Simmer down boys

It was 4.5 runs after 5 innings

and it easily won.
    That makes sense too. WP

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Pretty sure he meant over 4.5 for the Tigers team total since no way the game was at that but they got 2 now so the bet still has some life.
    Never looked at game total 8 or 81/2. 4 1/2 woulda been a gimme.

Team total. Yeah, Fade Peavey was an excellent bet.

He'll be fine.

Lew's boy - Buck Farmer 189 ERA (no decimal) in minors he said. Better in the show at 15.63

Uehara has imploded in Boston. The insane run ended. Gotta laugh about my histrionics about Tigers picking him up at the Red Sox yard sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Simmer down boys

It was 4.5 runs after 5 innings

and it easily won.
    team totals bet after 5 innings

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Detroit grabbed game 1 of the big series with KC. Cabrera is running like shit but his bat his heating up big as of late.

It definitely would be a failure if the Tigers don't make the playoffs with this team stacked like it is but what about if Oakland misses out? They appeared to be a shoe in and have gone 9-19 in their last 28 games.

#wtfdidwetradeCespedes

Load Metric
    Cabrera looks like Kirk Gibson every time he breaks out of the box for first.

Load Metric
    I will start my Mea Culpas now.

Druff predicted Oakland collapse. (Can't find post) I argued there was no reason for this prediction. Wrong

I have repeatedly trashed Tigers GM Dumbrowski.

Dan Duquette lived in neighboring town while he was out of baseball. His kid played summer ball with mine. It was awesome to sit in stands watching & talking baseball with him. He had such a reputation as a prick but he was a great guy who always asked how your kid was doing & such. He always hinted he might do a book on roids but now that will never happen.

I sent him an email (we all had each other's email) congratulating him on turning Orioles around and having another great season.

After a little back and forth, "Dumbrowki has great relationships with all the GM's". Dumbrowski doesn't try to gut you on a trade. A GM will always take his call. He gets a lot of respect.

So wrong again.

Comments

ToasterOven: solid stuff

Banned
    Load Metric
    I think Druff said the Royals would fall off and collapse and you said there is no reason to think that because of a 27-3 run.

Load Metric
    There was a funny moment in the Tiger's post game last night. Idiot Craig Monroe hinted that he thought the Royals were done. Now down an entire half game to the Tigers, he figured it was all over.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If any team looks defeated it is Oakland. 9-22 in their last 31 games and only a half game up in the Wildcard spot for a team that led the AL West up several games until August looking like they would finish with the best record in baseball. They don't have any heart and Seattle has the chance to the next two days to send a struggling team to chase mode for a playoff spot.

Seattle is also dangerous come post season for the simple fact they have given up less runs then any team in baseball this year so nobody should want them to get in.

Load Metric
    Took o8 Tigers v Indians

Flamethrower Salazar only has one pitch and the Tigers hitters are too good having seen his act before.

Lobstein is a problem for this bet. He is efficient and looks good. Indians have seen him before so we'll see if he can go second & third level thinking/pitching.

We always have "outs" with the Tigers bullpen.

Been watching a little Royals v Red Sox past two days. Very unimpressive defense lately. Is their magical run over?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Took o8 Tigers v Indians

Banned
    Load Metric
    Didn't have any "outs" with the bullpen sanlmar, better start retooling the model you're running. I'd still pinch to zoom on Nathan though.

Load Metric
    better start retooling the model you're running.

Love the way you put that. They are showing some grit.

I hope and believe the Tigers will make it. Who can get worked up over KC in playoffs? Tigers are a better story.

KC losing to the lowly Sox twice was a gift.

I bet equal units on this game and Maidana - following the fight will be stress free entertainment.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-13-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This play had me laughing so hard. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do this before on an intentional walk.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v36259795/cle.../?query=tigers

Load Metric
    The dreadful Red Sox taking 3 out of 4 from the Royals last week may have preserved a Tigers shot at the playoffs.

Weekend series Tigers @ Royals will be great stuff.

Anibal Sanchez to the bullpen? Never too late to experiment.

Load Metric
    The dreadful Red Sox taking 3 out of 4 from the Royals last week may have preserved a Tigers shot at the playoffs.

Weekend series Tigers @ Royals will be great stuff.

Anibal Sanchez to the bullpen? Never too late to experiment.
    I plan on catching at least 2 of the 3 game set this weekend. KC with a shot at the playoffs for the first time in my adult life. The K should be rocking.
    Vargas vs Verlander Friday- Royals should have a slight edge
    Shields vs Scherzer Saturday- Detroit slight edge, but you cant bet against Big Game James in this one.
    Guthrie vs Porcello Sunday- Detroit advantage. Guthrie has been all over the place as of late. His last 3 games consisted of 7 inn 1 ER, 2.2 inn 8 ER, and 8 inn 0 ER. Follow the pattern and he will probably get rocked. And the 2.2 inn game was against Detroit.

Should be a fun series. Royals go in one game back so if they take 2/3 it could be tied going into the last week of the season. Im not super confident though. Detroit has owned KC this year, and KC actually has a better road record than home record.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Detroit going for the sweep tomorrow which will put the nail in the coffin to the Royals chances of winning the AL Central. It's a must win game for the Royals in that aspect but they still got a strong Wildcard chance with the Mariners and the slumping A's still having a series left with the Angels.

Load Metric
    Is Ned Yost retarded? He must be. Both times he had Aoki bunt were terrible decisions. KC is shitting the bed a little, too. Not tagging up is something you get yelled at for in fucking t-ball.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Not tagging is EL O EL

I don't want to jinx it like druff so I'm not ready to call it just yet.

Load Metric
    Not tagging is EL O EL

I don't want to jinx it like druff so I'm not ready to call it just yet.
    The Tiger's pen is going to keep it interesting the rest of the way for sure.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Is Ned Yost retarded? He must be. Both times he had Aoki bunt were terrible decisions. KC is shitting the bed a little, too. Not tagging up is something you get yelled at for in fucking t-ball.

After watching probably 140/152 games this year, I can loudly answer your question with a YES! Yost got fired with 12 games left and Milwaukee in a pennant chase for a reason. This dude is the worst manager in MLB. The two bunts were horrible today. He waited 2 batters too long to pull Shields, who was obviously gassed. And I lost any respect I had left for him when he didnt get tossed on the tag up controversy bullshit today. And then afterwards say the Royals wont protest.

Heres what happened. The Tigers tried to appeal the call, it was ruled he tagged up. Then they challenged. During the faux challenge the Royals played the replay on the jumbotron per MLB rules on challenges. It was clear Perez didnt get back to the bag. But on the headset the umps were told by New York that it was not a play that could be challenged. So then the umps get together on the field and STILL OVERTURN the play. Stevie Wonder can see that the umps watched the replay and overturned the call based on that. Thats simply not allowed. 2 umps originally ruled Perez safe, so there is no other justification for the overturned call. Furthermore, if they wanted to get together and counsel on it, that should happen before any replay anyways.

Maybe sour grapes by a disappointed Royals fan, as Perez clearly didnt tag up, but I would protest the shit out of the game. Its just too important. The umpires clearly violated numerous rules and procedures. Replay is there to make shit like this not happen. In the end the correct result probably happened, but since when does that matter in MLB. Rules are rules and they definitely should be applied in a fucking heated division rivalry this close to the end of the season

Comments

varys: You have to lie cheat steal or kill rep
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information