Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Didn't want to say anything here when this happened as I have too much respect for Lew and BeerandPoker, but in my mind I knew this series was over the moment Hunter toppled over the wall like that. It was one of those classic moments you just know there is no way a team can overcome a letdown like that. There is a lot to be said about destiny in sports, IMO that moment cemented the outcome of this series.

BTW, awful, awful call on that 3-2 strike that was called a ball. That was a death blow for the Tigers. Hated seeing it as you never like to see a shit call have a big part in the way a series goes, but that's baseball I guess.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Didn't want to say anything here when this happened as I have too much respect for Lew and BeerandPoker, but in my mind I knew this series was over the moment china started this thread in April
    FYP

Comments

vegas1369: LOL

big dick: women in pink cap

Load Metric
    I'm very disappointed in china's lack of trash talking in this thread. I've lost total respect & will now have to end our close personal friendship unless things change dramatically.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Nice call China. SOX going to win the World Series in 4 or 5.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

would like you like to make a friendly wager on this?

Banned
    Load Metric
    can I get in on over 4 games too?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Either way it goes down I think this series goes 7 games.

Both teams are playing well right now and I'd be surprised if anyone goes cold. The long lay off last year crushed the Tigers when they swept so I guess St Louis has an extra day but still both series went 6 games.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I'm very disappointed in china's lack of trash talking in this thread. I've lost total respect & will now have to end our close personal friendship unless things change dramatically.
    Not all Boston fans are complete assholes. Just most of us are.

Load Metric
    via deadspin

Comments

vegas1369: LOL... This needs to be a : something here

Load Metric
    What an implosion by Detroit. Two fantastic starts by Sherzer blown by the Tigers bullpen, both by grand slams? You couldn't make that shit up.

Next year Cabrera will be recovered from injury and maybe Detroit will improve its bullpen, then they will have to go back to fielding errors by the pitching staff as their preferred method of choking in the playoffs.

Also, Boston fans are obnoxious. I always cheered for the Sox to overcome the evil empire of the Yankees and finally win a world series but their fans have rapidly developed a sense of entitlement that makes me want to puke. Yankees fans and Cubs fans are still more annoying though.

GO CARDS

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

would like you like to make a friendly wager on this?
    NO. I already have a lot of money riding on Boston:
    03/24/2013
    04:14 PM
    [Ticket #: 138416578] ODDS TO WIN 2013 WORLD SERIES
    10/20/2013 @ 09:01 AM TNT
    [11004] BOSTON RED SOX +4300

Load Metric
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2013...rn-reports-say

Too bad he isn't taking Dombrowski with him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not sure how much is left but the press conference is here:

http://wapc.mlb.com/det/play/?topic_...nt_id=31168533

They probably will have it up over there anyways. This is the polite way of parting ways with him instead of just saying gtfo considering he did get the team to the playoffs four times and two world series since 2006.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

They probably will have it up over there anyways. This is the polite way of parting ways with him instead of just saying gtfo considering he did get the team to the playoffs four times and two world series since 2006.
    I'm not sure, thinking back on things now like how emotional he has been makes me wonder if he knew whatever happens he's hanging it up.

I knew they weren't going to fire him, guy has way to good of a record for something like that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post

I'm not sure, thinking back on things now like how emotional he has been makes me wonder if he knew whatever happens he's hanging it up.

I knew they weren't going to fire him, guy has way to good of a record for something like that.
    I've always liked Jim Leyland even when he was boot fucking my team when he managed in the National League & specifically the Pirates.

He's a class act all the way.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post

He was on the Mitch Albom show on the radio and said he called it in April and told everyone in upper mgmt in June so this was a done deal but the players didn't know.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Leyland has said a few times he was probably done and came back. Sometimes it's hard to get rid of these old guys they just keep on coaching but the team adding Hunter, a few other guys, and having VMart playing the expectations were to win a World Series and it didn't happen.

What if Illitch told him: "We want you back Jim! We will shell out more money for bull pen pitching and declare ourselves in the race for Cano will you coach another year?" While this move is the correct one the fact is upper management loves Leyland and it would not surprise me if they actually would have tried to keep him.

I never thought they would fire him but many fans are critics who wanted that to happen. It's so much of a "what have you done for me lately" type of mentality that fans have not really seeing the big picture of what was accomplished in the Leyland era.

Load Metric
    Leyland has said a few times he was probably done and came back. Sometimes it's hard to get rid of these old guys they just keep on coaching but the team adding Hunter, a few other guys, and having VMart playing the expectations were to win a World Series and it didn't happen.

What if Illitch told him: "We want you back Jim! We will shell out more money for bull pen pitching and declare ourselves in the race for Cano will you coach another year?" While this move is the correct one the fact is upper management loves Leyland and it would not surprise me if they actually would have tried to keep him.

I never thought they would fire him but many fans are critics who wanted that to happen. It's so much of a "what have you done for me lately" type of mentality that fans have not really seeing the big picture of what was accomplished in the Leyland era.
    They did tell him they wanted him back, he was just done. Think about it though, 50 years of it. That's a hell of an accomplishment.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tigers have some major issues coming up and that division is improving at the same time.

1. The bullpen sucks. I am sure they will try and address this but sometimes this can be hit or miss. For a team that has a rotation like that it is a travesty to have a bullpen like that. You can get by when scoring 10+ but your not going to be putting up 10+ vs elite pitchers in the playoffs

2. Prince Fielder - This guys #s have declined both years in Detroit but they owe this guy till I think 2020 @ 20 mill + per. One of the eye poppers were his home run totals this year as they dipped down to 25 and even last year he hit 30 which was the lowest since his first full season. He is a 300+ pound man who is just about 30 and is headed to the back 9 of his career. I don't think he is done and he could rebound but when you are paying a guy 20 MIl + to hit hr 25 aint going to cut it. He also posted the lowest OBP since his rookie year and his lowest slugging total. He is also a below average fielder and a terrible base runner as we all witnessed. Thios could turn into a terrible contract if his play continues so

3. Scherzer trade rumors. Detroit guys- Do you think they will deal him? While it is not good to give away aces they have 3 VERY above average guys outside of him. They may be able to get a bundle for him if the right team comes and offers a boatload. Otherwise when his contract comes up you are looking at maybe 25 million per.

4. Verlander- There were concerns mid season when he was getting racked as his velocity was down and he has logged in a ton of innings over the past 4-5 seasons but he cruised down the stretch and into the playoffs. I expect a monster season out of him next year.

5. Cabrera - This guy was banged up all year. Better get that fixed as well cause this guy aint getting younger. Easily the best hitter in the game whether healthy or not but this guy can't keep taking a beating @ 3rd or he is going to keep getting hurt. Tough to Dh him as well cause you have Prince and Victor (another guy on the back 9)

Thread Information