Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    "Michael Angelo" is the greatest thing Ive ever read here.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    "Michael Angelo" is the greatest thing Ive ever read here.
    It's definitely up their with Baron's visa in Europe quote.

Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK (or other European countries)? I doubt its possible but dont know how to get a visa to be able to stay there for more then 6 months. Any help would be great.
    Baron's reply
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe, so much so that I stopped using them. St Anton one of the largest ski areas in Austria accepts only cash, for online poker I will strictly deposit and withdraw with a bank account never a problem, hope that helps, this is mostly Eastern Europe mind you.
    All my credit cards are busness cards as well, I would try opening a bank account if you can. Good luck!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Extra special shout out to the teleporter varys is using
    yeah, I'm not too picky a viewer, but even I lol'd when I saw him behind the queen at the end there. I'd forgive them almost anything at that point in the episode tho.

Maybe the return journey was all downhill or something?
    I think I saw something in the background that explains his travel abilities

Name:  varys tardis.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  110.8 KB

Shout out to Michael Angelo

Load Metric
    Name:  sdUbyXI.jpg.png
Views: 617
Size:  1.42 MB

Comments

gimmick:

sonatine: sheboon bruising fingertips with a response

varys: Lol

JimmyG_415:

ToasterOven: hof

gauchojake: hof

JACKDANIELS: plat

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Oh, and is there an explanation as to why the kids were the ones that got all stabby all of a sudden? I feel like I missed something.
    Name:  qyburn-1024.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  50.8 KB

so when Varys skipped town, Qyburn pretty much got the spot of Head Weirdo in Charge of Spies and Kids, or Master of Whisperers. We saw him giving some scared kids candy and shit earlier in the season, and Cersei had told him to keep the network alive, or even expand it, so Qyburn got good with the little birds.

Qyburn's birds tell him about the leftover caches of wildfire still hidden about here and there, he tells Cersei, she hatches the Sept plan, the little birds do their stabby bidding to get shit started on D-Day, and voila, the once shamed Maester is now Hand of the Queen.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 06-27-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling & whatnot

Load Metric
    Yeah I preferred the book's take where Varys remained in control of the murderkids, that reveal made a lot more sense in the books.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I was going to say the "sixteen" chapel but i didn't want to go full libtard.

Comments

LegallyNonBindingPosts: pfa's village idiot. hang or shoot yourself.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    I was going to say the "sixteen" chapel but i didn't want to go full libtard.

Load Metric
    So it takes Time magazine to make the connection...

http://time.com/4383798/game-of-thro...re-guy-fawkes/

Load Metric
    Arya can get stabbed multiple times but still fight the waif just a day or two later...

but dumbass Sparrow Lannister gets stabbed once, by a child, and cant even stand? Or blow out a candle?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    3 eyed Raven = Lord of Light?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    going from what I know (and I sure haven't read the books) )the lord of light and all that shit came essos, and the whole 3 eyed raven deal seems like it was a westerosi/children of the forest phenomenon. my guess, different gods and magics entirely. curious what made you make this connection? I could be sold on anything, really...

Load Metric
    3 eyed raven = old northern gods

lord of light = new world gods

not related, plus the 3 eyed raven isnt a god at all and the lord of light is a literal diety.

Comments

rum dick: in before gare says you spelling deity diety was a freudian slip

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    going from what I know (and I sure haven't read the books) )the lord of light and all that shit came essos, and the whole 3 eyed raven deal seems like it was a westerosi/children of the forest phenomenon. my guess, different gods and magics entirely. curious what made you make this connection? I could be sold on anything, really...
    Bran seems to be able to go back in time and maybe even change history or a sequence of events or influence people's behaviors. So, for example, I thought the 3 Eyed Raven could be the one showing the red witch the visions, ect.

Load Metric
    Interesting take from The Ringer today that I hadn't thought of/forgot about

Revealing that Jon is a Targaryen to the audience was the easy part. The difficult part is: How does the rest of realm find out?

So, who knows? Bran, obviously. And, while we don’t know exactly how his greenseer powers work, I would imagine Bran is capable of demonstrating the veracity of Jon’s lineage in persuasive fashion.
    Howland Reed — Meera and Jojen’s father — was at the Tower of Joy. Though Reed didn’t go inside, seeing Ned Stark walk out with a newborn and Lyanna’s body probably spoke for itself. The reclusive Lord of Greywater Watch is well known for having been one of Lord Eddard’s most trusted confidantes, and his words would carry real weight, especially in the North.

In the Season 5 scene in the crypts of Winterfell where Littlefinger recounts the story of the tournament at Harrenhal, Baelish makes a I-know-something-you-don’t-know face when Sansa repeats the “Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna” story. He may know something but I doubt that includes Jon’s parentage, simply because it’s hard to imagine Littlefinger holding on to such sensitive information for decades without trying to profit from it. This doesn’t preclude him — or anyone else, for that matter — from plain figuring it out! I mean, it is kind of mystifying that no one in Westeros has made the connection before. Lyanna Stark gets kidnapped by Rhaegar and dies nine months later, then the famously honorable and practically virginal Ned Stark comes back from the war with an infant bastard? It’s not calculus.
    Maybe it is littlefinger who drops the bombshell on Sansa/Jon next season before Bran gets there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Interesting take from The Ringer today that I hadn't thought of/forgot about

Revealing that Jon is a Targaryen to the audience was the easy part. The difficult part is: How does the rest of realm find out?

So, who knows? Bran, obviously. And, while we don’t know exactly how his greenseer powers work, I would imagine Bran is capable of demonstrating the veracity of Jon’s lineage in persuasive fashion.
    Howland Reed — Meera and Jojen’s father — was at the Tower of Joy. Though Reed didn’t go inside, seeing Ned Stark walk out with a newborn and Lyanna’s body probably spoke for itself. The reclusive Lord of Greywater Watch is well known for having been one of Lord Eddard’s most trusted confidantes, and his words would carry real weight, especially in the North.

In the Season 5 scene in the crypts of Winterfell where Littlefinger recounts the story of the tournament at Harrenhal, Baelish makes a I-know-something-you-don’t-know face when Sansa repeats the “Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna” story. He may know something but I doubt that includes Jon’s parentage, simply because it’s hard to imagine Littlefinger holding on to such sensitive information for decades without trying to profit from it. This doesn’t preclude him — or anyone else, for that matter — from plain figuring it out! I mean, it is kind of mystifying that no one in Westeros has made the connection before. Lyanna Stark gets kidnapped by Rhaegar and dies nine months later, then the famously honorable and practically virginal Ned Stark comes back from the war with an infant bastard? It’s not calculus.
    Maybe it is littlefinger who drops the bombshell on Sansa/Jon next season before Bran gets there.
    Howland Reed was at the tower that day and I believe he's still alive.

Load Metric

Comments

ToasterOven:

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Get schwifty Ricky

Comments

rum dick: schwifty

Thread Information