Thread: Test your knowledge of MLB's rulebook.

Load Metric

Test your knowledge of MLB's rulebook.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/quiz...know-mlb-rules

i only got 4/10. probably could have guessed better.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I watch a lot of baseball and these are some crazy scenarios so whoever wrote this up has a very creative mind.

I did get 6 out of 10 which a few I felt strong about and the rest were just pure guesses.

Load Metric
    5/10 guess i shouldnt write that since other's will take test

Load Metric
    I got 9 out of 10. I've had some of those happen while I was umpiring. FTR, I got some of them wrong during the game & only got them right in the quiz because I looked them up afterwards & it's pretty hard to forget shit when you know you fucked it up.

Did anyone get question 10 about catcher interference correct. That one is absolutely mind boggling to me.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Didn't understand a fucking word

4/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    8/10 Both my teenage boys umpire Little League games so I will let them take the quiz also.

Load Metric
    8 out of 10....i umpired little league baseball one season (and that was a lifetime's worth for me)
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    8 out of 10....i umpired little league baseball one season (and that was a lifetime's worth for me)
    I dont care what anyone umpired I played ball for 20 yrs of my life and half of this shit no one knows!! Stop with the umpiring bullshit!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I got 9 out of 10. I've had some of those happen while I was umpiring. FTR, I got some of them wrong during the game & only got them right in the quiz because I looked them up afterwards & it's pretty hard to forget shit when you know you fucked it up.

Did anyone get question 10 about catcher interference correct. That one is absolutely mind boggling to me.
    I dont believe this Hockey. u had to guess on some of those. U could ump 10,000 games and these things wouldn't pop up the bunt yes I knew that but anything else gtfo!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    I dont care what anyone umpired I played ball for 20 yrs of my life and half of this shit no one knows!! Stop with the umpiring bullshit!!

there there little BadGuy, don't be angry, no one is trying to show you up....

i agree baseball has a lot of obscure rules, but many of the events in the quiz happen in games...hockey and me are merely explaining why our scores were relatively high compared to other posters....

if there were a quiz on restaurant scamming i am sure you would top all due to your hands on experience.

Comments

badguy23: No doubt. But these scenarios aren't on the ump test Grenada. Anyone who got the Puljos ? right is lying unless they guessed or thought it was a trick ?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Grenada I wrote the book on that so I can't take the test!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I dont believe this Hockey. u had to guess on some of those. U could ump 10,000 games and these things wouldn't pop up the bunt yes I knew that but anything else gtfo!!
    I didn't guess at any of them & when I was done I thought I had them all. I umpired for 10 years & some of these actually happened to me including the Pujols one. I got it wrong on the field & called the runner out if that's any consolation. I'll never get that wrong again. Also had the player diving into the stands/dugout in foul territory after a catch(got that right on the field), the manager coming back to the mound(got it wrong on the field & had to apologize to the manager afterwards) & the balk one happens quite often so I obviously got that right. Now that I think about the balk rule the catcher interference rule makes more sense.

I also had a variation of the baserunner being shoved back to the bag but this was done by a third base coach & I correctly called the runner out. He at first denied touching the runner but insisted I was wrong anyway & I looked it up after the game to show him. It was when I looked this up that I found out a legal baserunner can have contact with the lead runner but cannot pass him or they are out. I knew the part about passing the lead runner but may have gotten this question wrong if I hadn't had this incident happen.

The one about the home run being nullified because the runner missed second is a question on most exams, it's just worded differently.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Didn't understand a fucking word

4/10
    So being from outside North America you don't know much baseball and just guessed and got 4? I understood every word and only got 3? Of course all the rules covered are counterintuitive.

They should do one of these for football, it would be even harder.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information