Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
Navajo rugs
"A rug weaver always weaves one line into her rug which stands out from the rest of the pattern. It appears to be a flaw, but is actually very intentional. This is known as the spirit line. This line is woven into the rug so the pattern isn’t perfect.The spirit line is there to let the good spirits into the art and let the evil ones out."

Dumbrowski didn't perfect the bullpen intentionally.

Every damn seat will be filled from now til last day of season. Television ratings through da roof.

Best show in baseball right now.
I don't think this holds water. Losing Bruce Rondon in the spring and Nathan being ineffective could not be foreseen. He traded for Soria, and he was probably the second best reliever available (after Uehara). Plus, Hanrahan and Jim Johnson are signed to minor league contracts as long shots. I really think it's been a couple of bad breaks.

I think not aggressively chasing Uehara is a legit criticism, but that depends on what the Sox were asking for. And I think not resigning Benoit was idiotic.

edit- Also, Comerica has been packed since 2006, even through the recession, so they don't need gimmicks to sell tickets right now.
I was exaggerating about the fans. Just a Dumbowski joke (redundant). But it IS must see TV. A great race.

Nathan was no surprise. C'mon

Everyone overvalues prospects. Boston has 5 or 6 of what were the top prospects playing right now. Most are meh.

Boston didn't want Cabrera, ha.

Benoit was out there again at deadline too.

Go for the win this year. Next year is going to be a less powerful lineup.

Get Price to sign a contract and flip for Uehara.

Work with me.