Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Red Sox > Tigers

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    I don't get the Avila hate. He had a better OBP than Kinsler, Hunter and Castellanos. He did have a crummy year and might be damaged, but he's been hated for a long time. I think people are still stuck looking at average instead of OBP.
    151 K's in 390 AB's

42 K's in 106 AB's vs LHP

career postseason 43 K's in 110 AB's .145 avg .230 OBP
    Strikeouts? For real? Is this 1975?

He shouldn't be playing against lefties, that's not his fault, it's managements fault that they do not have a capable back up catcher.

If you look around the AL, you'll find that Avila had one of the better OBP, even with having a very bad year offensively.

Who do you want to get? If they could get Russell Martin, I'd be on board. It's pretty tough to find a good offensive catcher right now because they keep getting moved.... Victor, Mauer, Carlos Santana. I think the easiest path is to find a more competent back up to pair with Avila to lighten his work load and sit him versus lefties.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    FYP

Comments

BeerAndPoker: Great play obv

Banned
    Load Metric
    SHOUT OUT TO U7.5

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    TIGERS GOING FOR THE PERFECT SEASON 162-0 WITH A 0.00 TEAM ERA.

THIS SEASON IS GONNA BE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

Load Metric
    LOL@Mr Perfect hitting bombs

Banned
    Load Metric
    What happened to chef p and the sox sanlmar??

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Forget Ricky P for just a second Max Scherzer game stats today: 9IN, 1H, 16Ks, 1BB.

He is 7-5 this year with a 1.93 ERA 113Ks, and 14BB. Obviously he is getting fucked by the Nationals hitting because nobody should be 7-5 with them kind of numbers.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    What happened to chef p and the sox sanlmar??
    I am glad you asked. Where to start?

31 runs allowed in last 3 games.

3rd highest payroll in MLB

1) Dodgers 1st Place
    2) Yankees 1st Place (ok after today 1/2 game down - but it looks better for my point)
    3) Red Sox maybe the 5th worst team in MLB?

Manager Farrell sounds like Tsarnaev's attorney as he applauds his team's effort and all that party line crap.

Ramirez, Sandivol, Miley & Chef P all locked up for years & even the Dodgers ain't gonna touch these guys and their contracts.

Wanna know what I think? I fucking love it. Fans starting to Bronx cheer walks and outright boos today. There will be a lynching. The sports talk is fantastic. 3rd place is dull.

Truthfully, failing this big is fun and will result in change. In the modern era of mega cable contracts and big dollar franchises, ratings matter - huge. Here's where it gets interesting and this serves as a cautionary tale for the Hollywood Dodgers. One of the minority owners is Tom Werner

Werner co-founded The Carsey-Werner Company with Marcy Carsey in 1980. In this capacity he served as executive producer of such television programs as The Cosby Show, Roseanne, 3rd Rock from the Sun and That 70s Show. Werner made nearly $600 million selling episodes of The Cosby Show for syndication. prior to all Carsey-Werner he was behind Mork & Mindy, Bosom Buddies... the list goes on.

These idiots in the front office sign big contracts to fill seats and sign advertising deals for opening day. ITS ALL ABOUT THE RATINGS. The nerd GM is too weak to stand up to ownership. He's a pawn. Theo Epstein (got job when Billy Beane turned down offer - see movie Moneyball final scene) ran out of town to escape the front office madness.

There is a scene spelled out in Terry Franconia's book where a meeting was held and the discussion was about signing a player because he was handsome and female cable viewers would like him. Lulz. Franconia was about to storm out of meeting but Theo Epstein grabbed his leg and forced him to sit down again.

Can't make this shit up. But the cable money drives the bus. You cannot slag off and rebuild. That costs millions in ad revenue.

I never had a clue what the Tigers were doing. They are kind of in the same boat. Would never get that closer. Papelbon?

I think the Dodgers are more similar. Maybe the pressure is not so intense in Hollywood as they are improving. Red Sox won right away and the bar was set. 500 straight sell outs. However, if Dodger choke again (and they will) things will get fun.

I am watching the College World Series to get my baseball fix. Games are much more interesting. Got a kid about that age and some of the guys have crossed paths with him.

Final thought. The whole Moneyball value game is not an advantage anymore. Too late Druff. Everyone is doing the same thing. So where is the advantage now? I believe scouting.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-14-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Load Metric
    Jays 11 straight. Right back in it

Load Metric
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...ng-astros.html

Did the Cardinals hack the right way, the Cardinal way? Hopefully, this story will stop the total bullshit Cardinal baseball is real baseball narrative.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...ng-astros.html

Did the Cardinals hack the right way, the Cardinal way? Hopefully, this story will stop the total bullshit Cardinal baseball is real baseball narrative.
    Had to do a double take when I heard the target was the Astros. Astros have always been synonymous with the cellar. But it's a new world order.

Sabremetric nerds cyber attacking one another should be worthy of another Wildcard

For you tin foil hats. Belichick is the man behind the curtain
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  31.6 KB

Comments

simpdog: Likely Brady's fault too
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-16-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    GOD SCHERZER with the no hitter and almost a perfect game today. His pitching stats this year continue to be extremely good except for his record due to the terrible run support he receives at times.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=350620120

Comments

Sanlmar: Bring back memories of better times?

Load Metric
    The Royals with 8 All Stars is getting owned by the Red Sox.

Oh, it's Chef P on the mound for Sox. nvm

Thank god we locked Chef P up from 2016-2019 for $82.5. He had one more year left & he might have walked.

His ERA in the fifth inning is almost 12.

Vs American League Central 0-3 w/ 6.30 ERA.

Lol, this isn't even close to our worst contract.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-20-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Cubic Zirconia SamGrizzleJanFisherBaby's Avatar
    Load Metric
    A NO-HITTER HAS BEEN THROWN!

VISIT WWW.MLB.COM/DOMINONO MONDAY, JUNE 22 AT 3PM ET/12PM PT.

THE FIRST 20,000 MLB.COM ACCOUNT USERS WILL RECEIVE A CODE VALID FOR A FREE DOMINO'S MEDIUM TWO-TOPPING HANDMADE PAN PIZZA.

*CARRYOUT ONLY. SEE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FULL DETAILS.
    CODE MUST BE REDEEMED ONLINE.

*I could not find the 2015 baseball thread.

Comments

Ricky: known efag

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SamGrizzleJanFisherBaby View Post
    A NO-HITTER HAS BEEN THROWN!

VISIT WWW.MLB.COM/DOMINONO MONDAY, JUNE 22 AT 3PM ET/12PM PT.

THE FIRST 20,000 MLB.COM ACCOUNT USERS WILL RECEIVE A CODE VALID FOR A FREE DOMINO'S MEDIUM TWO-TOPPING HANDMADE PAN PIZZA.

*CARRYOUT ONLY. SEE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FULL DETAILS.
    CODE MUST BE REDEEMED ONLINE.

*I could not find the 2015 baseball thread.
    sweet thank you

(out of rep atm so had to reply)

Load Metric
    What are the thoughts in Boston sports about that fat fuck Sandoval? I hope you guys hate him

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    What are the thoughts in Boston sports about that fat fuck Sandoval? I hope you guys hate him
    He is the nut low. I said this when they signed him too. The entire team is a fucking disaster. LOL @ the staff they assembled. I didn't think it would be this bad and I think they can pitch better but LOL there is no fucking stud. If your going to be the third highest payroll u should at least pay for some fucking pitching

Load Metric
    This team is the object of ridicule now.

I am convinced Sandoval was signed as much for marketing reasons as anything else. Red Sox do this sort of thing. Kung Fu Panda. You never see that character at the park or hear Sandoval referred to that way. So from a marketing standpoint it was another complete fail.

Used to be a switch hitter but they have completely given up on this fat load hitting right handed.

Every throw from third to first holds the promise of collecting a game ball if you are a fan in the 12th row.

He is Instagramming from the bench and generally just collecting a paycheck.

To be fair he is not even the worst big dollar signing either. Boston is gonna suck for years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    This team is the object of ridicule now.

I am convinced Sandoval was signed as much for marketing reasons as anything else. Red Sox do this sort of thing. Kung Fu Panda. You never see that character at the park or hear Sandoval referred to that way. So from a marketing standpoint it was another complete fail.

Used to be a switch hitter but they have completely given up on this fat load hitting right handed.

Every throw from third to first holds the promise of collecting a game ball if you are a fan in the 12th row.

He is Instagramming from the bench and generally just collecting a paycheck.

To be fair he is not even the worst big dollar signing either. Boston is gonna suck for years.
    Are they selling panda hats at the ballpark? The Giants made millions off those ridiculous things.

Thread Information