Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    17th inning. Who's watching

I am
    Me too.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Painful game! Tigers should have just threw in the towel and let Nathan blow out his arm instead of wasting Porcello who will have to push his start back now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Painful game! Tigers should have just threw in the towel and let Nathan blow out his arm instead of wasting Porcello who will have to push his start back now.
    I think this was his day to throw in the bullpen anyway, so I think he'll make his start.

Load Metric
    Perfect time for joey to get his first hit of the day. Lol 1 for 8 with two walks

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    I think this was his day to throw in the bullpen anyway, so I think he'll make his start.
    Perhaps but that game was super painful to watch. Blow a 5-0 lead from runs the Tigers scored early and then go slump for 16 innings putting up nothing only to lose 6-5. It will be interesting to see if they can overcome this game because even as professionals who deal with the highs and lows knowing each day is a new game this still is a huge emotional blow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Go eat a dick Joe Nathan you washed up hack.
    Song remains the same.

But offense averages of 1.4 runs last 5 games, really?
    In the last 7 games the Tigers have boosted their offensive output to something like 2.2 runs per 9 innings.

This is a positive trend, no?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    VERLANDER IS GOD

/THREAD

Comments

Henry: lol

Load Metric
    You must be kicking yourself. For not becoming an A's fan when you could.

Bad judgement.

But....

Don't you worry, son.

It will all be over soon.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Its a good thing I bet o7.5 even money

SFO

Idiots

Load Metric
    To be clear.

I have been struck by BNP's guarded and qualified optimism regarding Tigers from very early on. He was more optimistic last year it seemed.

He has been pretty realistic in pointing out the flaws and what to look for.

Tight race will be pretty cool for the city & radio.

Lotta folks ripping on Cabrera for being too laid back about recent events. Don't mean shit. But it is a sign the natives are getting restless & are looking to light someone up.

Load Metric
    Jays +190 @ Seattle

Load Metric
    Your First Place Kansas City Royals y'all

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  75.6 KB

Comments

chinamaniac: JOSH WILLINGHAM IS GOD
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Your First Place Kansas City Royals y'all

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  75.6 KB
    Team W L PCT GB
    K.C. 64 53 .547 - W8
    Detroit 63 53 .543 0.5 L3
    Cleveland 59 59 .500 5.5 W2
    Chicago 56 63 .471 9 L1
    Minnesota 52 64 .448 11.5 W1

Comments

son of lockman: :)
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    To be clear.

I have been struck by BNP's guarded and qualified optimism regarding Tigers from very early on. He was more optimistic last year it seemed.

Lotta folks ripping on Cabrera for being too laid back about recent events. Don't mean shit. But it is a sign the natives are getting restless & are looking to light someone up.
    One thing we never agreed on was overuse of starting pitching.

Verlander doesn't deserve to be dissed. He pretty much is god.

He probably has been hurt for sometime, obv. He was abused and overused... for years.

He probably will not be 100% right this year. We will see.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    To be clear.

He probably has been hurt for sometime, obv. He was abused and overused... for years.

he got racked today

MRI GG

Tigers better off without him anyways

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    To be clear.

It's really hard to say but Verlander would always seem to get it together at the end of the season so if he was tired he didn't show it that much in clutch moments.

As for this year something is definitely wrong. It could be him aging too quickly, an undisclosed injury he has battled for most of the season (that is my guess), or just never being able to make the proper adjustments he could in the past because he has mechanical issues he can't seem to fix.

When you look at some elite pitchers of the past some of them did have a least one bad/sub-par year in their career which happened in the middle of it.

I just won't chalk it up completely to being over used through the years when their could be other reasons for his decline this season. I don't think he will get it right either this year and hope he fixes it next season otherwise he will go down as one of the biggest pitching busts after signing a huge contract in MLB history.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I don't think you can point to any *one* thing with Verlander, yes his numbers have been trending down for several seasons. He also had a major surgery during the off season, the same one that Cabrera had and obviously hasn't yet recovered from.

Has he been over pitched? yes

Has he had mechanic issues past and present? yes

is he being nagged by an injury this season? yes

I also agree that we probably won't see a very good Verlander for the remainder of this season (barring a scary MRI scan, which could really set him back)

If he comes back strong next season and pitches a somewhat strong year than forsure we will know he had a nagging injury/wasn't recovered from surgery issue this season. However I don't think we will ever see that game 7 I'm just going to strike this fucker out no matter what Verlander again for the rest of his career.

Load Metric
    As for this year something is definitely wrong. It could be him aging too quickly, an undisclosed injury he has battled for most of the season (that is my guess), or just never being able to make the proper adjustments he could in the past because he has mechanical issues he can't seem to fix.

When you look at some elite pitchers of the past some of them did have a least one bad/sub-par year in their career which happened in the middle of it.

I just won't chalk it up completely to being over used through the years when their could be other reasons for his decline this season. I don't think he will get it right either this year and hope he fixes it next season otherwise he will go down as one of the biggest pitching busts after signing a huge contract in MLB history.

Now I don't know if i've said it in another thread but someone was bitching that it was his girl that was throwing him off and I had always said that he was hurt and hiding it. Now just follow along the timeline a bit; First, he plays and he's ok. Second, he isn't playing very well at all. Third, this continues on during mid-season. Fourth, a mid-season deal is struck and they bring in another heavy hitting pitcher. Fifth, Verlander comes out for his first start after Price is in the lineup and immed. extricates himself from the mound complaining of a shoulder something or other.

Can you follow the script that has played out in front of you? The Tigers and Verlander both knew he was done for the season and kept it quiet until they could get another big gun.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Now I don't know if i've said it in another thread but someone was bitching that it was his girl that was throwing him off and I had always said that he was hurt and hiding it. Now just follow along the timeline a bit; First, he plays and he's ok. Second, he isn't playing very well at all. Third, this continues on during mid-season. Fourth, a mid-season deal is struck and they bring in another heavy hitting pitcher. Fifth, Verlander comes out for his first start after Price is in the lineup and immed. extricates himself from the mound complaining of a shoulder something or other.

Can you follow the script that has played out in front of you? The Tigers and Verlander both knew he was done for the season and kept it quiet until they could get another big gun.

Verlander had two good starts after the Price trade, Aug 1 and Aug 6, with the second in NY being one of the better games he pitched all year. Even if your theory is correct, which I don't think it is, they wouldn't send Verlander out 3 more times after they acquired Price. And Verlander is under a long term contract, there's no way the team would have him knowingly pitch hurt just so they don't get gouged in the trade market. JV has a contract through 2019 at least.

The most logical explanation is that he had surgery last off season and isn't as strong as he usually is. He's been over compensating with his arm because his lower half isn't as strong and now he fucked up his shoulder. Happens all the time.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Verlander is banging top shelf pussy and has 140m guaranteed coming to him....motivation gone. You can't be a pro athlete and date another mega star it just doesn't work. Your focus has gone from dominating your sport, to doing everything possible to make sure the dream girl doesn't wander off. See Rory. See Kemp. See many others. Verlander is right in his prime there is no reason for him to be falling off at 31.

Comments

jsearles22: Beat me to it. How has Rory done since brushing away the top shelf pussy?

Thread Information