Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
A's have to feel like such a failure the way they played the past two months after dominating so hard.

LOL at getting rid of Cespedes when their offense isn't that stellar just to acquire Lester.
Well if Lester had done his job today they would have a shot. I give Beane credit for moving all in. Cespedes was gone after next year no matter what. At least with Lester they got a solid #1 or #2 for games like this or had they won this game they would have him going forward.

While Cespedes has a little pop he gets on base only like 30 % of the time and is very overrated as an outfielder. That said he was also very popular in the clubhouse from what I have heard so maybe it did effect them a bit but to be where they were before their collapse was prob a lot over their heads
I respect a move when the owner feels like it will better the team but I don't think this did that. Sometimes it just backfires.

The A's went in panic mode when pitchers started getting hurt and losing pop in a lineup that isn't all that stellar can be a problem. The A's were definitely overachieving for a while that is for sure but they finished the season with a .244 team batting average.

Royals did have a big edge on the season series 6-2 prior to this game which is a small sample. Congrats again to them especially the fans of a team that has been at the bottom for so mean years.