Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox > Tigers

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    I am waiting for Chinamaniac to tear you guys apart. I will be nice and keep quiet.

What's he going to tear apart? The Tigers bullpen? Yea like we didn't already know that.

Load Metric
    makes for a better series

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Yea, I just noticed china for some reason woke up.

Miraculously

Load Metric
    Scherzer should of never been taken out of this game..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post
    I agree. 108 pitches isn't at Scherzer's limit he had more left. I just wouldn't have given a shit about walking Papi home either you got to let someone else beat you with the long ball and I like the Tigers chances against anyone else coming up so you try to get him to swing and if he gets walked home then so be it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    GG Boston fans you hid from this thread all game but you get to come to Detroit tied 1-1.
    Walking Dead premier tonight obv + big Sunday Night Football game

Max was filthy and props to knocking around the best pitcher in the A.L. this year and chasing him out before the 6th but we all knew what was coming when Papi stepped to the plate with the bases juiced and the rest is history.

Oh and nice shortstop you guys got in that trade . Heck of a fielder

Banned
    Load Metric
    I agree. 108 pitches isn't at Scherzer's limit he had more left. I just wouldn't have given a shit about walking Papi home either you got to let someone else beat you with the long ball and I like the Tigers chances against anyone else coming up so you try to get him to swing and if he gets walked home then so be it.
    Even though Big Papi is money in the post season it has to be tough to walk him, bring in a run and still keep the bases juiced.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    GG Boston fans you hid from this thread all game but you get to come to Detroit tied 1-1.

Max was filthy and props to knocking around the best injury prone pitcher in the A.L. this year and chasing him out before the 6th but we all knew what was coming when Papi stepped to the plate with the bases juiced and the rest is history.
    You watch Walking Dead over the live baseball game? They replay that over and over again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Even though Big Papi is money in the post season it has to be tough to walk him, bring in a run and still keep the bases juiced.
    Them other mutts aren't hitting and I'm not necessarily saying walk Papi but don't give him anything good to hit and hope he swings at junk but unfortunately Benoit has no control over whatever he throws atm.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Max was filthy and props to knocking around the best pitcher in the A.L. this year and chasing him out before the 6th but we all knew what was coming when Papi stepped to the plate with the bases juiced and the rest is history.

Oh and nice shortstop you guys got in that trade . Heck of a fielder
    oh the drama...

bases juiced, big papi at the plate.

This is Boston's chance to get back in this thing.
    Iglesias definitely didn't need to throw that ball to first, even if that ball is on the money he's probably safe but having said that Iggy is definitely an improvement at SS over Peralta without any doubt.

Banned
    Load Metric

Them other mutts aren't hitting and I'm not necessarily saying walk Papi but don't give him anything good to hit and hope he swings at junk but unfortunately Benoit has no control over whatever he throws atm.
    Them mutts aren't hitting guys like Sanchez, Scherzer and most likely Verlander but them mutts can hit Benoit and the bullpen, that's pretty obvious.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Them mutts aren't hitting guys like Sanchez, Scherzer and most likely Verlander but them mutts can hit Benoit and the bullpen, that's pretty obvious.
    Your point is valid and I agree but sometimes it's like do you want to their best hitter or make someone else step up?

Banned
    Load Metric

So we got the split in Boston and now we have 3 games back in Detroit, anybodies series but still slightly tipped in the Tigers favor IMO.

I highly doubt the Tigers are sweeping the 3 back home but I'll take 2 of 3 and we can win a game in Boston to wrap it up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Starting pitching heavily favors Detroit but the bullpen presents some serious challenges and is the biggest downfall for Detroit which was already obvious before tonight's blow up.

Boston is back in the series and gained a lot of momentum winning this game though as being down 2-0 coming to Detroit for 3 would have royally stunk for them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Johnathan Papelbon wants out of the Phillies, unless they blow up the team

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/95...eeping-changes

No, I would like to stay here. But if I'm going to have to put up with this year after year, then no, I don't want to be here. Why would you? Why would anybody?
    Ironically now he kinda wants back on the Red Sox, since they let go of their expensive players (himself included) and are now successful.
    Why the Tigers didn't make the move for a closer at the trade deadline is beyond me. We would be talking about one of the most dominant playoff teams in quite some time. Instead they are a team with a huge flaw. Repeating this scenario will weigh heavy.

What a day for New England, Sox & Pats.

Load Metric

Also does your catcher call his own pitches? Cuz if anyone but Rafael Belliard called that first pitch fast ball to Ortiz then heads should be rolling in the Tigers organization AS WE SPEAK HERE. Right down main street!!

Load Metric
    Also does your catcher call his own pitches? Cuz if anyone but Rafel Belliard called that first pitch fast ball to Ortiz then heads should be rolling in the Tigers organiztion AS WE SPEAK HERE. Right down main street!!
    He obviously missed his location. As already stated by B&P, he has no idea where it's going.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Also does your catcher call his own pitches? Cuz if anyone but Rafel Belliard called that first pitch fast ball to Ortiz then heads should be rolling in the Tigers organiztion AS WE SPEAK HERE. Right down main street!!
    He obviously missed his location. As already stated by B&P, he has no idea where it's going.
    Why this guy should be bagging grocery's at the local supermarket in cuba instead of pitching in the 8th inning with the bases juiced. Who's to blame here? This can't happen in October!! This isn't a Tuesday night game in July U have this team on the ropes Scherzer is pitching beebe's and u somehow get to Benoit in that spot?? Can't happen anyone see what the live betting line was in the 7th?? Only a Leyland lead team could make that cash!!

Load Metric

Why this guy should be bagging grocery's at the local supermarket in cuba instead of pitching in the 8th inning with the bases juiced. Who's to blame here? This can't happen in October!! This isn't a Tuesday night game in July U have this team on the ropes Scherzer is pitching beebe's and u somehow get to Benoit in that spot?? Can't happen anyone see what the live betting line was in the 7th?? Only a Leyland team could make that cash!!
    I laughed out loud when they took Albequerque out & brought Benoit in & I'm not considered a big Tiger's fan so I can only imagine the angst, swearing & shoe throwing occuring in these households.

Nor did I have any money on them so there's that too.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Why this guy should be bagging grocery's at the local supermarket in cuba instead of pitching in the 8th inning with the bases juiced. Who's to blame here? This can't happen in October!! This isn't a Tuesday night game in July U have this team on the ropes Scherzer is pitching beebe's and u somehow get to Benoit in that spot?? Can't happen anyone see what the live betting line was in the 7th?? Only a Leyland team could make that cash!!
    I laughed out loud when they took Albequerque out & brought Benoit in & I'm not considered a big Tiger's fan so I can only imagine the angst, swearing & shoe throwing occuring in these households.

Nor did I have any money on them so there's that too.
    I actually caught it late and before I could get it out of my mouth to my girl that this is bad, the ball and
    Hunter were both over the wall..
    Last edited by badguy23; 10-13-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Thread Information