but wanted some real booze, so I make a detour to have a few real drinks at this cow town shithole on Harbour Blvd in West Sac....basically major meth head ghetto out of the way....pool bar with this hot bartender I wanted to take another shot at...or at least have a few cocktails before I head back to the crib to crash out.

long story short, I walked in the bar pretty pumped up about snapping off pocket Queens with 2/4os and busting the bitch to my left talking mad shit all night....obv my style provokes severe tilt on the felt but thats neither here nor there I left a huge winner tonight.

I cash out from the Limelight and jump in the c70 and make a pit stop to buy a pack of Marlbs

Ok so I pull into the West Sac shit hole and resume hitting on this fine bartender. One of those hot girls that isn't hot because she has nice tits and ass...but fine because she is smart...and has this killer smile. man what a fucking hot slut. I told her to to run a tab and started asking these raghead faggots on the pool tables if they wanted to play for money and I get a $20.00 game. The guy was terrible I had seen a few shots he was a fucking pool noob. ez money.

so I lose the first game...actually I got smoked....the guy was a decent player but I played like an idiot and dropped 20...I go back to the bar and man up for another cocktail still talkin smack about ragheads and one dude comes over and asked me if I wanted to play for a $50.00.....obv rack em

so we are down to 2 balls...I had one stripe left and I drill it into the side and leave myself a no brainer into the corner....which I CHOKE

fuck

so I tell 'Abdul' (not his real name but might as well be).."nice game" and start walking back to the bar to man up for a last round. His shot was easy I figured I was toast.

as I get a few paces away from the bar I look back in time to see his buddy (6 foot 6 300 lbs min) drag the guys ball into the near corner....HE MISSED !

I walk back and I'm like 'whoah what the fuck was that man ? I saw that shit'

the 300 pound sand n-word piece of shit 'buddy' is like 'what did you see ?'

all 5'9 165 pounds of me gets up in his face and I say 'dude I saw what I saw....how fucking stupid do you think I am asshole ?'

he steps closer to me and obv this guy can crush me like a beer can if it comes to it...but I stand my ground...he says 'did you call me an asshole ?' (he had walked away at first and I muttered 'asshole' to the hot bartender)

dude gets in my face saying 'did you call me an asshole ?' again and I just stand there and go 'no but I am calling you a fucking cheater...I saw what I saw motherfucker'

he leans back and swings at me and I duck missing his bumbling overhand... and this dude on my left steps in and seperates us before I get my ass kicked lol and I am still staring that bitch down because I know I saw what I saw.

The bartender is telling me I better just drop it and the guy is on the other side of the bar screaming at me about how he is gonna kick my ass when I leave..etc etc yea whatever the fuck ever ragmeat.

So I am sitting at the bar I know I got rolled and the hot bartender is just telling me to drop it I am like fuck that.

I slugged back the rest of my 3rd Red Bull and Absolut and walk outside

sorry I saw the car you drove up in you sand n-word piece of shit

I keyed his piece of shit Toyota Matrix with a 2 foot long gouge.

Suck my cock, adversity.

Comments

Dan Druff: lol forgot about the Limelight

Load Metric
    Had a good thing going then on a dark Friday in April 2011 the DOJ fucked up my life...........................
    Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels.

Load Metric
    I received this fax from this prince in Nairobi. I wanted to help him with his problem and wanted to make a quick buck on the side. I unfortunately did not reply in the 24 hours that was listed on the fax. I know it was urgent but I procrastinated.To this day I still regret not helping this chap. I still lay awake at night and wonder if he finally got the money he deserved. I had put this demon to rest long ago but now this thread has drummed up old memories of personal hurt.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: good 1

Thread Information