Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silva-Diaz set to Headline Annual Super Bowl Card Next Jan 31st.

Load Metric

Silva-Diaz set to Headline Annual Super Bowl Card Next Jan 31st.

I don't know how I didn't hear about this one earlier but it was announced yesterday. Not surprised, but find the timing a little bit weird.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/11...-event-ufc-183

I like it.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    In other MMA news UFC fighter Joe Riggs shot himself while cleaning his gun & is out of his upcoming Sept. bout against Paolo Thiago in Brazil with non-life threatening injuries to his hand & thigh.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/11...licted-gunshot

I don't own guns but how the fuck does this happen? Isn't it kinda important to empty the gun before cleaning it? Sounds like natural selection to me.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    guy is a dumbass

Load Metric
    Riggs signs with the UFC, Diaz resigns, Riggs shoots himself in the leg. Coincidence?!?!?!

Love the Diaz-Silva fight. Even if it ends up a big mismatch, and Andy returns to his old superpower self, still a fuckin great spectacle.

And how about this UFC 178? Jones-Cormier, the return of Dominick Cruz, Yoel Romero doing Yoel Romero-type things, McGregor-Poirer, Cote v Wonderboy, AND THE UFC FUCKING DEBUT OF EDDIE ALVAREZ AGAINST DONALD CERRONE!!! All that, plus Brian Ebersole, one of the best characters in all of MMA, IMO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    In other MMA news UFC fighter Joe Riggs shot himself while cleaning his gun & is out of his upcoming Sept. bout against Paolo Thiago in Brazil with non-life threatening injuries to his hand & thigh.

I don't own guns but how the fuck does this happen? Isn't it kinda important to empty the gun before cleaning it? Sounds like natural selection to me.
    My best guess is that he isn't that used to handling guns and assuming that it's a semi-auto he ejected the magazine but failed to rack the slide and clear the chamber.

Load Metric
    Also, just announced: Rory MacDonald vs. Tarec Saffedeine in Halifax come October.

I wonder where DJ Chaps is gonna be that night?

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/11...ht-night-oct-4
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

My best guess is that he isn't that used to handling guns and assuming that it's a semi-auto he ejected the magazine but failed to rack the slide and clear the chamber.
    To clean a semi auto handgun, I always field strip it. Guy is an idiot.

Load Metric
    In related news, middle aged pro fighters arent smart, drink.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

I can understand accidently shooting yourself while carrying your gun somewhat, but not while cleaning it. The 1st thing you do is clear it. Even then if you have to pull the trigger to break it down you point it away even though you know its empty.

I bet this guy is from Alabamar or somewhere down south where schools arent readily available. In that case its hard to blame him.

Comments

shortbuspoker: trying too hard rep

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    how the fuck do you even clean a semi without ejecting the magazine and pulling the slide back?
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    how the fuck do you even clean a semi without ejecting the magazine and pulling the slide back?
    If I had to guess, he was pulling the slide back to eject and it slipped and that was that. I know its absurd but it happens often enough to be a thing, especially on cheapshit semis.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    If I had to guess, he was pulling the slide back to eject and it slipped and that was that. I know its absurd but it happens often enough to be a thing, especially on cheapshit semis.
    I guess, but do people really walk around with a chamberd round? is that sop
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

I bet this guy is from Alabamar or somewhere down south where schools arent readily available. In that case its hard to blame him.
    You're pretty bitter against the south. What happened? Did somebody from Georgia or Alabama come into Roufusport and make you look bad?

For the record, Joe Riggs lives in Arizona. I would also venture to say that the average ignorant southerner, who is well beneath your level, is better at breaking down and cleaning a firearm than the average person from any other geographical area in the U.S. We grow up with guns and learn proper use and care of them at an early age.

Comments

ShadyJ: U R a below average ignorant southerner rep

Load Metric

If I lived within 500 miles of the southern border, Id have one in the chamber probably.

Load Metric

If I lived within 500 miles of the southern border, Id have one in the chamber probably.
    Was thinking about getting a racegun 40 S&W so talked to the police and they were like you already own a 40 so thats a no go. Getting a firearm (wich is not easy to begin with here) post Behring Breivik is almost impossible.

Doubletaps with a racegun is just LOLsweet
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Fired like a 100 rounds yesterday with this.

Name:  Bul_Race_Cmore_s2.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  15.5 KB
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

Was thinking about getting a racegun 40 S&W so talked to the police and they were like you already own a 40 so thats a no go. Getting a firearm (wich is not easy to begin with here) post Behring Breivik is almost impossible.

Doubletaps with a racegun is just LOLsweet
    Where u at?

Load Metric
    Oslo
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Yeah I actually was (and still am) considering getting a gunsmith license simply so I could trick out raceguns without constantly getting middle man'd by FFL ordained parties.

Also honestly why go with a .40 for a racegun? 9mm was suuuuuper standard back when I gave a shit about IPSC because mag capacity + barrel vents being more effective.

Load Metric
    Yeah I actually was (and still am) considering getting a gunsmith license simply so I could trick out raceguns without constantly getting middle man'd by FFL ordained parties.

Also honestly why go with a .40 for a racegun? 9mm was suuuuuper standard back when I gave a shit about IPSC because mag capacity + barrel vents being more effective.
    Well 40 because of the stopping power and to make "major" in IPSC but i havent been in competitions in years so the rules might have changed, and in general I just love the 40 compared to a nine mm
    Slava Ukraini!

Thread Information