Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really really want to fuck with this guy.

Bronze
    Load Metric

I really really want to fuck with this guy.

So I was sued this month. I found out I was sued by getting a letter from Judge Mathis television producers trying to fly me to Chicago, I was also sued in real court.

I was sued for $1500 in damages by a neighboring property owner, I own 30 acres and operate a race track for a living on my property. I had 2 large oil field tanks get knocked over in a 60 mile an hour wind storm in January. One neighbor alerted me to this and I drug the tank out of his yard, fixed his fence, and all was good with him. However the other neighbor not so much. The other neighbor has about a 10 acre junk yard of old mercedes cars. He's very reclusive, has no people skills, and is boarderline retarded. At first I thought the guy was actually really intelligent but strange, I was wrong.

I tried to make things right with him as well, instead of allowing me onto his property to remove the tank and fix his fence he decided to put up about 15 no trespassing signs. He would make an "appointment" with me to do the removal / repairs then email and cancel. Other than about 6 fence posts and the tank being on his property there were no other damages.

We went to court on the matter Friday. The man really really struggled to make a point and the judge asked him at least 10 times "What does this have to do with your claim". He made up a bunch of other damages that didn't happen and said he had gotten some free legal advice suggesting that he not allow me on his property.

I guess I will get to the point of what I'm really really pissed off about. The man could have came to me and said "Hey I would rather no one enter my property, can we settle on a dollar amount and I take care of it myself?". The court paperwork said he had has demanded payment and I have failed to pay, when the reality of the situation is we never once talked about money. The guy has also followed me around town to spy on me at a jobsite. He has also really been digging into my background and bringing up several things in court that not only have nothing to do with the case (And the judge told him that), but flat out are untrue. He told the judge he could prove I have no insurance and drive around every day. I have $250,000 in heavy equipment setting on my property, 3 pieces of property, and 3 vehicles that are insured to the moon, and have been for years. He has also trespassed on my property several times. After an event one day we forgot to take our American flag down, I found it the next day taken down with a note around it telling me to "Post on facebook how you disrespect our country blah blah blah".

The judge did order that he let me remove the tank tomorrow and repair the fence, we will go back to court on Oct 3rd and the judge will make a decision on the case then. I'm sure it will cost me something but I'm determined to make sure the guy regrets ever fucking with me.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Name:  retard.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  57.6 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I also am required to let the guy access his land by crossing my land, his land is technically land locked.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Name:  retard3.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  81.6 KB
    Picture of the tank and his damaged t-posts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FNdonkey View Post
    So I was sued this month. I found out I was sued by getting a letter from Judge Mathis television producers trying to fly me to Chicago, I was also sued in real court.

I was sued for $1500 in damages by a neighboring property owner, I own 30 acres and operate a race track for a living on my property. I had 2 large oil field tanks get knocked over in a 60 mile an hour wind storm in January. One neighbor alerted me to this and I drug the tank out of his yard, fixed his fence, and all was good with him. However the other neighbor not so much. The other neighbor has about a 10 acre junk yard of old mercedes cars. He's very reclusive, has no people skills, and is boarderline retarded. At first I thought the guy was actually really intelligent but strange, I was wrong.

I tried to make things right with him as well, instead of allowing me onto his property to remove the tank and fix his fence he decided to put up about 15 no trespassing signs. He would make an "appointment" with me to do the removal / repairs then email and cancel. Other than about 6 fence posts and the tank being on his property there were no other damages.

We went to court on the matter Friday. The man really really struggled to make a point and the judge asked him at least 10 times "What does this have to do with your claim". He made up a bunch of other damages that didn't happen and said he had gotten some free legal advice suggesting that he not allow me on his property.

I guess I will get to the point of what I'm really really pissed off about. The man could have came to me and said "Hey I would rather no one enter my property, can we settle on a dollar amount and I take care of it myself?". The court paperwork said he had has demanded payment and I have failed to pay, when the reality of the situation is we never once talked about money. The guy has also followed me around town to spy on me at a jobsite. He has also really been digging into my background and bringing up several things in court that not only have nothing to do with the case (And the judge told him that), but flat out are untrue. He told the judge he could prove I have no insurance and drive around every day. I have $250,000 in heavy equipment setting on my property, 3 pieces of property, and 3 vehicles that are insured to the moon, and have been for years. He has also trespassed on my property several times. After an event one day we forgot to take our American flag down, I found it the next day taken down with a note around it telling me to "Post on facebook how you disrespect our country blah blah blah".

The judge did order that he let me remove the tank tomorrow and repair the fence, we will go back to court on Oct 3rd and the judge will make a decision on the case then. I'm sure it will cost me something but I'm determined to make sure the guy regrets ever fucking with me.
    from what you say, he has failed to make his case....how did he arrive at $1500 in damages? did he submit bills/estimates for repair and refurbish his property? prove damage due to loss of use of the property? it sounds as if there is nothing sensitive about his use of his property to justify you not being allowed on the property to make repairs....it doesn't sound if you acted with negligence, you have acted reasonably in offering to repair/restore his property to its condition before the storm, and you did anything that was contrary to public safety or policy, thus punitive damages are unlikely

you should mention to the judge that the other person has refused all attempts to settle the matter out of court, thus you should object to your having to reimburse him for court costs.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    a raceway. on your property.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Very good advice.

I'm not sure how the judge is really feeling on the situation. He did say "It sounds to me like the plaintiff has tried to make these repairs and you won't let him", so he at least sees I"m trying to act in good faith. I was pretty level headed during the hearing until the end when he started making up all this bull shit (In his defense I don't think he thought he was making it up). I told the judge the only reason we were here is because he wanted to fight more than he wanted to take care of the situation, the judge replied that he "Thinks I like to fight to".

He had estimates that he had done himself for t-posts, water hoses, 700 foot of electric line he claims he noticed damaged 7 months later, sky lift rental quota for removing the tank, etc. None of these repairs have been made.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I've been so busy with work related projects lately that I will probably lose more by going to court over this than just paying him. I'm just not sure I could live with myself if I just let him get his way.

Name:  76b0055e8e6b60884d1ea92fa5936292f7791d9ea26e9b5bb6cef7a6ced6a0cc.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  35.7 KB

Comments

son of lockman: shit quit worrying so much about it as the juudge won't hang you out to dry. just pay whatever which won't be much and get the crap moved off his property.

Load Metric
    I'm just happy that this isn't a thread about actual gay sex involving men.

It's a refreshing change.

Comments

jsearles22: You know you read the entire other thread though
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    heh, well speaking of. He kept bringing up things and showing pictures of things he had obviously got off of my personal facebook page (again none of which had anything to do with the case). At one point he mentioned his wife and kid. I have never been on my property and seen ANYONE but him on his property. This made me do a little digging and I was able to find his kids facebook page. 24 year old, obviously figuring out he's homo, frequently talks about offing himself (not sure which of the 14 facebook friends he's telling this to.)

Comments

son of lockman: the guy's a crackercase obviousy

Load Metric
    The best way to get back at this guy is to leave him alone so he can continue his miserable existence. This dude is a mega loser and this little conflict with you may be the high point of this poor fucks life. GL in court.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I keep explaining to people that the worst part about dealing with this crazy mother fucker, is he doesn't realize he's crazy.

I wondered if he would be able to pull it together for court but he couldn't do it. 30 seconds in the judge had to tell him to sit down and we would go last. He could tell this was going to take a while. He went on and on and on with evidence that this actually happened, I guess he thought I was going to go with the wasn't me defense. It's worth nothing the judge never looked at one picture, quote, or anything that ether of us brought to court, the single biggest thing that seemed to help me was reading off the email from him in July wanting to reschedule the removal / repairs. This was less than 30 days before he sued me.

Wait until I post the picture of the guy.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I had been warned by other neighbors previously to not enter this guys property, I noticed him out in his yard doing whatever the fuck that it is he does all day and decided to approach him across the fence line about the damages, and me taking care of it.Name:  guy.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  52.6 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I somewhat got myself into this shit. I mean you can't exactly open up a racetrack just anywhere without getting shut down, this biggest shit hole in the county seemed like the appropriate thing to build next to.

I still haven't figured out what the huge pipes are sticking out of the ground. They have steel wire running from pipe to pipe at the top and they move around in the wind.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FNdonkey View Post
    Very good advice.

I'm not sure how the judge is really feeling on the situation. He did say "It sounds to me like the plaintiff has tried to make these repairs and you won't let him", so he at least sees I"m trying to act in good faith. I was pretty level headed during the hearing until the end when he started making up all this bull shit (In his defense I don't think he thought he was making it up). I told the judge the only reason we were here is because he wanted to fight more than he wanted to take care of the situation, the judge replied that he "Thinks I like to fight to".

He had estimates that he had done himself for t-posts, water hoses, 700 foot of electric line he claims he noticed damaged 7 months later, sky lift rental quota for removing the tank, etc. Did he ever make mention of that prior to your court hearing? None of these repairs have been made.
    you can object to his estimates as being unreasonable...but you must provide proof/reasonable alternatives...he as plaintive has a duty to mitigate damage and, within reason, limit the amount needing to be spent...is a sky lift necessary to remove the tank? also, 7 months is a long time to go before noticing a damaged electric line, so long that it may be impossible to prove your tank was the cause of the damage--he must prove that

you say he has an easement across you land so that he can access his...does that easement have any limitation? limitations as to frequency of use, time of day or season, type of objects that may use the easement, or his responsibility for share in the maintenance of the easement? or is there a limti to the width of easement (narrow enough to prevent turning a car around--would have to back up all the way? can you fence in the easement to prevent his trespass onto your land? if yes to any of that, enforce the limitations
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bumfuck Arkansas?

The guys a nutter, spend your money on a private eye or someone who does dirty deeds and put some fear into him.

Then move.

Load Metric
    Fucking with an unstable person that walks around in a gilligan hat and a snug camo jacket all day is probably a bad idea.

Comments

jsearles22: this

Corrigan: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post
    Fucking with an unstable person that walks around in a gilligan hat and a snug camo jacket all day is probably a bad idea.
    Pretty much this.

From everything I'm reading/seeing, it wouldn't surprise me if this guy ends up going on a shooting rampage one day. Not that you should back down, but also I don't think fucking with him is the right move.

Comments

PLOL: sound advice

jsearles22: dont act like you've never irresponsibly fucked with elder deranged people

Banned
    Load Metric
    I have a foolproof plan to put this guy in his place, but you need to follow my instructions to the letter.

First you need to shut down the racetrack for one weekend and hold a festival. Maybe a chili cook-off or something. Tell all your friends and neighbors that this is all for an elaborate plan to exact revenge on your litigious enemy, but invent a really stupid plan that sounds implausible. Perhaps that you'll train a pony to bite his penis off. Word will make it's way back to him, and he'll try to thwart your plan. He'll tell his parents about a poor malnourished pony in the neighborhood, his parents will head over at night to rescue it, and promptly get blasted by shotgun fire from the property's owner. Take their corpses, chop them up, and put them in your chili.

When he arrives at the chili cookoff, switch your chili with his and make him eat his parents. Then tell him what you did. Also, arrange ahead of time for his favorite band to show up so they can watch him cry and call him a pussy.

Problem solved.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Can't believe I just read that.

IamGreek: Srsly you are one sick puppy

varys: ohh that south park ep

Load Metric
    find someone to break one of his legs or something

Thread Information