Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Stock geeks: My NIA type pick for the next while

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    IM A CHART WORSHIPPER. REXX LOOKS SOME SEXY IF THIS 5 AREA HOLDS UP.

FLML LOOKS A LIL SCARY. THAT RECENT 50% ONE DAY SPIKE DOWN IS TELLING ME TO GTFO.

Load Metric
    Oil. After holding $52 for a couple of days it is giving some back. $50.50. Nice plunge and I was lucky to catch a candle or two down.

I loved this

Wall Street dreams of a V-shaped recovery of everything because that’s where the quick and big bucks are to be made. Prices even in the current range are unsustainable for the industry, the report pointed out, and will entail a wave of “disinvestment from oil,” of the type we’re already seeing. But then, after oil plunges into the $20-range, presumably by no later than the third quarter, mirabile dictu, the price will soar, according to the report, and I mean SOAR, with Brent hitting $75 a barrel by the end of this year – more than tripling in a little over a quarter.

From $52 a barrel to $20 and then to $75 in just one year? That’s the kind of V-shaped recovery that dreams are made of. Every trader lusts for this. Wall Street lusts for it. Hedge funds can hardly contain themselves at the mere thought of it. So whose book is Citi talking up?

If the price of oil stays in the current range, liquidity for much of the oil patch will run out in 2016, and that’s when waves of defaults will begin to cascade through bank and private-equity balance sheets. And beyond that, investment banks stand to lose a lot: in 2014, Citi earned $492 million in energy-related investment-banking revenues – more than any other bank! More even than JP Morgan.

So Wall Street must have a V-shaped recovery in place by 2016, or else.

We have watched the price of natural gas drop to ludicrously low levels – and stay there. Natural gas producers have been bleeding for years. Those that could, switched production to shale plays that were rich in oil, condensate, and natural-gas liquids that brought much higher prices and allowed some of these gas wells to be profitable. But now, their prices have plunged as well, and that solution has gone up in vapors. Yet, production continues to soar from record to record! There has been no V-shaped recovery in the price of natural gas. And if or when there is a price spike, it won’t be the right side of a “V,” but a spike after years of terrible bleeding.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    IM A CHART WORSHIPPER. REXX LOOKS SOME SEXY IF THIS 5 AREA HOLDS UP.

FLML LOOKS A LIL SCARY. THAT RECENT 50% ONE DAY SPIKE DOWN IS TELLING ME TO GTFO.
    REXX Very cool Chaps. Wish we saw this earlier. $3.50 was god. Stocks love to fill gaps and the magnetic draw and the nice setup leading into that was choice.

Filling that gap also broke a resistance level and another leg up followed. So much confluence and in hindsight a beautiful payoff. I am deeply moved.

I wouldn't buy here but the speculators are on this huge. Action stock. I will follow this too. Good job.

Shouldn't you be studying Series 7? Just bustin balls. You're doing god's work.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-10-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Load Metric
    Fuck a series 7, I just wanna trade again, nothing more or less.

Shout out to my boy Sidedish, still holding WWE and reaping a nice pop today. This thing is legit. Get long, or get lost. Fun reading shorts on stocktwits get their shit pushed in. See you back at 30.....this year.

Comments

thesidedish: WWE IS GOD

Sanlmar: Touchdown. You been on this months ago - no past posting lol. You made your bones with me.

Load Metric
    Most of the prop shops require it, no? Did Chicago? I was just shooting the shit.

Tell you what. Every single friggin chart is poised for a breakout. AAPL through $120 was a textbook setup. Absolutely pure. They all look like that.

Even Krypt's LNG wants to go. I actually saw yesterday's red candle as positive.

Dow flirting with 18,000 again.

When things get this easy my experience has taught me the traders/market will rinse the weak hands. I feel a big tankage comin'. I am scaling some shorts with options. Starting small while still day trading long mostly.

I got absolutely no read or reason for being negative except that nobody else is (contrarian) and I just got a feel.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Most of the prop shops require it, no? Did Chicago? I was just shooting the shit.

Tell you what. Every single friggin chart is poised for a breakout. AAPL through $120 was a textbook setup. Absolutely pure. They all look like that.

Even Krypt's LNG wants to go. I actually saw yesterday's red candle as positive.

Dow flirting with 18,000 again.

When things get this easy my experience has taught me the traders/market will rinse the weak hands. I feel a big tankage comin'. I am scaling some shorts with options. Starting small while still day trading long mostly.

I got absolutely no read or reason for being negative except that nobody else is (contrarian) and I just got a feel.

For day trading at a prop firm, naw you don't need it. Chicago didn't require it (I gotta get back on that BTW). I only know US stocks (aside from a few choice names), so I don't even wanna waste my time getting any kind of Canadian cert, even tho there are options to do so.

Load Metric
    Couple days ago I was checking out some random blogs posted by prop traders. I didnt bookmark any.

I swear 50% were ex poker players. I think that skew has something to do with poker players habit of posting hands and sessions and they just continued blogging as traders.

I need to find the blog about a kid in a prop firm who went zero to hero with $20 on PokerStars and then used his roll to post the $5k stake at his prop firm.

If your interested I can link some of the prop trader shit I been surfing. Some are great gambling tales full of flop sweat and suicidal thoughts.

You catch my post about MTurk? If someone wanted a zero risk way to grind a micro stake while sitting at computer this would be one way to go.

Keep at it.

Load Metric
    Shout out to my boy Sidedish, still holding WWE and reaping a nice pop today. This thing is legit. Get long, or get lost. Fun reading shorts on stocktwits get their shit pushed in. See you back at 30.....this year.
    I don't own WWE but it's one of those stocks where I look at stocks like Amazon, Netflix, and Chipotle and I'm like how are these stocks so high because of "wanting to own a piece" but something like the WWE is so low. In a world where reality television that is anything but real is the norm and History channel showing shit like werewolves and vampires how is it that the WWE stock price isn't skyrocketed to all hell?

I avoid them because I really just don't understand how someone would want to drop thousands of dollars on a $450 Netflix stock when you could buy like Berkshire and Hathaway B Stock for 150? I mean Netflix, Amazon, and so on don't even do dividends what is really the driving force here? Is there any real tangible value behind their stock price?

Comments

4BET: BUM

Load Metric
    My old firm/shop was god, in that I didn't have to put up a dime. They covered entitlements and everything. Gotta be tough to find a remote prop gig with that set up.

Load Metric
    Krypt. The fundamental vs technical argument.

You posted about LNG. I am following.

Ok. Now what do people of your persuasion do about entry price? You just see a good stock and buy it?

What have they taught you about that? Is there anything that you have taken issue with at school?

Load Metric
    WWE CREEPING TOWARD HOD. GAP FILLS AT 17. NEXT KEY LEVEL FROM THERE LOOKS LIKE 20ish.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    I don't own WWE but it's one of those stocks where I look at stocks like Amazon, Netflix, and Chipotle and I'm like how are these stocks so high because of "wanting to own a piece" but something like the WWE is so low. In a world where reality television that is anything but real is the norm and History channel showing shit like werewolves and vampires how is it that the WWE stock price isn't skyrocketed to all hell?

I avoid them because I really just don't understand how someone would want to drop thousands of dollars on a $450 Netflix stock when you could buy like Berkshire and Hathaway B Stock for 150? I mean Netflix, Amazon, and so on don't even do dividends what is really the driving force here? Is there any real tangible value behind their stock price?
    A stock's price is arbitrary. A $600 stock is no better than a $20 simply because of price.

NFLX can decide to do a 12:1 split. Boom NFLX is a $20 stock with same fundamentals. It's a pain in the balls for companies to do splits.

AAPL is an example of a stock that split a couple times. (23,000% growth since start)

You don't shop price. 1000 shares x $20 or 100 shares x $200 is the same thing more or less.

Lol, Chaps shops the bruised fruit and dented cans section of the stock supermarket. Avoid the grey steak Chaps.

Load Metric
    Lol, Chaps shops the bruised fruit and dented cans section of the stock supermarket. Avoid the grey steak Chaps.

LMFAO

Load Metric

A stock's price is arbitrary. A $600 stock is no better than a $20 simply because of price.

NFLX can decide to do a 12:1 split. Boom NFLX is a $20 stock with same fundamentals. It's a pain in the balls for companies to do splits.

AAPL is an example of a stock that split a couple times. (23,000% growth since start)

You don't shop price. 1000 shares x $20 or 100 shares x $200 is the same thing more or less.

I understand that but what I'm saying is the numbers just don't add up in these situations. Like Netflix market cap is 27.7 billion dollars? I'm not simply saying hey ok Netflix is 450 dollars how can you justify paying that, it's that the stock price is grossly inflated to the company's actual value. What I'm saying is that there's really no financial backing to their share value based off of their market caps. I just don't see how a price like that is sustainable long term for a company like Netflix, something has got to break.

Comments

4BET: bum

Load Metric

I understand that but what I'm saying is the numbers just don't add up in these situations. Like Netflix market cap is 27.7 billion dollars? I'm not simply saying hey ok Netflix is 450 dollars how can you justify paying that, it's that the stock price is grossly inflated to the company's actual value. What I'm saying is that there's really no financial backing to their share value based off of their market caps. I just don't see how a price like that is sustainable long term for a company like Netflix, something has got to break.
    Yeah, I hear ya. I understand some people actually buy stocks as investments. I ain't smart enough nor willing to predict what Netflix will do 2 years from now.

I do know a lot of folks were short and NFLX has always been popular with the shorts. Look at the chart and you can see a lot of money was made that way.

Then they posted a great quarter and people got MURDERED. The squeeze is still happening. That has as much to do with the PE as anything else right now. It's poker.

This is another chart that where if NFLX breaks something like $475 it will go thermonuclear just cause people keep saying it is over valued and go short. They will be sweating bullets and panic buy to cover adding to the momentum of people just catching the wave up.

Sometimes price has little to do with reality and more to do with fear & greed.

To sum it up, be careful shorting NFLX simply for fundamental reasons (Krypt). It's a dangerous game. Short it when the momentum cools.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-13-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Load Metric
    It's Friday, and oil up again this Friday.

Can anyone tell me the last Friday it didn't bump up?

Load Metric
    Amaya/PokerStars is up $2.46 (8%) to $34.02

Why? There is something going on with Druff's dead friend Caesars.

The following is typical of first level reporting. I think chips are being traded and the relationship will be deeper than first reported.

Cool shit.

Caesars executive backs PokerStars for legalisation in US

A shift by Caesars Entertainment’s hard line approach against PokerStars’ entry into the Californian online poker market, could be a positive step towards legalizing and regulating the game on the internet in the Golden State. Previously, Caesars would not budge from its insistence that a bad actor’s clause be entered into any legislation, which would essentially have left PokerStars out of the market in the future.

Caesars is not simply being pragmatic about California legislation. Their problems are far more serious.

AYA = WSOP ?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-16-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Load Metric
    Simp

Amaya/PokerStars is up $0.75 to $35.96

More or less where you started, eh? Pretty good recovery, but I am thinking of bailing now.

Chart threatening a negative head and shoulders pattern. I am also feeling a good rinse/sell off in the market overall.

Head and Shoulders Wiki
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_...chart_pattern)

Load Metric
    Simp

Amaya/PokerStars is up $0.75 to $35.96

More or less where you started, eh? Pretty good recovery, but I am thinking of bailing now.

Chart threatening a negative head and shoulders pattern. I am also feeling a good rinse/sell off in the market overall.

Head and Shoulders Wiki
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_...chart_pattern)
    Somewhere close yes.

I'm trying to avoid looking at any stock market news/charts. I am blind with my eyes closed until I read the news and see oil has popped to $80 for some war/OPEC/whatever reason.

Enjoying the nice bonus of running a company paid in USD and converting it to CAD. Who needs to invest when you just get free money compared to a year ago?

Load Metric
    Everything is a Rich Man's Trick

I am sure canadian oil is shipping Bitcoin to ISIS to help support pricing.

Oil & war.

Thread Information