Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Dog, I wanna keep it. Thoughts?

Load Metric

Lost Dog, I wanna keep it. Thoughts?

So this dog has been hangin around all day. Hes fuckin cute. No collar or other identifying marks. Gonna call the humane society in the am and look for a chip and have them take a pic in case the owners are looking. A part of me wants to say fuck it and keep the little bastard.

Noose/jager post. Discuss
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

nunbeater: daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

Hockey Guy: Cute dog.

RichardBrodiesCombover.: Boston Terrier rep

SrslySirius: I love dahgs

Gordman: Cute dog. I know you'll do the right thing

big dick: awesome dog

garrett: too cute to leave lost

adamantium:

sonatine: shut up garrett

Load Metric
    That's how we got our second dog, a miniature american eskimo. He just showed up on our doorstep one afternoon & we found out who's dog it was & since she had just gotten it the day before & he didn't get along with her older dog so she put him in her backyard & he escaped. We offered to take him & the rest is history.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Ok so someone says its a Boston terrier. Thank fuck for this site. I was wondering what he was. IS that the general consensus?

Comments

Hockey Guy: Yup

Same thing happened to me last year. The dog was a Beagle and I ended up keeping him. He didn't have a collar but he did have a micro chip that was never activated. I put up a bunch of " Dog Found" posters and went to the local Humane Society to check if anyone reported a lost Beagle. No one ever claimed him so I just kept him. I was always curious as to why no one came to claim him tho.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaCow View Post
    Ok so someone says its a Boston terrier. Thank fuck for this site. I was wondering what he was. IS that the general consensus?
    Def a Boston Terrier

Load Metric
    Go the Humane Society, have them check for a chip and take a picture. Put a few flyers up in your neighborhood if you have a printer. The owner most likely lives right near you. Also, go to your local Craigslist, Community - Pets forum. Look for any lost pet posts and make a found pet post.

If you do that, I think that you are ethically in the clear to keep it. If I found a dog and didn't do that stuff, I would feel bad that I might have stolen some little kid's dog.

If you keep it, you need to take it to the vet soon and get a checkup. I'm sure they have a whole "found pet" protocol.

Comments

Henry: spot on

BUBBLES: yep

WillieMcFML:

Belly Buster: fair

Load Metric
    I wont lie. Theres alot of hippies and colored folk in my neighborhood. Obv are unfit caretakers. I will do the humane society thing but that's about it. If they don't come lookin for him hes mine. Thoughts on names?

Comments

bukowski72: Put up a few pics in the neighborhood. Cmon guy. Someone might be really miising him.

WillieMcFML: name = lil yebby

Load Metric
    Boston Terriers are awesome, and most are smart as hell. They do fart a lot though...lol You would think there is definitely someone out there looking for that little guy. Crazy he doesn't have a collar.

Load Metric
    I wont lie. Theres alot of hippies and colored folk in my neighborhood. Obv are unfit caretakers. I will do the humane society thing but that's about it. If they don't come lookin for him hes mine. Thoughts on names?
    Bugsy.

Load Metric
    Jameek or Shanequa

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So this dog has been hangin around all day. Hes fuckin cute. No collar or other identifying marks. Gonna call the humane society in the am and look for a chip and have them take a pic in case the owners are looking. A part of me wants to say fuck it and keep the little bastard.

Noose/jager post. Discuss

Check for chip first as you are intending. Odds are pretty good that if you are insta-attached to this dog, that there is probably some truly heartbroken owners out there desperately looking and hoping the little guy comes back; he looks like a nice dog. If no chip, no one claims, etc etc...obv go for it. Be ready though if someone in the future comes forward with solid proof. This happened to me once when I was younger...I was pretty sad, but at the same time was happy that the little guy found his true owners because it was definitely obvious in the reunion.

Load Metric
    Obv I will give the dog back if an owner comes forward. I am contacting the pound/humane society. That's the first place a lost dog owner would go. Unless they are an idiot, in which case they deserve to lose him. Im debating on calling him tank if hes not claimed.

Comments

Gordman: Good deal

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Def have him checked for a chip and good man for trying to get him back to his owner. Dog might be some kids pet and if so the kid is probably traumatized right now. If the kid doesn't get the dog back it could cause a life spiral with the kid growing up to be an all fucked up 408 type of person. And we cant be having any of that.

Load Metric
    One day your 12 years old playing with your dog next thing you know he's gone you're 30 high on meth in the deli section

Comments

vegas1369: Sounds legit.

Load Metric
    Searched high and low for GrandpaEgg's 'Hey Man' dog pic and blanked. Anyone haz it?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Friend of mine has 2 boston terriers, they are really good dogs and also hilarious when they play fight. I'm guessing someone is 100% looking for the dog you found but if it turns out otherwise you definitely scored a keeper.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    When it comes to dogs I have sensitive side so I'd say contact the humane society and let them know the situation that he's lost, you find him cute, and if the owner don't come forward you want to keep him. The thing is I would hate any owner to lose their pet if it happened on accident where he got away cause you wouldn't want to lose your dog either, however, him not having tags looks like the owner might be a retard who don't deserve a pet unless their is a legit reason why he don't have one on him.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'll bet there's no chip. Not a dog person myself but who would chip their dog but not put a collar on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    I'll bet there's no chip. Not a dog person myself but who would chip their dog but not put a collar on?
    Dogs can pull themselves out of their collars & escape if they're not tight enough or it was put in the back yard without & somehow escaped.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Dogs can pull themselves out of their collars & escape if they're not tight enough or it was put in the back yard without & somehow escaped.

By the looks of this one, he's a pure bred that got off the puppy farm or was recently sold (age-wise) and the new owner didn't know he had a runner on his hands.

Thread Information