Thread: Today I became a "REAL MAN"

Banned
    Load Metric

Today I became a "REAL MAN"

Picked this up at a bank auction Saturday

40 years old only 18000 hours, came with forklift forks, a bucket, huge snow plow.

Name:  0521171942a.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  1.14 MB

Farm fresh

Name:  0521171905.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  705.3 KB

OH and ICE COLD AC

Name:  0521171905a.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  556.5 KB

Comments

ToasterOven:

gauchojake: Ice cold AC

FPS_Russia: Wow @ ice cold AC

Suicide King: Solid

Sanlmar: The_Lurker is god with the pictures

Load Metric
    careful where you sit you could catch gonorrhea on that thing

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    careful where you sit you could catch gonorrhea on that thing
    Probably worse, it is pretty skanky inside, but I swear I am going to get HAF and drive it into town and park it in front of the bar.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    It seems wasteful to spend money on this right after you got your backhoe back up and running.

Name:  ChNlFVS.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  208.7 KB

Comments

The_Lurker: you made me laugh

Load Metric
    Lurker, what did you do for a living before you went off the reservation?

I really am not mechanical. I can do shit but I make a production out of everything. I am not a natural with tools.

One of my favorite expressions is "tool user".

"He's a tool user." I often use it in a dismissive fashion. You hire tool users. Engineers are tool users. They are cogs you hire and they allow you to make money.

I have a guy on staff who is a tool user. He is amazing - electrical, plumbing, mechanical and control work. Nothing he can't do. Fast and no nonsense. Cranky fuck. Regards us as all as idiots - likely to break something he has to fix later. Give him a job and leave him alone.

Guy's name is Phil. I often take a sharpie pen and bury "Phil is god" somewhere in the system. Under a cover, for instance.

When I order parts for him online - in the first name field I will enter stuff like "the great & exalted Philster". UPS guy cracks up and our company has a few laughs.

Other tool users: I know the value of contractors. I preach to my people "take care of your contractors". When they give you their slip for their work ask them to throw an extra couple of hours on it. Buy them coffee or lunch. Pay their bills upon receipt (fast). When you are in a pickle they will respond. Don't be a Jew.

As opposed to the khaki pants and white shirt crowd, contractors have a potential to be successful & wealthy entrepreneurs.

My relationship with tool users is complicated. Dismissive but there is respect. I'm an ass.

You buy an old tractor like that and you gotta be a tool user. Hydraulics, all kinds of mechanical shit will fail and you can't exactly afford to hire someone to service it. It's not something Druff or I could ever buy.

Just a ramble.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Lurker, what did you do for a living before you went off the reservation?

I really am not mechanical. I can do shit but I make a production out of everything. I am not a natural with tools.

One of my favorite expressions is "tool user".

"He's a tool user." I often use it in a dismissive fashion. You hire tool users. Engineers are tool users. They are cogs you hire and they allow you to make money.

I have a guy on staff who is a tool user. He is amazing - electrical, plumbing, mechanical and control work. Nothing he can't do. Fast and no nonsense. Cranky fuck. Regards us as all as idiots - likely to break something he has to fix later. Give him a job and leave him alone.

Guy's name is Phil. I often take a sharpie pen and bury "Phil is god" somewhere in the system. Under a cover, for instance.

When I order parts for him online - in the first name field I will enter stuff like "the great & exalted Philster". UPS guy cracks up and our company has a few laughs.

Other tool users: I know the value of contractors. I preach to my people "take care of your contractors". When they give you their slip for their work ask them to throw an extra couple of hours on it. Buy them coffee or lunch. Pay their bills upon receipt (fast). When you are in a pickle they will respond. Don't be a Jew.

As opposed to the khaki pants and white shirt crowd, contractors have a potential to be successful & wealthy entrepreneurs.

My relationship with tool users is complicated. Dismissive but there is respect. I'm an ass.

You buy an old tractor like that and you gotta be a tool user. Hydraulics, all kinds of mechanical shit will fail and you can't exactly afford to hire someone to service it. It's not something Druff or I could ever buy.

Just a ramble.

Home builder all my adult life.

My grandfather taught me not to be afraid of anything mechanical. "Son you are smarter than every man in this town making his living as a mechanic, so never give a mechanic money unless your time is worth more than his shop rate."

I also have been restoring antique motorcycles (pre WW2) for the last 25 years.

So to answer your question, yes I am a "tool user"

I only paid $5500 for it with all its implements, and it is a fresh documented rebuild. I honestly only bid on it as a snow mover, and if it blew up next week I would laugh.

I think it fits my new "pothead hippy in Montana" persona

Plus we have a wonderful byproduct of our getting off the treadmill of life, our monthly nut is less than 20% of our current income. and I honestly don't see that changing anytime soon.

That being said I honestly believe wrenchjockey is smarter than me.
    Last edited by The_Lurker; 05-22-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post

OH and ICE COLD AC

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker
    So you're in Montana now?

I thought you were in New Mexico. In fact, when you were posting those pics from your house in New Mexico, the IP did indeed resolve there.

Anyway, yeah, I just checked this IP, and indeed it resolves to Montana.

So what happened to the New Mexico place? Are you still with the same woman?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker
    So you're in Montana now?

I thought you were in New Mexico. In fact, when you were posting those pics from your house in New Mexico, the IP did indeed resolve there.

Anyway, yeah, I just checked this IP, and indeed it resolves to Montana.

So what happened to the New Mexico place? Are you still with the same woman?

Your memory is starting to fade Todd. https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...fe-trip-report All the pictures I posted were from Montana. we have been here almost a year. I still have the house in Ruidoso NM. It is more of a vacation place. Yes Cat and I are still together, she is officially cancer free, and most of the chemo side affects have seemed to have subsided. The Montana house is finished we finally added the second batch of solar panels, and disconnected from the power pole last month.

We have had more than enough power.

There are places to park about 12 vehicles indoors, but the closest place to the house is about 300 ft away, so I started to build a place to park the "go to town" cars last week. I should be done by this weekend.

Name:  0522171210.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  1.04 MB

It is 16 x 36 and will have a 9" door on each end

Comments

MumblesBadly: Building his own buildings rep
    Last edited by The_Lurker; 05-22-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I went to the bank auction because there was a 2015 John deere skid steer. I was the high bidder on it, but the bank had a reserve that was 11k more than my bid.

Yesterday I got a call from the banker asking if I was still interested. The end result of a little negotiating (I went up 2k)

I wanted the skid steer because I want to build about a half acre fish pond to fertilize the garden.
    Name:  0523171657.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  738.9 KB

it was clean this morning

Thread Information