Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Stock geeks: My NIA type pick for the next while

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Damone;286828][QUOTE=DJ_Chaps;283165]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    [B]I wish the new management would throw this dog a bone, I am def ready to go at it again full time and start banking. QUOTE]

Probably not pal. Stick to watching the Wall Street movie and dream. This is the movie that stars Michael Douglas and Chuck Sheen, came out like 20 years ago.

Market is poised for a HUGE crash. You best bet is to sit on the sidelines, and focus on some scraps. Given your resume in a hot market today, you are completely finished. You may have a opportunity if the market crashes though, it will clean out the MBAs and focus on workers. You window is closing, but still open.

Have a nice day.

You know absolutely zero point zero about day trading, son. Even bigger money to be made on a crash, if you are positioned for it. Market has been poised for a major "correction/crash/etc" for quite some time now. Heck I don't even disagree there, but top calling is for suckers. A good hard lesson I learned as a complete noob, is that you need to quickly react to the market, not try and predict what it will do next. Even the greatest looking trade setup can piss in your mouth in a flash.

Comments

Sanlmar: How the fuck my name got in that post, lol. Chaps says "don't thin - trade what you see". Experienced trader rep

Load Metric
    On the topic of wall street related flicks, i wish there was one that focused on actual trading and not just shady brokering.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    On the topic of wall street related flicks, i wish there was one that focused on actual trading and not just shady brokering.
    Quicksilver.

Kevin Bacon

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Damone View Post
    Quicksilver.

Kevin Bacon

any good? i am likely going to seek it out regardless haha

Bronze
    Load Metric

Quicksilver.

Kevin Bacon

any good? i am likely going to seek it out regardless haha
    Little dated, but the premise is solid (young stock broker taking on the big guys). Worth the $5 to view. Kevin Bacon is always solid.

Load Metric
    Quicksilver.

Kevin Bacon
    Isn't he a bike messenger in that movie? I saw the movie back in the day but I'm too lazy to look this shit up.

Don't recall the stock broker angle but it could be. I do remember thinking it was a shitty movie though.

Comments

son of lockman: that is your problem. being lazy.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    fuck boys, meant to post JRJC 6s earlier. beauty run into the close too.

Load Metric
    wowow JRJC continued hard the next day. peaking just below 12.

BTCS on heavy watch, may have bottomed (temp imo) at a dime.

Load Metric
    Wynn, Sands & MGM getting crushed again today.

No mercy.

Load Metric
    GPRO has been this summer's MVP.

Market price exploration for an essentially worthless company IMO. IPO, short squeezes - it's all there.

Surprised - well, maybe disappointed - nobody writing options. Everyone likes to buy a lottery ticket now and then.

Tie a camera to this dogs tail and watch the ride down.

Load Metric
    rofl, more squeeze action into the close, almost hitting 60. gap n run on monday FTW FTW

Load Metric
    rofl, more squeeze action into the close, almost hitting 60. gap n run on monday FTW FTW
    Look at that pennant/flag that formed and popped at 1pm.

Drove through 2 day high and then started murdering people.

Lol, Morgan Stanley downgrade. Noise.

GPRO is a worthless company IMO. Hate ALL social media. But day to day that shit has nothing to do with it.

BECAUSE GPRO is worthless people are shorting it. If GPRO had the cure for cancer this would not be such a great trading vehicle. The traders are going to fuck the "smart" money.

So while I personally hate this social media shit it doesn't matter. Just trade what you see.

In that vain Chaps, GPRO is up another 45 cents after hours. You predict a GAP up. I never try to predict that shit. I would NEVER hold the weekend to game that. Who the fuck knows. Let them show me. I actually believe you are right. GAP up then trap. But I don't try to guess that shit.

I have lost enough money in the past trying to make predictions and now just humbly trade the patterns.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  198.4 KB

Load Metric
    Look at that pennant/flag that formed and popped at 1pm.

Drove through 2 day high and then started murdering people.

Lol, Morgan Stanley downgrade. Noise.

GPRO is a worthless company IMO. Hate ALL social media. But day to day that shit has nothing to do with it.

BECAUSE GPRO is worthless people are shorting it. If GPRO had the cure for cancer this would not be such a great trading vehicle. The traders are going to fuck the "smart" money.

So while I personally hate this social media shit it doesn't matter. Just trade what you see.

In that vain Chaps, GPRO is up another 45 cents after hours. You predict a GAP up. I never try to predict that shit. I would NEVER hold the weekend to game that. Who the fuck knows. Let them show me. I actually believe you are right. GAP up then trap. But I don't try to guess that shit.

I have lost enough money in the past trying to make predictions and now just humbly trade the patterns.

Views: 173
Size:  198.4 KB

What you think of JPM, especially once interest rates rise?

Load Metric
    Wonder what FTP would say.

That's kinda the point of my little rant. I don't think. I don't predict interest rates and all that.

I long ago stopped reading the Financial Times, Investors Business Daily and all the other endless overload of opinions and data. Except for just casual awareness.

Quants with PHD's and unlimited research try to game that. Half of them are always wrong.

My time frame is minutes and hours. Not weeks or months. ISIS could bomb London. Who knows.

JPM chart is interesting though. Haven't looked at it in ages. I am on my mobile so I cannot draw on the chart.

Draw a straight line from the tops from April to present. Then draw another straight line touching the bottoms from April to present. Looks like a trading channel to me. Up and down within that channel.

Same channel pattern was present from October 2013 to April 2014. Until it broke the channel to downside.

Sell top of channel and buy the bottom.

However, $60 is a really interesting point. It might be consolidating here for a break out to the upside. JPM had a hell of a run recently from $56 and probably needs to digest that and maybe retrace a little before it's next move.

So, I bet it does a fib retracement (38.2%) to 58.50 at least.

---> or $57.50 (fib 68.2%) bottom of that channel we talked about and ultimately makes a new high. <--
    When you get a convergence of this sort of stuff it's often pretty strong indicator

I am just writing as I am thinking. I never think in terms of weeks or months.

I don't know your cost basis or why you are in this of all things.

There are so many better looking charts.

Views: 152
Size:  235.1 KB
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-05-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Load Metric
    Well, we didn't get the gap up, but we be runnin.

Load Metric
    Every fiber of your body wants to short the shit out of this.... but that's how you end up selling pencils on the street corner

Comments

DJ_Chaps: back up plan rep heh

Load Metric
    AMRN back on Long radar for first time in ages. I slagged em all the way down from post Vascepa approval highs of 16ish (got myself banned from stocktwits a few times too), but admit that it is over beaten. A few appeal rulings coming up iirc, could mean major correction on positive outcome. Wants to test 2 today, tiny lil pop as I type.

Load Metric
    Every fiber of your body wants to short the shit out of this.... but that's how you end up selling pencils on the street corner
    I felt the same about TSLA 200 dollars ago, heh.

Load Metric
    AMRN back on Long radar for first time in ages. I slagged em all the way down from post Vascepa approval highs of 16ish (got myself banned from stocktwits a few times too), but admit that it is over beaten. A few appeal rulings coming up iirc, could mean major correction on positive outcome. Wants to test 2 today, tiny lil pop as I type.

AMRN broke 2, now to see how many sellers were waiting for it.

Load Metric

AMRN broke 2, now to see how many sellers were waiting for it.
    Pulled up chart and said, "yup, that a Chaps chart". You love these broken down - gap down rascals. (WWE was cool though)

Honest to god, I am now going to think of these kind of charts as a "Chaps". Your touch of immortality.

For some reason your story of drug approval & all that reminded me of IMCL. Martha Stewart did time for that 'round 2002. Dates me but I was riding that roller coaster then.

Used to play the drugs b/c the rumors and all that shit gave them the beta & juice we all love. But I was playing longer periods then. I learned my lesson. Just one news release and your fucked.

If you are reading stock twits and using any part of your frontal lobe you are gonna get trapped by the traders who see the same news.

Must learn to shut off your brain & just trade the chart. All the news is baked in.

I have found a game where my lack of intelligence & my acceptance of that is an asset.

Thread Information