Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Stock geeks: My NIA type pick for the next while

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Yah I'll prolly be up for demo dickin on there, I been just paper trading like a rube lately. started fresh for November. 9.3% return as of this second, so far.

Long 5k AMRN @ 1.01 wooo
    Long 500 FRPT @ 18.36 booo
    Long 1500 LINC @ 3.03
    and Long WWE 1k starter at 13.03 :/

and LONG 5 cars /ES (mini obv) 2062.50
    Was playing US/JPN binaries last night. The data feed died around 2:30-4:30am. I am sooo fucking sick.

So the Chart just explodes to upside. I park a bunch of orders WAY under market at various strikes under the then current level

The strategy was that some idiot leaves his orders up while trying to nuke out the feed problem and the market comes back and I get filled. It fucking worked!!!!! I made $1000.

Edit: just occurs to me I shoulda done a screenshot. But I didn't know how it would work out.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    haha slick.

Load Metric
    I'll tell you one thing that kinda creeped me out about Nadex.

I did a demo account to get the look & feel. Studied some videos & trading strategy stuff.

I get a call from Nadex asking when I will be funding my account. The account rep was professional and was surveying me about the site and such.

But why would an exchange fucking care when I was funding an account? Felt like a creepy poker site experience.

They are listed and all that other good stuff but it stuck with me.

Reminded me of the Flash Boys book as they started their new exchange.

Druff posted the Terrence Chan video, which I loved. Chan did a podcast where he interviewed a buddy who was a PStars pro who dropped out & took up trading and ultimately started his own hedge fund. That podcast resonated with me. Many ways to get your gamble on.

I gotta find that link.

Comments

Prodigal son: Nadex rep
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-24-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Load Metric
    Yeah I used to get emails and the odd call from eToro when I first gave forex a shot 4-5 years ago.

Load Metric
    This Nadex Binaries thing was a strategy to get my college kid to follow the markets. He kinda thinks school is just a ticket he has to get punched. Pays more attention to his baseball.

So I give him $250 to trade.

He got popped today in a lecture playing with his phone. The TA asks him if he's playing poker on phone.

"No, sir. I am long the US500 2 contracts."

Class spends 5 minutes talking about this.

Fucking gold.

Load Metric
    Chaps has too much pride to ask but will you adopt him he needs a father figure

Load Metric
    Chaps did some prop trading. Someday he might tell us some stories in a shoots vid.

Prop traders are the sickest, most unique & interesting guys you will ever meet. The floor is usual charged with madness & wild mood swings.

Genius quant types, sick gamblers & everything in between.

Pressure, huge margin money and a bunch of animals. There are always stories.

The difference between poker & trading in a group is that poker players try to mask their emotions. Prop traders act out their emotions - usually on each other.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-24-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I'll tell you one thing that kinda creeped me out about Nadex.

I did a demo account to get the look & feel. Studied some videos & trading strategy stuff.

I get a call from Nadex asking when I will be funding my account. The account rep was professional and was surveying me about the site and such.

But why would an exchange fucking care when I was funding an account? Felt like a creepy poker site experience.

They are listed and all that other good stuff but it stuck with me.

Reminded me of the Flash Boys book as they started their new exchange.

Druff posted the Terrence Chan video, which I loved. Chan did a podcast where he interviewed a buddy who was a PStars pro who dropped out & took up trading and ultimately started his own hedge fund. That podcast resonated with me. Many ways to get your gamble on.

I gotta find that link.
    Found it.

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/f/a/b/fab6...0e4df0c09b9d31

Load Metric
    Stock geeks. What's going to happen at the OPEC meetings this week?

Will the cartel agree on production cuts? Or will they bicker and drive oil prices even lower?

At some point here, the pendulum has to swing, and I would like to buy low sell high. Please advise.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Stock geeks. What's going to happen at the OPEC meetings this week?

Will the cartel agree on production cuts? Or will they bicker and drive oil prices even lower?

At some point here, the pendulum has to swing, and I would like to buy low sell high. Please advise.
    Drive the price so low it is uneconomical for competition. Kill fracking in US & Canada, for instance.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  37.4 KB

After many painful lessons, I have learned not to try to guess a bottom. Wait for it to reverse and prove itself. There is plenty of room to run to upside if it does reverse.

Yeah, you feel like you are giving up some profit but you will preserve your bankroll by removing some risk.

Maybe let it climb over $78 again.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-25-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Load Metric
    Simpdog, I don't know if you are looking to Heeb it up or just looking to invest a little.

99% of all this bullshit will disappear once cops are outfitted with body cameras.

Jurisdictions that have bought them from companies like Taser see complaints against the police drop to near zero.

Officer Wilson's troubles aren't over unless he flees to Ensaneda. Good riddance.
    I traded it today. It's up a buck. Nice chart. I am letting some run longer.

They are the stun gun people of course. But they prolly have huge growth in the body cameras for cops.

Now I am suspicious of any company doing cameras - like GPRO. Cameras are a commodity IMO.

However, Taser has experience & trusted name selling to municipalities which is a complicated sale.

The biggest added value is the video streaming to Taser's cloud service. Taser charges a monthly fee for cloud. Boom, beautiful recurring revenue. Once the purchase is made, governemnts often start allowing sole source buying for ever after. They never leave.

Finally, I realize I post too much stock shit lately. This forum might not be the place for this. It is just another gamble. Even the Amaya posts get little interest even though it is a fucking poker stock. I dunno.

I'll shut it down if you guys want.

Comments

simpdog: dont stop stock talk
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-25-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Keep posting the picks. I enjoy reading it

Load Metric
    Simpdog, I don't know if you are looking to Heeb it up or just looking to invest a little.

99% of all this bullshit will disappear once cops are outfitted with body cameras.

Jurisdictions that have bought them from companies like Taser see complaints against the police drop to near zero.

Officer Wilson's troubles aren't over unless he flees to Ensaneda. Good riddance.

They are the stun gun people of course. But they prolly have huge growth in the body cameras for cops.

Now I am suspicious of any company doing cameras - like GPRO. Cameras are a commodity IMO.

However, Taser has experience & trusted name selling to municipalities which is a complicated sale.

The biggest added value is the video streaming to Taser's cloud service. Taser charges a monthly fee for cloud. Boom, beautiful recurring revenue. Once the purchase is made, governemnts often start allowing sole source buying for ever after. They never leave.

Finally, I realize I post too much stock shit lately. This forum might not be the place for this. It is just another gamble. Even the Amaya posts get little interest even though it is a fucking poker stock. I dunno.

I'll shut it down if you guys want.
    Heebed it up via sports, need to put some away in sold investments now.

In Amaya now, will take a closer look at Taser.

Also sprinkled some in oil to start. I'm fine if it dips even more than comes back 5 yrs later. This is a longer term move.

Load Metric
    Official SHORT TERM SWING RECOMMENDATION

CANF (AMEX)

I like how its acting above 4 here, could make another push/PUMP. I just hammered it in the ole lol paper acct @ 4.14.

Volume out of nowhere last week off the 52 wk low double tap @ 2.29.

Tight stops and aggressive targets nah miggas.

Load Metric
    No shit, 4 minutes after I hit 4.15s (thought it gave me .14s, guess they upgraded the paper trading, no more lol "fills"), we get a spike in volume and hit 4.30 briefly. lol sorry guys might not get that price again til its too late

Load Metric

Taser - TASR

Up $1.50 more or less. It launched into a breakout.

Went nuts this morning.

Glad I kept some cause you never had a shot this morning.

Credit being given to Ferguson. But that is just a catalyst for a good chart with a ton or shorts who are gonna be buying to keep from getting ass-raped. This is the magic ingredient.

This will be fun to watch.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  226.7 KB

Load Metric
    oh man that looks nice. forgot all about TASR.

Im watching NQ for another test at 7.50, doesn't look hella promising. Just had a volume spike but came up well short and volume immed faded next candle.

edit: MCOX on watch. Really wish I knew what lvl2 looked like on that one. Chart looks like there might be big fat offers at 4 even. Anyone able to confirm this?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Official SHORT TERM SWING RECOMMENDATION

CANF (AMEX)

I like how its acting above 4 here, could make another push/PUMP. I just hammered it in the ole lol paper acct @ 4.14.

Volume out of nowhere last week off the 52 wk low double tap @ 2.29.

Tight stops and aggressive targets nah miggas.

Late day spike. Got into the 4.40s for a minute there.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    aight san (and shit chaps didn't know you were a daytrader too), since you guys seem to follow this shit closely figured id asked your unbiased opinions.

what are your thoughts on selling options outright, not covered or anything like that...learned it because of an ex-boss of mine who blew up the book I worked for...fucker was supposed to have a fairly low amount of risk, but on average he'd be short $200-250K of theta per day...to me felt like playing somebody with 4 cards in Omaha when they had 5 and position...

anyway, I thought being short that much theta was stupid so I thought I'd start selling options and being long theta and at least having that going with me...

I focus on the weeklys because that's obviously the best short strategy because your theta burn is so great...I try to strangle the stuff I trade so that I can get the most bang for my margin dollars and stop myself out when I lose 100%...

I know the risk is obviously a position slamming against me so I'm still trying to figure out how to combat that, but I've been doing pretty good with it for the past 15 months...
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 11-26-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Load Metric
    I am a complete options idiot. Me paper trading options = "yeah, i think this is well above $x on or before x date, I'll buy calls" and same in reverse for puts. Very very elementary approach haha. Meh, seems to work OK.

Thread Information