Thread: Oops! Star of CNBC Reality Show about sportsbetting expert is a scammer & fraud

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Oops! Star of CNBC Reality Show about sportsbetting expert is a scammer & fraud

Meet "Steve Stevens", whose real name is Darin Notaro.

Here is a split-screen picture of "Steve Stevens" and Darin Notaro, clearly the same person:

He will be in a CNBC Reality Show called "Money Talks", starting in September.

Here is "Stevens" in a promotion for his business:

Steve Stevens owns "VIP Sports", which laughably claims a 70% win rate on the NFL. Aside from this being nearly impossible (this article claims you have a 1-in-a-trillion chance of doing this over 1,000 picks), it turns out that Notaro has an ugly police record.

Notaro has been arrested and convicted in telemarketing scams going back to 1999. He was sentenced to a year in prison at age 25 for a scheme that "bilked elderly citizens across the nation out of at least $234,000," according to the Las Vegas Sun: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/1999...am-of-elderly/

CNBC actually admitted to knowing about his 1999 conviction! A spokesman said this:

We are aware of Steve Stevens’ 1999 conviction and while we are very clear in the press release that VIP Sports clients risk big dollars in the hopes that Stevens and his agents have the expertise to consistently deliver winners, viewers should tune in on September 10th at 10pm ET/PT to draw their own conclusions about VIP Sports. We are merely betting that viewers will be interested in the world of touts and handicappers and in no way endorse either Stevens’ picks or his business model.
    So basically they are trying to say that they are just showing Stevens' business and letting the viewers decide if he's legit or not. Lame excuse. This guy is just a scammer, and not even a legitimate or semi-legitimate tout.

Nobody in the Vegas sportsbetting world, including Haralabob Voulgaris, has heard of Stevens before.

Full article:

http://www.businessinsider.com/cnbc-...r-fraud-2013-7

Load Metric
    I have a hard time believing that they knew, I can't prove it, but I think they are just back tracking.
    I could see if it was some famous person, but why would you hire a completely unknown person w/ something like that on his record?
    I don't care how long ago it is, people that scam like that are incorrigible IMO.

He obviously has experience for his current job.

Load Metric
    Like Druff said 70% is laughable. I ran like God one year and was 65% for the NFL season, and I could never duplicate that again.

Lets be nieve and say we believe hes 71.5% like it says. If he was he would never in a million years say 69-70%. He would know exactly 71.5% and would never undersell himself if it were true. If Cmoney didnt exist i'd say its impossible to hit 70% for a whole season.

Lets be nieve again and assume he really does hit 70% winners. Would he be picking up a phone and hustling people for money. When Dr Bob had his amazing year I forget the % the oddsmakers were moving the lines with his picks.

These guys piss me off because this is what the average gamblers think all touts are. Yes theres a ton of these scammers but theres still a handfull of good ones that make me money.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Almost every guest on CNBC is a liar. From the analysts to the CEO's. They don't care.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This guy definitely sounds like a scum but most sportsbetting pick shills are and a majority lie about their win rate. 70% is impossible unless he has resources to find those one or two college game lines that are extremely off in mid major conferences but even those aren't going to net you that kind of win rate over time.

I will still watch the pilot at least just to see how they make this industry appear.

Load Metric
    I prefer this Steve Stevens:

(•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Like Druff said 70% is laughable. I ran like God one year and was 65% for the NFL season, and I could never duplicate that again.

Lets be nieve and say we believe hes 71.5% like it says. If he was he would never in a million years say 69-70%. He would know exactly 71.5% and would never undersell himself if it were true. If Cmoney didnt exist i'd say its impossible to hit 70% for a whole season.

Lets be nieve again and assume he really does hit 70% winners. Would he be picking up a phone and hustling people for money. When Dr Bob had his amazing year I forget the % the oddsmakers were moving the lines with his picks.

These guys piss me off because this is what the average gamblers think all touts are. Yes theres a ton of these scammers but theres still a handfull of good ones that make me money.
    I ran over 95 percent over 2 seasons (100 percent last season) - what are odds of 18-1-1 (goldfarb)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If anyone wants to see this scum bag in action this show premiers tonight at 9pm EST.

The only reason I want to check it out is to see what will likely be bad editing and how they make the industry come off.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The old video for his business has been removed.

Thread Information