Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox > Tigers

Load Metric
    I tuned in 9th inning. Lotta magic happening this season. Remember to thank the Dodgers on nights like the last two. It could have been another ugly year.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Magic is great but everyone knows that it's fake, tigers beat the same sort of shitty team 11-1 without the sweat.

holla

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Magic is great but everyone knows that it's fake, tigers beat the same sort of shitty team 11-1 without the sweat.

holla
    Magic last night but if you are looking for regression to the mean - RedSox have had the best record or top 5 for close to the whole season. So they are for real. They know how to win at this stage.

If you are a betting man, come playoff time it is a different setup. RedSox have a horrendous and i mean profoundly bad record against the top ten pitchers in the league. Pitching wins in the playoffs.

New acquisition Peavy is just a journeyman 4th starter type. Buchholz (9-0 and on the D/L) is the wildcard for the RedSox hopes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

holla
    Magic last night but if you are looking for regression to the mean - RedSox have had the best record or top 5 for close to the whole season. So they are for real. They know how to win at this stage.

If you are a betting man, come playoff time it is a different setup. RedSox have a horrendous and i mean profoundly bad record against the top ten pitchers in the league. Pitching wins in the playoffs.

New acquisition Peavy is just a journeyman 4th starter type. Buchholz (9-0 and on the D/L) is the wildcard for the RedSox hopes.
    he's better than a journeyman

He is at min a #3 starter and at best a #1 starter , he hasn't pitched well his last few starts but since coming to Chicago overall he has pitched well

Load Metric
    In what most analysts projected to be the weakest division in baseball, the Tigers, Indians, and Royals are all 9-1 in their last 10 games. Indians would be the 2nd wildcard right now, narrowly ahead of Baltimore and Texas.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    In what most analysts projected to be the weakest division in baseball, the Tigers, Indians, and Royals are all 9-1 in their last 10 games. Indians would be the 2nd wildcard right now, narrowly ahead of Baltimore and Texas.
    Well the analysts were wrong. NL West by almost any measure is the weakest.

Love to see Terry Francona & the Indians bink it.

Francona's book was great by the way. He stuck it to the RedSox management. Cool insight into how ownership & management operate these days. Also, a reminder as to how incestuous the hiring of coaches, managers, front office is across the league.

Also, cool how Dan Duquette, GM Orioles, wheeled and dealed the O's into a winner from the day he walked in. For me, just another indictment of the RedSox Theo Epstein nerd approach to baseball. How those Cubbies doin Theo?

I am pissing myself at the thought of Red Sox owner John Henry buying the Boston Globe. We all now it's about the media - local cable deals and all. But the Sox previously have shown no shame when it comes to marketing and lies. They have a pretty slimy front office and these guys have no restraint. They are winning in spite of themselves. Phenomenal scouting department.

Don't get me wrong. The players are an interesting bunch. Fantastic coaching choice. They are one of the best teams in baseball. Little flawed in starting rotation and thin with closers. Buchholz (9-0 & on D/L) is the margin that was needed for a deep run. Too bad the spotlight is on drug testing.

Playoffs this year are gonna be a great take across the league.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Well the analysts were wrong. NL West by almost any measure is the weakest.

Love to see Terry Francona & the Indians bink it.

Francona's book was great by the way. He stuck it to the RedSox management. Cool insight into how ownership & management operate these days. Also, a reminder as to how incestuous the hiring of coaches, managers, front office is across the league.

Also, cool how Dan Duquette, GM Orioles, wheeled and dealed the O's into a winner from the day he walked in. For me, just another indictment of the RedSox Theo Epstein nerd approach to baseball. How those Cubbies doin Theo?

I am pissing myself at the thought of Red Sox owner John Henry buying the Boston Globe. We all now it's about the media - local cable deals and all. But the Sox previously have shown no shame when it comes to marketing and lies. They have a pretty slimy front office and these guys have no restraint. They are winning in spite of themselves. Phenomenal scouting department.

Don't get me wrong. The players are an interesting bunch. Fantastic coaching choice. They are one of the best teams in baseball. Little flawed in starting rotation and thin with closers. Buchholz (9-0 & on D/L) is the margin that was needed for a deep run. Too bad the spotlight is on drug testing.

Playoffs this year are gonna be a great take across the league.

NL East?

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

ThreeBet: It is, in fact, true

BCR: 13 biggest faggot on the internet can confirm

BeerAndPoker: .200 hitter or not his bombs are always big timing.

Load Metric

I'd like to take Chris Perez's mail order weed, plastic bag and all, and shove it down his fucking throat until he asphyxiates.

Was on the golf course and didn't turn on phone until I was done, 5:30ish, and I had a message from a buddy wanting to go to the game. Didn't feel like scrambling to get up there. Also shot a 91, clownshoes round, three-putted like 8 holes. Four putted one from fringe. In that mood, the foulness I would have been hurling after blowing the lead and registering exactly 0.0 outs may have caused Perez to drag me out of the stands.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Please one time! The Tigers need Omar back!

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...list-thursday/

Banned
    Load Metric
    hai bnp when are we going to see this guy?

Name:  Bonderman.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  18.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    hai bnp when are we going to see this guy?

Name:  Bonderman.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  18.8 KB
    It appears so. I am hearing they have prepared a speech for him to "read" to the media in his return to the game so that should be entertaining.

That Evan Reed kid is pissed he's been demoted and I would be too if I was in a bullpen that still had Phil Cokehead wasting up a spot.

Comments

lewfather: TA TA TA TODAY JR, KID CAN'T EVEN READ!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    WIN AGAIN!

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index..._copy_29511443

IS THAT TRUE???

Tigers 11 wins in a row, 15 out of the last 16. Rondo was dialing it up to 103mph in relief and Bonderman pitched 3 solid innings for his first game back for the Tigers in years.

WE GOING TO THE SHIP!

Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 08-07-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    WIN AGAIN!

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index..._copy_29511443

IS THAT TRUE???

Tigers 11 wins in a row, 15 out of the last 16. Rondo was dialing it up to 103mph in relief and Bonderman pitched 3 solid innings for his first game back for the Tigers in years.

WE GOING TO THE SHIP!

KID I GOT A SICK RONDONER RIGHT NOW, 103 MULTIPLE TIMES YALL? I MEAN GTFO FAGS. GOD DAMNIT DID BONDO PITCH LIGHTS OUT, THAT SLIDE PIECE STILL VICIOUS.

LOOK AT ALL YOUR GOOK TRIBE FACES NOW!!1

LOL SCHERZER TOMORROW TOO? ROOOOOOFL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL at the Indians having Ryan Raburn pitch the 9th inning but even worse that Tuiasosopo struck out to him. I'll give the kid credit he got a 1-2-3 inning during garbage time when the Indians were down 10-2 with a beaten up pen because of what the Tigers did to them in this four game sweep in Cleveland.

Name:  F3744-yE.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  82.3 KB

MAX SCHERZER 17-1

Time for the Tigers pitching to light up AROID and the Yankees starting tomorrow.

Gold
    Load Metric
    LOL can we get BCR's take on these recent events?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    LOL can we get BCR's take on these recent events?

don't think you will get a response from him anytime soon

Name:  nap.gif
Views: 177
Size:  50.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tough loss tonight but GOD can't win it alone.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id...3&query=tigers

Load Metric
    Right through the 5 hole. Ouch.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Thread Information