Page 82 of 225 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 4495

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Post dumb/random things thread

Load Metric
    Tyde: pull your head out of your ass and pluck out all the red hairs before noosing

Wiganer: She didn't indicate correctly and now she's dead

Im more than willing to have a good debate with you gentlemen.

Please indicate where you feel I am incorrect.

Load Metric
    And before any of you want to debate me...

She was legally pulled over for not signaling.
    when the cop approached her, he has every right to ask her to put out that cigarette (its a lit stick and considered a weapon), and when she refuses, he has every right to tell her to get out of the car (cop is now dealing with someone who is non compliant, and could potentially try to injure him). She was actually just getting a warning from the cop, but her mouth caused issues which led to her getting arrested.

What he could have done is tried to calm her down, but he doesnt HAVE to go out of his way to calm her down, and she was being, essentially, a confrontational bitch.

She didnt listen to orders, and he was within his right to do everything he did. She was 100% at fault.

There is also a video (I didnt watch it though) that shows her being led into her cell and no one went into it after that. They will likely do an autopsy to determine how she died. She likely hung herself, but no results yet.

She was asked, upon booking, if she ever considered taking her own life and she wrote down that YES, she has tried to kill herself before, just a few years ago.

Feel free to argue with any of my points.

Comments

incognito81: chimps being chimps

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

when the cop approached her, he has every right to ask her to put out that cigarette (its a lit stick and considered a weapon), and when she refuses, he has every right to tell her to get out of the car (cop is now dealing with someone who is non compliant, and could potentially try to injure him). She was actually just getting a warning from the cop, but her mouth caused issues which led to her getting arrested.

What he could have done is tried to calm her down, but he doesnt HAVE to go out of his way to calm her down, and she was being, essentially, a confrontational bitch.

She didnt listen to orders, and he was within his right to do everything he did. She was 100% at fault.

There is also a video (I didnt watch it though) that shows her being led into her cell and no one went into it after that. They will likely do an autopsy to determine how she died. She likely hung herself, but no results yet.

She was asked, upon booking, if she ever considered taking her own life and she wrote down that YES, she has tried to kill herself before, just a few years ago.

Was listening to NPR today and they brought on an ex-cop who now teaches at a law school. He basically said that as far as he knows there is nothing that says she had to put out the cigarette. The cop has no legal right to make her put out her cigarette in her own car, just like I wouldn't have the right to make you do that. He went on to say that where she messed up was by refusing to comply with the officer to get out of the car, because as you said, the officer has the right to make you exit the vehicle.

This right for an officer to make you exit your car under any circumstances arose out of the need of officer safety when pulling over cars in dark areas with darkly tinted windows so that they don't have to approach the car without seeing the drivers hands. It is their right, but obviously this is just another instance of them abusing their rights. He obviously didn't need her to exit the vehicle because he feared she might have a gun waiting on him when he approached the car.

She was not arrested for her mouth. Again, the ex-cop they brought on the radio said that she can basically say whatever she wants to the cop. It's protected by our freedom of speech. Technically, she was arrested for refusing to exit the vehicle, but we all know that's not what this was all about. It was about him being a punk. Was she stupid for mouthing off? Yes, but I can understand the frustration after being pulled over for failure to signal a lane change. That's just complete bullshit and is selectively enforced all the time. Lot's of people don't even use their blinkers when making turns in front of cops and never get pulled over.

There was no real reason for her to need to exit the vehicle. Had she exited the vehicle when asked, then there would have been no grounds for an arrest. At most the cop would have been able to give her a ticket. The cop obviously escalated the situation and caused what happened to happen. I'm sure if she would have exited the vehicle as asked he would have found some other reason to arrest her. Why did he take her out of the range of the dash camera in the first place? I'm sure he would have done that no matter what and lied saying she tried to assault him while off camera or something. His word vs hers, where is that going to land her? Jail. If you can't see that and are so blind you side with him you are complete brain washed idiot.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post

Was listening to NPR today and they brought on an ex-cop who now teaches at a law school. He basically said that as far as he knows there is nothing that says she had to put out the cigarette. The cop has no legal right to make her put out her cigarette in her own car, just like I wouldn't have the right to make you do that. He went on to say that where she messed up was by refusing to comply with the officer to get out of the car, because as you said, the officer has the right to make you exit the vehicle.

This right for an officer to make you exit your car under any circumstances arose out of the need of officer safety when pulling over cars in dark areas with darkly tinted windows so that they don't have to approach the car without seeing the drivers hands. It is their right, but obviously this is just another instance of them abusing their rights. He obviously didn't need her to exit the vehicle because he feared she might have a gun waiting on him when he approached the car.

She was not arrested for her mouth. Again, the ex-cop they brought on the radio said that she can basically say whatever she wants to the cop. It's protected by our freedom of speech. Technically, she was arrested for refusing to exit the vehicle, but we all know that's not what this was all about. It was about him being a punk. Was she stupid for mouthing off? Yes, but I can understand the frustration after being pulled over for failure to signal a lane change. That's just complete bullshit and is selectively enforced all the time. Lot's of people don't even use their blinkers when making turns in front of cops and never get pulled over.

There was no real reason for her to need to exit the vehicle. Had she exited the vehicle when asked, then there would have been no grounds for an arrest. At most the cop would have been able to give her a ticket. The cop obviously escalated the situation and caused what happened to happen. I'm sure if she would have exited the vehicle as asked he would have found some other reason to arrest her. Why did he take her out of the range of the dash camera in the first place? I'm sure he would have done that no matter what and lied saying she tried to assault him while off camera or something. His word vs hers, where is that going to land her? Jail. If you can't see that and are so blind you side with him you are complete brain washed idiot.
    My cop said the cig can harm them, so they can ask her to put it away. He has asked people to do that 100s of times. It can be perceived as something that can do harm to an officer. He politely asked her to get rid of it (for his safety) and she refused. He can then tell her to get out of the car. Is he a dick for doing that?....debatable. If she wants to say fuck you to him, this is his fuck you back to her. He can do it. And did.

Yes, there was a reason for her to exit the vehicle. He was within his right to tell her to get out once she didnt comply. He can now search her for more weapons to ensure his safety. He took her away from moving vehicles. Was it out of range of the camera? Yes. Can he do that? Yes. If people dont like that, petition to have that changed. For both of their safety, he moved her away from the street. Am I blind to that? No. Could he possibly slap her around a bit there? sure. Could she have just listened to him and drove off with a warning? sure. Hypothetical discussion. Nothing he did was wrong or illegal. She doesnt go to jail if she shuts her mouth and obeys an officer trying to give her a warning. Off camera, it certainly sounds like she is resisting and being a pain in the ass. If he tells her to do something, and she just stands there and obeys, we would probably hear silence.

There isnt really a way to argue against this to say he did something wrong. You can only petition to have things changed if you dont like them. He was within his right to do everything he did. Selectively enforced?....sure. So? Did she do something wrong? Yes. He can pull her over. There is a law against that. Is your argument, "Hey!...you didnt pull my cousin Phil over when he did that!" ? She violated the law and he COULD have given her a ticket. He was being selectively nice.

Load Metric
    If you dont think there are TONS of laws written that give officers some grey areas to work with, you're fucking nuts.

Banned
    Load Metric
    If you dont think there are TONS of laws written that give officers some grey areas to work with, you're fucking nuts.
    The chalk of a great mental gymnastics routine.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I do realize that and the fact that you think it's completely OK for them to use those grey areas to be complete punks makes you fucking nuts. They aren't protecting the public interests at all. They use them to stroke their own egos and fuel their macho rage.

Comments

DRK Star: Are you saying THEY as if ALL police use the gray areas to stroke their egos?....

Load Metric
    Give me a break...He did not abuse his power. He had every right to tell her to put her cig out, and she essentially said fuck you. He can then tell her to get out of the car, which again she didnt do. I wish he would have tased her.

Its assholes like her who dont comply that make the police sick of their jobs, and cause them undue stress, which leads to potential problems in the future (good cops quitting, or cops being ultra sensitive). I dont want shitty officers out there. I want cops who know the law, and help protect me from assholes and people that are pains in the ass.

If that woman spoke to you like that at your work, are you going to tell me you would handle it by calmly asking her to refrain from profanity? Hell no. If its your right to do something to her, you absolutely would.

fuck her.

the cop handled things very professionally...she didnt.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

4Dragons: he looks like a ballsack rep

Indyrick: the slow mo explosion is great

MumblesBadly: A timely response to the angry jabbering about you know what

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    The cops were well within their rights to shoot any twat that wears a baseball cap back to front, eh Derk?

Comments

DRK Star: Seriously?....thats your logic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    What happened in that video?

And please dont tell me THE COPS SHOT AN UNARMED MAN.

Why were they engaging those people? Was there a report out that they did something?

Were those people known to be carrying weapons?

Did the police ask them to put their hands up? Did they? Did they keep them up? Were they acting very suspicious? Did the officer have any reason to feel that they werent compliant and could possibly have a weapon?

I cant hear what happened, nor do I know the answers to those questions above.

I need facts.

Load Metric
    What happened in that video?

And please dont tell me THE COPS SHOT AN UNARMED MAN.

Why were they engaging those people? Was there a report out that they did something?

Were those people known to be carrying weapons?

Did the police ask them to put their hands up? Did they? Did they keep them up? Were they acting very suspicious? Did the officer have any reason to feel that they werent compliant and could possibly have a weapon?

I cant hear what happened, nor do I know the answers to those questions above.

I need facts.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33545655

Cost the taxpayers of Gardena California $4.7M

Comments

DRK Star: doesnt really help...If they are settling for 4.7mil, there must have been something to prove they fucked up

Load Metric
    Name:  Pa6TZNC.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  104.1 KB

Load Metric

Load Metric
    is that even the real voice actors? jesus... i miss when funny smart shit was considered too highbrow to jump sharks.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Suicide: Sandra Bland's autopsy concludes death by hanging and also reveals 30 healing cuts on her wrist, large amounts of marijuana in her blood and NO signs she was attacked or murdered in jail

Load Metric
    Suicide: Sandra Bland's autopsy concludes death by hanging and also reveals 30 healing cuts on her wrist, large amounts of marijuana in her blood and NO signs she was attacked or murdered in jail
    Net result is the same, girl died because she didn't signal properly. So how much do you think the payout will be by the city for not protecting a prisoner in jail?

Thread Information