Thread: United Airlines ranked worst in customer satisfaction in 2012

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

United Airlines ranked worst in customer satisfaction in 2012

This is shocking, given how American Airlines pilots and maintenance staff sabotaged the airline late last year, to intentionally cause the maximum fear and inconvenience for passengers. If you remember, I actually got caught up in this back in October.

Somehow United still had more complaints in 2012.

You need flash to view the above video.

Southwest keeps ranking #1. I actually hate Southwest because they straight up stole $100 from me. I will say that they run things very efficiently, but also are very poor at handling out-of-the-ordinary situations, basically going to pieces if you bring them a problem they don't deal with on a daily basis.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I too do not like SW airlines and try not to use them whenever possible. Don't fly United much out of LAS, but have flown a lot on Alaska Airlines between LAS and Sea-TAC and also out of Sea-TAC to LAX/SFO/LAS and think that that they run a pretty good operation. I know Alaska Airlines just settled that big lawsuit regarding throwing the egyptians (I believe that was their nationality) off their flight to LAS a number of years ago but I have never had any problems with them and think they have the best coach seats (comfort wise) of any airline i've been on lately

weird. i fly united several times a month. their planes are nice, and they're usually on time. staff is great too (aside from the annoying black steward who talked loudly the entire time during a red eye flight while i was trying to sleep, which was especially annoying since i was on first class). personally, I'd rather drive than fly SWA (planes are gross and cramped and full of unwashed masses, though the staff is always nice).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I use the "400 mile rule" when deciding whether or not to fly.

If it's around 400 miles away or less, I will drive. Otherwise, I'll fly.

It's just not worth flying these days for less than 400 miles, given all the time and hassle required at the airport.

So, for example:

LA-Vegas: 300 miles, DRIVE
    LA-Phoenix: 400 miles, DRIVE
    Vegas-Phoenix: 300 miles, DRIVE
    LA-SF: 400 miles, DRIVE
    SF-Vegas: 600 miles, FLY

Load Metric
    United's merger with Continental has caused tremendous operational problems. Even the highest tier elites were getting stranded and going without help at one point. Integrating two airlines and all their various systems is not easy. Some of those systems date back to the 60s when airlines were first computerized. Separate systems for reservations, scheduling, aircraft maintenance, seat maps, flight crew work rules, frequent flyer programs, etc. It's been one huge clusterfuck.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I made the terrible mistake of budget flying when I went to Nepal, as the stretch from Germany-DC was United.

They charged for alcohol and for the 'gourmet' food (LOL) was extra as well. I was jammed between two people despite opting for an aisle seat. When I complained, they said they had to switch to a larger plane to accommodate more passengers. Had I not been completely jet-lagged I would have protested more, but...

Qatar Airways is the absolute nuts of airlines, BTW.

Load Metric
    In the annual gauchojake poll Virgin America had the hottest airline waitresses and best service. SWA was second, probably because they send me free drink tickets. United and American finished last. Probably because they have hags for waitresses and didn't ply me with any free alcohol.

Thread Information