Page 40 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    AV had a good but ultimately overly kind writeup, its worth checking out.

Btw the magic word here is 'budget'. Ive said it before, Ill say it again; this show has a shockingly small budget and the VR firms who take their contract do so at a huge loss because they consider it a resume builder.

Given that there is an epic, sweeping battle coming that will likely deplete 90% of their fx budget in the next 60 minutes of footage, I think what we have left here is a season where writers just kinda gave the fuck up and drew the shortest lines between multiple points because they lacked the resources to do their jobs appropriately.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I was going to drop by and comment to the thread but I was stabbed a half dozen times in the gut late last night. Feel pretty good today, though.

Comments

4Dragons: that poppy milk works better than 'tussin'

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    I was going to drop by and comment to the thread but I was stabbed a half dozen times in the gut late last night. Feel pretty good today, though.

Yeah its a tricky thing, getting your kidney/spleen/stomach/liver perforated. You really cant force it to heal, nothing can really make that happen but drinking opium and sleeping in for a day.

Comments

Suicide King: Walk it off

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Yeah its a tricky thing, getting your kidney/spleen/stomach/liver perforated. You really cant force it to heal, nothing can really make that happen but drinking opium and sleeping in for a day.
    One day's rest and you can run through the fucking streets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post

One day's rest and you can run through the fucking streets

until you open up your wounds of course.

then you need at least a few hours to work out the sepsis and unimaginable pain. my advice is to simply find something to preoccupy yourself with, like carving a womans face off for presentation to your assassin ex-overlord.

Comments

ltrainkoja: just rub some dirt on it

Load Metric
    So the season finale is 69 minutes long. AKA exactly how long they can stretch it out for a 2 hour broadcast TV slot. This fucking franchise...

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Only point I disagree with is the Kingslayer siege resolution. That was showing Jaime as a chess player over checkers and not just some swashbuckling, sister fucking assclown. It also says that he has a bigger part to play in all this noise. I mean it doesn't 'say' it, but you know what i'm sayin', riiight?

good point -- but I already thought of him being a chess player. He is, however, a very inconsistent character. He has his moments of ignorance but he was very shrewd with how he became the kingslayer, to negotiating with Caitlyn Stark and his reasoned, if not confusing, calm reaction to Princess Myrcella's Death.

It just seemed like let's pretend that Frey allowed Edmure to get some even though Frey doesn't really condone the marriage. I mean Frey has locked him in a cell for the last few years. Frey's daughter then has a son from the farce. Edmure finally got something right-- that is a pretty big creative license and just bad story telling

also how soap opera bad was Jaime waving goodbye to Brienne-- so cheesy-- these writers are so lost without the books

Load Metric
    Have to agree that jamies speech to edmure and edmures reaction were god but yeah everything about briennes escape was ridiculously bad. Bronn/podrick and tyrion/missandei//greyworm were also awful scenes and a huge waste of time considering the end is near.

Load Metric
    every tyrion/missandei/greyworm scene has been pure torture and a total desecration of PD's potential.

Comments

Daly: Fucking painfull

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Have to agree that jamies speech to edmure and edmures reaction were god but yeah everything about briennes escape was ridiculously bad. Bronn/podrick and tyrion/missandei//greyworm were also awful scenes and a huge waste of time considering the end is near.
    Well since everything seems to happen for a reason in this series and the foreshadowing speech of Brianne, one might preclude that somewhere down the line she drives Jamie's own sword straight through his codpiece... so she had to get away.

Load Metric
    cersei choosing violence was god though

Comments

Daly: Needed more though

Load Metric

Yeah, someone forgot to read that book the Romans put out a couple of thousand years ago where they came to the conclusion that it takes one, 5" wound to the belly to drop a full sized adult soldier. But hey, we got dragons!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    cersei choosing violence was god though

Name:  you-chose-mentors-online-wisely.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  41.2 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Well since everything seems to happen for a reason in this series and the foreshadowing speech of Brianne, one might preclude that somewhere down the line she drives Jamie's own sword straight through his codpiece... so she had to get away.
    Right, im not disagreeing with the concept. Im just saying that 2 minutes before jamie was waving like a gayfag as he let the enemy get away he was threatening to launch edmures infant son from a trebuchet. Like the other dude said, no consistency to a character that had GOAT potential in the beginning.

Edit: Thinking about it more, he was obv pretty damn sure edmure would follow along and he wouldnt have to follow through with his threat, but still...

Comments

ToasterOven:

Load Metric
    I'm just thankful that Derek doesn't watch GoT.

Load Metric
    its hard to imagine how he could inject his terrible into this discussion but i wouldnt put it past him

Load Metric
    LMFAO! He actually does at my place on Sunday nights
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    So, kind of a revelation:

The reason the Arya plotline was so wonky and uneven may be because they had to cut a _huge_ reveal to keep it from turning into The Arya Show, because basically fuckall happens to anyone else.

In the books, its revealed that Arya can warg; when shes blind, the Jaqen character (an old man if I recall) beats the shit out of her with his cane on the regular, basically doing surprise attacks like hes Kate from The Pink Panther.

That ends when she parries a shot to her wrist and returns it. It is revealed at that point that she warged into a cat on a rafter and was able to see the blow coming.

Then she gets her site back and bobs your uncle.

I think, in the show, the 'omg she put out the candle' moment was a premise for her using her warg-fu to defeat waify. And they had to cut it because with 15 hours left, they will never touch upon it again, and it would literally make her the only interesting reveal in the entire season beyond the usual knifing victims.

Ergo; this show is sloppy dogshit at this point and the writers are totally and utterly scrambling to shave the edges off jigsaw pieces so they can get _something_ done by the time the series ends.

Comments

varys: Maybe ill smoke a bowl and reread arya chapters

Load Metric

honestly are there other chapters really worth rereading?

Load Metric

honestly are there other chapters really worth rereading?
    Not sure, probably brans greendreams. Also the first time i read about danys adventures in mereen etc i thought it was horrible but i definitely enjoyed it the second time through. The political aspect is half cool and adds to the disappointment of hbo dany.

Thread Information